PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation and Status of Inital Abarth Orders

Ed in NE
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
According to multiple dealers / studios across the country, today, March 7th, is when orders for the first batch of Abarths will be formally entered into the Chrysler/Fiat system resulting in the issuing of offical vehicle order numbers (VON's) to be followed not too long thereafter by VIN's and the tracking of the manufacturing status of each individual vehicle as it makes it's way through the assembly process.

With this thread I'd like to share info among us who have placed orders regarding the status of our orders and the subsequent feedback we get from Fiat concerning the progress of the order from the inital confirmation to the vehicles being loaded onto trucks in Mexico to the estimated arrival date at the studios.

Let me start by saying that I am expecting an e-mail from my studio later today stating a confirmation that my order was entered into and accepted by the system and also assigned a VON. When this happens I'll post the details.

Is anyone else also expecting confirmation today?

DCAbarth
03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I too am awaiting a confirmation call/email, hopefully pretty soon! My dealer said it would be 6-8 weeks after the order was sent in the car would be at the studio.

captaindorko
03-07-2012, 11:29 AM
I really so, I just emailed my studio, hopefully ill hear back soon.

fiat for life
03-07-2012, 12:28 PM
The window actually opened late last night. Today is the day when orders go in.

krayzielilsmoki
03-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I called my dealership up and the person that answered said he has no information about orders and the person I need to talk to is in a meeting most likely about the order process. I'm waiting for a call back from the man with the plan.

GramCracker
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I reeeeeeeaaaally want to say screw it and just order one, but my brain is telling me to wait for the demo car first. Grrrrrrrr

SteveL
03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
It's happening.... I got the call from my dealer this morning.

wachuko
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Interesting... I wonder then why Tom told me that the order could not be changed if they are entering the orders today...

Anyway, glad this is now confirmed. Cool! :encouragement:

BillE
03-07-2012, 01:41 PM
It's happening.... I got the call from my dealer this morning.

Hi SteveL......and other posters,

So we all know that dealers have confirmed the order "window" being open, can you tell us which dealer....or at least where you're located. Thanks.

Cheers.

trevc
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I ordered one of the demo cars back in early January and got my VIN # early February. Got an email from the Studio today - "Your race car went gateline yesterday. Has a build date of March 12th. That is an estimate, but is usually pretty close."
Still hoping to take delivery this month!

Bruce Winter
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM
for what it is worth, my dealer called placed my order today.

Bruce

BillE
03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow....it's really happening!

After another somewhat ambiguous conversation with my local dealer (with whom I have a non-binding "pre" order), I called Tim R. at Sunset Fiat in Sarasota. Because the Abarth order window had opened, Tim had come in on his day off to place orders.

After an incredibly cogent and definitive conversation with Tim, I ordered my Abarth exactly the way I want it....and have the VON number. :)

Thomas
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I am in Canada, and they took my order over the phone today. I have no idea when that phone order will translate into an actual order onto the system etc...

geeded
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Howdy,

I contacted my Studio manager and received the following:

Allocation just came up and your order is in the system. Your VON (vehicle order number) is 26633429.

He went on to say VIN will be assigned soon. This was Stateline Fiat in SC.

Huzzah!

500MADNESS.com
03-07-2012, 04:44 PM
We ordered ours today and waiting for a VON number.

wachuko
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I got a call today and an email from the dealer with the VIN number (VIN number in my case, not VON), woohooo!!!!

fredfrey
03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I was called as well by my dealer in Sarasota. He's off today but has my order in the system. Tomorrow I'll call and get my VON.
I can't imagine regular cars will be very far behind the "demo" cars. When they convert an assembly line over to a new model it's cheaper to make more cars then less.

GileraWarren
03-07-2012, 05:24 PM
My dealer, Criswell Fiat in Gaithersburg MD called me this afternoon to comfirm my order for my Abarth. Grigio w/sunroof. No other options. Let the games begin.

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
The window actually opened late last night. Today is the day when orders go in.

I just called my dealership and put an order in for a Nero Abarth with no options as this will be the development vehicle for Helix Motorsport in Philadelphia. Since there is no introduction or Abarth performance forum I would like to introduce myself. I'm Mark the R&D engineer for Helix and we have BIG plans for this platform including ECM tuning, intercooler upgrades, turbo upgrades etc. once I receive the car and get the ball rolling we will become sponsors of this site:fat:

Good luck with your orders,
Mark

spindoc
03-07-2012, 07:40 PM
My order went in today also. It's 1 of 5 initially allocated to Hendrick Fiat of Cary (NC). Supposed to get the car in 6-8 weeks!

Ed in NE
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I began this thread this morning and since then I received a call from my studio who informed me that my order was placed in the system, but I still had to wait another day for a "build sheet" and corresponding VON to be issued. Has anyone else had this experience? Some folks appeared to have gotten their VON's right away....so I wonder if my delay has anything to do with individual studio allocation for the Abarth or some other reason that places certain studios ahead of others with respect to ordering?

krayzielilsmoki
03-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I began this thread this morning and since then I received a call from my studio who informed me that my order was placed in the system, but I still had to wait another day for a "build sheet" and corresponding VON to be issued. Has anyone else had this experience? Some folks appeared to have gotten their VON's right away....so I wonder if my delay has anything to do with individual studio allocation for the Abarth or some other reason that places certain studios ahead of others with respect to ordering?

Im in the same situation. My order was put in the system and all my information was gathered but the official confirmation will be tomorrow.

ftower
03-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Just called my studio to see why they didn't call today. My sales person was off today but no worries - I spoke to the manager and I'm in! VON in hand and VIN to follow in the next few days.

GileraWarren
03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I just called my dealership and put an order in for a Nero Abarth with no options as this will be the development vehicle for Helix Motorsport in Philadelphia. Since there is no introduction or Abarth performance forum I would like to introduce myself. I'm Mark the R&D engineer for Helix and we have BIG plans for this platform including ECM tuning, intercooler upgrades, turbo upgrades etc. once I receive the car and get the ball rolling we will become sponsors of this site:fat:

Mark

Welcome aboard. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Any suspension stuff like rear sways bars?

FireDave
03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
I received a call from my studio (Southern Fiat of Norfolk) yesterday and said the could order two Abarths at this time. Ludy my studio manager has already ordered her demo. I made my order (Grigio) over the phone at the same time she typed it in the computer. She printed out the build sheet and said I will receive an email shortly.

Dave

fredfrey
03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Just spoke to my salesman, Tim, sarasota. Got my VON number, no extra charges MSRP and $700 destination. I'm #5 on the list.

rickpike
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I put my money down on an ABARTH last week, in Minneapolis, MN and Fiat of Brookdale. My dealer said he would have no problem getting me the car because the dealership was able to order 10 of them. Last night he called me back and told me that they were only able to order 2 this month at the dealer, and they were only allocating 500 total. He told me it would be no problem and my order would go through next month ( I am number 5 on the list of pre-orders). He hasn't told me anything about a VON or a VIN. Is anyone else in my situation and should i be concerned?

fredfrey
03-08-2012, 01:31 PM
It appears that the Abarths are being allocated by dealer volume sold of standard 500s. The more sales the dealer has made over the last year, the more the dealer is able to order per 45 day period. The number seems pretty small right now. I spoke to one dealer who said he will only be able to get 4 cars per period. I'm not sure how this works with the pre-orders but we may be seeing only a percentage of pre-orders at first. -Of course this is speculation -

grapefish
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I put my money down on an ABARTH last week, in Minneapolis, MN and Fiat of Brookdale. My dealer said he would have no problem getting me the car because the dealership was able to order 10 of them. Last night he called me back and told me that they were only able to order 2 this month at the dealerand they were only allocating 500 total. He told me it would be no problem and my order would go through next month ( I am number 5 on the list of pre-orders).

I'm #2 on the Brookdale list and have a call in to the dealer right now. I'll update when I know more...

krayzielilsmoki
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Just got off the phone with my dealership again. My order went through however he did not have any order numbers to give me. I was also told that the production for 2012 Abarth will be limited to 1400 cars total, which would make this vehicle pretty rare.

rickpike
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
I have a call into the dealer also, waiting to hear back. What they told me yesterday, not sure if it's correct or not but they are only selling 500 units this month, and the number each dealer gets is based off their past sales. I'll keep you guys posted as i hear more also.

GileraWarren
03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
My dealer Criswell in MD gave me my VON and said they can order 6 abarths now but they have deposits on 18

DCAbarth
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
You prompted me to call Criswell and I now have my VON in hand! Not sure why I didn't ask for it Wednesday, guess I was too excited for my own good!

fiat for life
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM

Mark

Cant wait!