PDA

View Full Version : Changing an Abarth order once assigned a VIN?

tjcastl
04-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello, I've been lurking here for awhile, but now that my order has solidified with a VIN and status updates via the Chrysler Insight network, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I put a deposit down on my Abarth in February and was just assigned a VIN (CT339421) last week - no major updates in the system yet, and am quickly learning that hitting refresh over and over doesn't speed the process along...

Question: has anyone attempted to change parts of their order after a VIN has been assigned? My original order form with my dealer in Maryland simply noted "black leather" seats, after we'd discussed the Nero seats with the minimal red trim. What's on the VOTS page now, however, are Nero/Rosso seats which I believe are mostly red in front -- not what I wanted at all. I've emailed my dealer but was curious if anyone knows whether the order is a done deal at this point?

BellaFiat
04-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, I'm not sure about changing it, but now it makes me wonder about mine. I wanted the red leather and my order says Nero/red seats, which I am told by my dealer that it is the red leather.

nojeebs
04-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Well, I'm not sure about changing it, but now it makes me wonder about mine. I wanted the red leather and my order says Nero/red seats, which I am told by my dealer that it is the red leather.

The red leather seats are only red leather in the center and the lower top half of the seat. The back and bottom are in black leather. I wouldn't have minded full red leather but no matter they still add a splash of color. :)

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
04-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Hello, I've been lurking here for awhile, but now that my order has solidified with a VIN and status updates via the Chrysler Insight network, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I put a deposit down on my Abarth in February and was just assigned a VIN (CT339421) last week - no major updates in the system yet, and am quickly learning that hitting refresh over and over doesn't speed the process along...

Question: has anyone attempted to change parts of their order after a VIN has been assigned? My original order form with my dealer in Maryland simply noted "black leather" seats, after we'd discussed the Nero seats with the minimal red trim. What's on the VOTS page now, however, are Nero/Rosso seats which I believe are mostly red in front -- not what I wanted at all. I've emailed my dealer but was curious if anyone knows whether the order is a done deal at this point?

I was told once the car hits D1 status the car may not be changed ,mines at D not D1 but I love the red thats what I ordered

tjcastl
04-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I was told once the car hits D1 status the car may not be changed ,mines at D not D1 but I love the red thats what I ordered

Thanks for the info. That's good to know, since it appears the vehicle hasn't been assigned a status at all yet:

Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code:
Dealer Delivery ETA:

I like the red seats ok; however, that was a concession to my wife who's still emotionally attached to my Mini, which will be traded in...