PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hi! My Abarth is a week old today!

iBARTH
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry for the bad iphone photos but that's all I got for now. I just wanted to say hi! Picked it up last Friday (after ordering it on March 3rd).... it is the most fun car I've ever driven. Can't wait to drive home everyday (sadly, I can't wait to drive to work just as well, arrggghhh Abarth! what have you done!!! :anonymous:)

krayzielilsmoki
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I like that color combination looks stealth, Congrats!

Leotxn
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Finally a Grigo Abarth with 16" to look at :) Thanks and congrats! Same as the one I have on order except I ordered sunroof and cloth seats :)

iBARTH
04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I know right? soooo many black ones so far (btw, I'd take one in any of the 4 colors) so I thought I should grigio-it-up a bit.
I agree, there is something stealth about it (maybe the wheels matching the body and the decals on the side not jumping at you....). Of course, as soon as you turn the ignition key on, all the stealthness vanishes.. ehehe.

wachuko
04-27-2012, 01:03 PM
I know right? soooo many black ones so far (btw, I'd take one in any of the 4 colors) so I thought I should grigio-it-up a bit.
I agree, there is something stealth about it (maybe the wheels matching the body and the decals on the side not jumping at you....). Of course, as soon as you turn the ignition key on, all the stealthness vanishes.. ehehe.

Thank you!! That is the color combination that I want for mine!!! Take and share more photos :)

Enjoy it in good health!! vrroooooommmm

LCFCUK
04-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Congrats! Love the colour combination you picked.

ewflyer
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Mine is exactly that combo except that I ordered black leather seats (the full-on stealth configuration). It's scheduled for delivery on 5 May.

I'm still getting my head wrapped around just how small they are. Looking your pictures and seeing all that extra room in the parking space.

Abarth67
04-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Very nice. I just picked mine up last night...loving every mile of it!

sjmst
04-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Congrats! Love the colour combination you picked.

Me too! I picked those colors. Congrats.

wachuko
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Very nice. I just picked mine up last night...loving every mile of it!

I know mine is red, I know this is wrong, but I don't care! I am making that photo my computer desktop image!!

iBARTH
04-27-2012, 02:37 PM
ewflyer: don't worry about the size! it is just right. The parking spot I park in at work (on the photos) is an odd left-over shape that is bigger than the regular ones... (and yes, that is great to keep door dings away!!!!)
Abarth67: your nice artistic photo with the graphiti is making mines look soooooooooo bad!!!!! Very nice;)

ewflyer
04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't you hate being forced to put that sticker on the windshield? Aren't two license plates enough already?

MADNESSMIKE
04-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Congrats on getting your Abarth! That grey looks sharp.

Abarth67
04-27-2012, 03:00 PM
I know mine is red, I know this is wrong, but I don't care! I am making that photo my computer desktop image!!

If you want a larger res version, go here...
http://brettspic.smugmug.com/Other/Abarth-500/22630708_X8vSCF#!i=1815638096&k=8KBR9bd
There are a few more shots you may like as well. Let me know what you like the best.

pastor passum
04-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Super SmugMug photos Abarth67. The one you posted as well as pic 26 are my favorites.

Thanks

Fiat500USA
04-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Sorry for the bad iphone photos but that's all I got for now. I just wanted to say hi! Picked it up last Friday (after ordering it on March 3rd).... it is the most fun car I've ever driven. Can't wait to drive home everyday (sadly, I can't wait to drive to work just as well, arrggghhh Abarth! what have you done!!! :anonymous:)

Congratulations! I also ordered Grigio. Glad to see a post with one!

