PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hampton Roads VA

FiatFighter
04-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Hey guys-
I realized I've been posting like mad since I found this forum, just wanted to give a little background on myself, I'm 29 , a Deputy Sheriff who has been in to modding cars since the moment I could start driving, My first car was a nissan 240sx that I sank a decent amount of money in to, sold it to a friend who wrecked it a week later, then I went on to an 84 Mustang SVO ( shared the turbo 2.3 with the murkur ) I've always had a thing for hot rodded 4 bangers, most recently I've been driving a 99 modded out cougar, Its fun but its just not what I really want.
So for ****s and giggles I decided to swing by the local Fiat Studio, being half italian the thought of owning a fiat really sorta of grabbed my imagination, Thats when I saw her a sport model verde oliva that I've jokingly started to refer to as tank due to the color and some of the exterior things I want to do with it :encouragement: , For the most part no one I know from work seems to understand the appeal of the 500 which is fine by me I've always dug cars that are the underdog , from the moment I pulled off the lot on my test drive I knew I wanted to take it home . Needless to say I'll be picking her up from the dealer very soon, and I figured I'd share some of my over all plans of things to do .

Engine - RRM Corsa intake , RRM Corsa Exhaust, RRM road race timing controller , Supersprint header ( if they decide to make one for the US spec 500)

Suspension - RRM strut package, eibach sportline springs

Exterior - Front Sport bar ( lol ya a fiat push bar ) , Sparco Drift 16x7 black rims

Brakes - Slotted front and rear rotors , rrm sportivo brake pads

All in all I'm looking at one hell of a mod bill ($2845) lol but it will be worth it to take the little 500 to the next level for me and ya I know I could just go and get the abarth and not a standard 500 but half the fun for me is seeing what the car will do Naturally aspirated

MrFiat
04-13-2012, 08:32 AM
FiatFighter gets an "Attaboy" from MrFiat! -- :applause:

unknown_eyes
04-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Just remember one thing, we like pics!! Post pics of the car after you get it and of the mods you make! Your color choice is a great one! I have a verde oliva lounge that I have customized a little bit, pics in my garage and album. I had a friend that had an SVO and I had a 88 thunderbird turbo coupe, both were a blast to drive! The turbo coupe was the 1st car I ever purchased, insurance cost me more a month than my payment, but I loved her dearly, the one car that will always have a special place in my heart!

cmj912
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
I found with the 500 that there are people who get it, and they really get it. People who don't get it I don't spend too much time around.

Now talk about a blast from the past - it has been quite some time since I've seen the word "Merkur" referred to anywhere! The Ford of Germany turbo was a cool engine.
But like the 500, there were certainly Americans who didn't get it :) Everything we ever seemed to try to do with a Euroversion here was somehow lost on Americans - ie the Catera, Scorpio, XR4ti.
I think if they sold the Scorpio NOW as the Taurus lots of US buyers would go for it. It takes us at least ten years to accept anything that looks like a Passat.

Welcome and looking fwd to pics when you get your car...

FiatFighter
04-14-2012, 12:59 AM
I always wanted an XR4ti so I guess I'm not a normal american , which I'm fine with I spent enough time back packing through europe after high school to fall fully and totally in love with euro cars and the style of cars over there, walking down a street in rome was when I saw my first Abarth a 68 595 SS, it was like the first time I saw a muscle car here in the states I stopped and just could not help but gawk at this little tricked out car, I even waited around and talked with the owner he in broken english and me in broken italian. So fast forward to the new fiats coming here to the states, I knew it was time for me to jump all over it. can't wait to start working on my own and trust me one I get it and start the modding fun, I'll be posting tons of pics!!.

Fiat500USA
04-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Hey guys-
I realized I've been posting like mad since I found this forum, just wanted to give a little background on myself, I'm 29 , a Deputy Sheriff who has been in to modding cars since the moment I could start driving, My first car was a nissan 240sx that I sank a decent amount of money in to, sold it to a friend who wrecked it a week later, then I went on to an 84 Mustang SVO ( shared the turbo 2.3 with the murkur ) I've always had a thing for hot rodded 4 bangers, most recently I've been driving a 99 modded out cougar, Its fun but its just not what I really want.
So for ****s and giggles I decided to swing by the local Fiat Studio, being half italian the thought of owning a fiat really sorta of grabbed my imagination, Thats when I saw her a sport model verde oliva that I've jokingly started to refer to as tank due to the color and some of the exterior things I want to do with it :encouragement: , For the most part no one I know from work seems to understand the appeal of the 500 which is fine by me I've always dug cars that are the underdog , from the moment I pulled off the lot on my test drive I knew I wanted to take it home . Needless to say I'll be picking her up from the dealer very soon, and I figured I'd share some of my over all plans of things to do .

Engine - RRM Corsa intake , RRM Corsa Exhaust, RRM road race timing controller , Supersprint header ( if they decide to make one for the US spec 500)

Suspension - RRM strut package, eibach sportline springs

Exterior - Front Sport bar ( lol ya a fiat push bar ) , Sparco Drift 16x7 black rims

Brakes - Slotted front and rear rotors , rrm sportivo brake pads

All in all I'm looking at one hell of a mod bill ($2845) lol but it will be worth it to take the little 500 to the next level for me and ya I know I could just go and get the abarth and not a standard 500 but half the fun for me is seeing what the car will do Naturally aspirated

Hi FiatFighter, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your car!