PDA

View Full Version : With or without engine cover??

500ways
04-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Up for debate: in and of itself, and without regard to noise, does simply removing the pull-off engine cover allow the car to run cooler and better, but mainly cooler?

This seems like a very easy, non-invasive way of additional engine cooling. Thoughts? Is the additional noise that bad?

shil
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I imagine that the thermostat wouldn't let the engine run any cooler than what it's set for, no matter what you did.

SeaDawg
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I imagine that the thermostat wouldn't let the engine run any cooler than what it's set for, no matter what you did.

My thoughts exactly.

Roadpizza
05-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I removed mine when I installed the Mopar CAI. Noise wise there is little difference. I'll use my experience with motorcycles and think wrapping the engine up in insulation isn't a good thing......

Bladecutter
05-14-2012, 11:42 PM
I removed mine when I installed the Mopar CAI. Noise wise there is little difference. I'll use my experience with motorcycles and think wrapping the engine up in insulation isn't a good thing......

Until you start riding your bike in cold (actually cold, that is) weather, and your bike can't get out of closed loop because the engine never gets hot enough, and you wind up wasting fuel, and killing the oil film on the cylinder walls, leading to excessive wear, that leads to oil burning, low power, and early engine failure.

People way smarter than you determined that the insulation on your motorcycle serves a purpose, and that the Fiat should have the insulation under the engine cover.

BC.