PDA

View Full Version : Prima 111 Out > Abarth In!

Scorpion
03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
I just pulled the trigger. I've ordered my Abarth (as pictured below) and will be trading Prima Edizione 111 into the Studio when it arrives.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hyxeyq.jpg

Bianco
Forged Wheels
Red Mirror Caps/Stripe
Safety and Convenience Pkg.

Prima148
03-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Details! And congrats!

unknown_eyes
03-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Congrats!

MarkG
03-19-2012, 08:06 AM
I ordered mine with the 16s. Its going to be my daily driver, I must be getting(?)old, I think the 16s will give a better ride. White and red a traditional Abarth color!

Dwaynek
03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I have done the same trading my silver sport for a black Abarth! Got to have one! Have they identified a value for yours as a trade?

GramCracker
03-19-2012, 11:01 AM
I actually test drove Prima Editzione #1 the other day, it was my first time in a Fiat

FiatGusto
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
i actually test drove prima editzione #1 the other day, it was my first time in a fiat

and.......

GramCracker
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I felt special to be driving the number 1 car :strawberry:

I'm only joking. But on a serious note, I have absolutely no problems with the 500. My head rubbed the ceiling a few times (it had the sun roof, which is a must for me) but other than that it was a short and pleasant experience. I felt a bit cramped, it's hard to describe, but the A pillar and top of the front window felt very close to me and in-my-face. I feel like that had part to do with the seats being really high up, they were on their lowest setting and I still found myself wanting them lower (perhaps Sabelts would be lower?). The standard seats were very comfy and squishy. I was very pleased with the feel of all the dash buttons in the car for the radio and climate controls, they were soft and pleasant to touch.

Now, the clutch was very interesting. It's extremely different feeling from my S4, in the sense that there is virtually NO pedal feel. The pedal takes absolutely no effort to press into the floor, and then when you are searching for the catch point it just kinda happens and you don't know when it will catch. In the S4 the clutch pedal has LOTS of feel/weight behind it and it's obvious when it is going to catch. I could live with it, but I would prefer more feel behind a clutch pedal. As for the sport button, I only noticed an increase in responsiveness from the throttle, as if the throttle body was quicker to open/close upon pedal input.

Also, I brought my golf bag to the dealership to try and fit in the 500. I had a fair amount of doubt as to whether or not they would fit, and to my utter amazement they fit with putting only one seat down. :eagerness:

unknown_eyes
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
That is exactly the way I would want an abarth. White with red stripes/mirrors and white wheels with a black leather and fully loaded!! But, I dont want to part with my lounge and cannot afford 2 cars. :( So I'll just keep my lounge and dream of owning an abarth! :)

Scorpion
03-19-2012, 11:54 PM
I figured you can't go wrong with the traditional Abarth livery. :D

Have Trumpet Will Travel
03-20-2012, 12:34 AM
I dont want to part with my lounge and cannot afford 2 cars. :( So I'll just keep my lounge and dream of owning an abarth! :) None of MY business, yet here goes: With the majority of depreciation being in the first year or so of ownership, do keep and enjoy your present 500, particularly since you've upgraded it some. Allow the ABARTH to "evolve" some for a year or two, THEN make the quantum-leap if you still feel inclined. I believe some other colors / options will become available within the next 18 months, so as (another) 2012 FIAT 500 owner, let's both wait and buy a 2014 model, what do you think? Just my opinion, but I do think for me, at least, I'm going to wait it out. After all, some dreams don't materialize overnight.HTWT.

wachuko
03-20-2012, 07:19 AM
I just pulled the trigger. I've ordered my Abarth (as pictured below) and will be trading Prima Edizione 111...

That could have not been easy to decide... Those Prima Edizione are beautiful and special since were a numbered series. Too bad you can't keep both.

Congratulations on the Abarth!

cmj912
03-20-2012, 09:02 AM
None of MY business, yet here goes: With the majority of depreciation being in the first year or so of ownership, do keep and enjoy your present 500, particularly since you've upgraded it some. Allow the ABARTH to "evolve" some for a year or two, THEN make the quantum-leap if you still feel inclined. I believe some other colors / options will become available within the next 18 months, so as (another) 2012 FIAT 500 owner, let's both wait and buy a 2014 model, what do you think? Just my opinion, but I do think for me, at least, I'm going to wait it out. After all, some dreams don't materialize overnight.HTWT.

I agree with you TOTALLY. Enjoy my car and maybe tart it up with bits and bobs here and there along the way. Then, by the time I'm ready to jump on something who knows what they'll be offering?

unknown_eyes
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
I agree with you TOTALLY. Enjoy my car and maybe tart it up with bits and bobs here and there along the way. Then, by the time I'm ready to jump on something who knows what they'll be offering?

Yep! Yep! Still totally in love with my current 500! The Abarth really isn't a good option for me anyway as I tend to be lazy and prefer an auto, but its nice to dream. As stated, could possibly trade it in on an abarth in 2-3 years, by then an auto may be optional. But for now I'm not nearly done "tarting up" my current car! LOL! :love-struck: