PDA

View Full Version : Club Racing the Abarths?.......

Cinquecento Abarth
04-07-2012, 04:08 PM
X Post from the abarth forum......

I am wondering if in the near future there will be Fiat Club Races in the Abarth, kind of like the spec miatas races.....

I am now racing my 911 in the Porsche Club Race, but it would be a lot less expensive to race an Abarth.........

Can someone get any info. from Fiat?

Pinecone
06-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Once there are enough cars sold, and they become cheap used cars, maybe.

Spec Miata is so popular because you can pick up a used Miata base car for $3K or so.

Abnormalradio13
12-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Quick question here. Now that the abarth is racin in the world challenge, what class is it in during the scca club racing

jguerdat
12-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not familiar with Club Racing (I'm an autocrosser) but a quick look in the GCR seems to show only the regular 500 in B Spec. Just off-hand, it appears that maybe T4 would be where the Abarth would fit. I'd suggest emailing someone for clarification:

http://www.scca.com/contact/

Gharbeson
03-11-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree with Piinecone. the cars are just too new and few present owners will be willing to give the cars up to the track. Even with a sanctioned roll cage street ability is pretty much gone with the next step being pulling out the interior, AC, carpet, airbags, etc, etc. But it's coming. I think a class for Abarths in SCCA racing is on the horizon. I think they would be a blast with no heavy seats, no airbags, lowered greatly, much lighter with a much lower COG. They will be much more stable and fun. I'd imagine all the mods loved by all would go out the window and allowable mods would be limited to suspension, tires, weight and safety equipment. For now I'll putter around the track in club events but I THINK I'll be one of the first to "take the plunge"

BigDaddySRT
03-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Once there are enough cars sold, and they become cheap used cars, maybe.

Spec Miata is so popular because you can pick up a used Miata base car for $3K or so.

LOL... those "Squirrels" in SPEC Miata... the base car might be $3K, but the amount of money they put into modifications and "hiding" modifications is astronomical.

Abnormalradio13
05-20-2014, 07:57 PM
The abarth is now classed in their T4 class. Yea having an abarth spec class would be awesome. For now we have just the abarth challenge on challenge club racing