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1883&d=1335544137

satellite
04-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Finally! I ordered this same combination, couldn't find a picture anywhere! Take some more and congrats! :)

Also, on the 16" wheels, does anybody know if the red stripe in the center comes off with the center cap or is it painted on the actual wheel?

iBARTH
04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I will take more photos but I need to wash it first... again! (I already washed it and waxed it last weekend). Thanks for your good comments everyone. I absolutely love this thing.
-satellite: I looked it up for you and the red stipe/circle on the center cap is not painted.. it looks like it is red-thru (plastic) and molded with the rest. It won't come apart. It looks better than you think...you might want to give it a try:)

DCAbarth
04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
DC! Sweet! I have the same color combo, grigio/black stripe mirror cap on order, black leather seats, 16" wheels. I've gotten two test drives in at FIAT of Alexandria and I'm loosing sleep in anticipation of getting my Abarth! I absolutely can't wait!!! And I'm very excited to see a real grigio/black stripe Abarth pic!

BlackHeart
04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
If you want a larger res version, go here...
http://brettspic.smugmug.com/Other/Abarth-500/22630708_X8vSCF#!i=1815638096&k=8KBR9bd
There are a few more shots you may like as well. Let me know what you like the best.

Great pictures...but really, how could you go wrong with such a beautiful subject! Thanks for sharing.

Doodles
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM

You aren't wrong, sports cars are supposed to be RED, never BlaCk in my H O .

Abarth500
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Mine is Grigio with red stripe and read leather seats. Arrives at dealer on May 2 (late, should have been there today). Can't get to the dealer until next Saturday to pick it up (2 hour drive away). Can't wait! I've owned them all, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus and now trading in my Lexus ISF daily driver on the Abarth. Most fun car to drive was the Lotus. But too damn hard to climb in and out of. Hoping to get the same lotus love from the abarth, without the crazy entry and exit.

wachuko
04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I hope this is not considered a hijack... rather than creating a new thread I thought I would post my first ownership impression...

I will try not to repeat much of what have been said...

WOW!

That is it, everything else folks have already shared.

Seriously. Here are my comments:

I am glad we got this car. We love it!

It would be very difficult to improve on the exhaust note... I don't see any reason at this point to try to replace the stock unit and introduce any type of annoying drone into the cabin.

I like the looks of the 16" wheels. But those CIAO or Magneti Marelli would look amazing in this car as well... I have to keep reminding myself that this will be my daughter's car, no mods Jaime, no mods...

I need to tint the windows... a must here... and not only the side and rear glass, but also the sunroof! Still trying to understand the logic behind a perforated shield instead of solid. Even looking to see if the 3M crystalline can be legally installed in the windshield (even if clear, but something that will help).

Radio sounds great for us, don't need anything else there.

Suspension is very good, not perfect, but very good. I need to drive it more to better describe it, but it is not tight, there is some unwanted rebound? I will drive it some and try to pinpoint what is it with it that I just feel needs some work... I have to keep reminding myself that this will be my daughter's car, no mods Jaime, no mods...

Family of four, we fit fine (of course, we are all 5'7" or less ;) ). Only thing that gets tired fast is the passenger seat not going back to the setting it was before, every time we pull it up and forward to let someone in or out of the back. Small inconvenience for this beauty of a car.

Shifter is fine... I do wonder if the short shift kit would make something good even better... but not sure I want to spend any $ on that just yet... will let others that do the mod chime in. I have to keep reminding myself that this will be my daughter's car, no mods Jaime, no mods...

Sport mode - note to self <find a way to hardwire that sucker into Sport mode all the time> It is that good... but I have no issues on normal mode. As somebody else said, having the option makes you appreciate the car and not take the sport mode for granted. Something the wife reminds me I do with her... :highly_amused:

No carpets in the back? Really!? I have children, must get a set...

Rear cargo area can hold a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra, two bottles of wine, some cheese and Spain Chorizo Cantinpalo... well, it holds much more, but that is the only things that we have put in there

The good thing about getting the car early for our daughter is that we get to enjoy it for a year or two... bad thing is that she can't wait to start driving and can't contain her desired to own it now... so she is looking and asking a lot of questions about shifting, clutch, traction control, etc. Note to self <get her a book! now! so she can learn everything about traffic and driving safety to keep her occupied>

This car is going to be soooo much easier to wash, clean, and dry... lol

More later as I get more miles in this puppy... I am glad we got this car. We love it!

Fiat411
04-29-2012, 10:45 PM

Our cars are twins. Only diferance is my Abarth has a sun roof, and I opted not to get the decals. Living in D.C. I though it best to be a bit selthy. Once car thieves find out how hard it is to buy an Abarth due to its limited production They'll becaome a prime target.

Did you get your Abarth at Fiat of Alexandria too?

SeaDawg
04-30-2012, 02:48 AM
I need to tint the windows... a must here... and not only the side and rear glass, but also the sunroof! Still trying to understand the logic behind a perforated shield instead of solid. Even looking to see if the 3M crystalline can be legally installed in the windshield (even if clear, but something that will help).

No carpets in the back? Really!? I have children, must get a set...

This car is going to be soooo much easier to wash, clean, and dry... lol

More later as I get more miles in this puppy... I am glad we got this car. We love it!

I suggest making sure you get ceramic window tint to dramatically cut down on the heat transmitted into the car. Also the company Llumar makes a windshield tint..LLUMAR AIR BLUE 80 WINDSHIELD FILM, cuts about 99% of the UV rays. I don't recall how much of the heat it keeps out (guess, approx 20% to 30%). I'm sure 3M probably makes a comparable product.

You might want to look into some COCO MATS for the front and rear. www.cocomats.com (http://www.cocomats.com) and 500 Madness carry them. The ones I have are from cocomats.com and they wear like iron. I have the black with red dots ones and they complement the red exterior with black interior nicely.

It looks like you have your own 'car wash team' in one of those pictures!:peaceful:

I fear your daughter may be in danger of NOT getting this 'little devil'

It looked REALLY nice sitting there at 9 am Saturday morning when I stopped by to drop off the freebie...take care!

iBARTH
05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Went for a ride on twisty country roads on Sunday and took this photo. It is a little better than the parking lot ones... Anyway it was a blast!

DCAbarth
05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Cool! I'll have that exact same Abarth mid-June... funny is I grew up in Poolesville near where you took the photo! My mom is still up there so she'll be getting many many more visits from me when my Abarth comes in!

Went for a ride on twisty country roads on Sunday and took this photo. It is a little better than the parking lot ones... Anyway it was a blast!

iBARTH
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
woahh.. it's like a back to the future photo for you huh?! (alhtough I am sans sunroof and avec red seats).

Cool! I'll have that exact same Abarth mid-June... a funnier is I grew up in Poolesville near where you took the photo! My mom is still up there so she'll be getting many many more visits from me when my Abarth comes in!

DCAbarth
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes it is! The drives up that way will be very fun in the Abarth, take the back roads to Poolesville (River Rd through Potomac {careful of the speed cam on River before entering Potomac}, left on 112 and you have a few fun options from there. The main thing to be careful of in those parts is the deer.

sjmst
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Fine looking car! I also ordered grigio. How do you like the color? Nice wheels.
Any shots of interior and dash?

iBARTH
05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
yeah.. thanks to the tomtom (not sure why so many people complain about it) I got warned about those security cameras on the display. Pretty cool.

Yes it is! The drives up that way will be very fun in the Abarth, take the back roads to Poolesville (River Rd through Potomac {careful of the speed cam on River before entering Potomac}, left on 112 and you have a few fun options from there. The main thing to be careful of in those parts is the deer.

iBARTH
05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I only have one photo... it is not that good but I'll post it for you with this reply.
I am super happy with1935 grigio. Very handsome and works well with the base abarth wheels imo.

Fine looking car! I also ordered grigio. How do you like the color? Nice wheels.
Any shots of interior and dash?

Fiat411
05-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations. Beautiful car!