PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on modifying your Abarth?

Mike S
03-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Although I think it will be a fine driver as it is, I think we would all like a few more HP. It's not the same turbo as in Europe so somebody will have to create some new program(s) for the ECU.

We will have to wait and see what it is like before we make any further requests. Seats count too but I really want to see/feel them before I decide. I do like the quality of the vinyl in the P.E. and wish other colors and cloth combos were available.

wachuko
03-10-2012, 07:41 PM
You might want to read this thread...

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?4924-Jalopnik-Fiat-500-Abarth-First-Drive

FIAT via Mopar will have a 200hp tune kit...and exhaust, and suspension, wheels, Carbon Fiber replacement parts....

The folks at 500 Madness already have a few of these items for sale...

wachuko
03-10-2012, 07:44 PM
I will try very hard to resist the temptation of modifying our first Abarth... I promised my wife no mods since that one goes to our daughter... When I get mine all bets are off. I want the tune, exhaust, intake, brakes, wheels....buuuuaaahahahahahah

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
03-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Although I think it will be a fine driver as it is, I think we would all like a few more HP. It's not the same turbo as in Europe so somebody will have to create some new program(s) for the ECU.

We will have to wait and see what it is like before we make any further requests. Seats count too but I really want to see/feel them before I decide. I do like the quality of the vinyl in the P.E. and wish other colors and cloth combos were available.

I am the R&D engineer at Helix Motorsport, and I am purchasing my car to develop performance parts ie tuning, intercooler upgrades, intakes, exhaust systems etc.

Fiat411
05-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Only a little. I plan to put the Karl Abarth special edition strips on the my Abarth.

SLOABARTH
05-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Karl (Carlo) was a tuner. We should follow his spirit by modifying our cars. I started to modify my Abarth 3 days after I received it and that was already a few weeks ago.