PDA

View Full Version : Hood Scorpion Vinyl

krayzielilsmoki
03-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey Guys!
I have been on here since last year learning everything possible about the abarth while I eagerly await mine to be delivered, and finally decided to join

I'm not sure if this forum allows posting anything for sale but this is more of a hobby for me that I do for friends and I would like you guys (my Abarth friends) to benefit as well.

I have a vinyl cutting machine so I can make pretty much anything by request cheaper than anybody else (since I don't do it for a living) and since I cant wait to put a scorpion on my hood I figured somebody else might want one as well.

What Im talking about can be seen in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXum6Y10KQ

skip to 3:11 and you will see a scorpion on the hood

I am making a matte black one for my car since I'm getting the black abarth and if anyone else would like one just let me know and I can make it for $5.
Currently I have white, black, red, blue, yellow, and maybe a few more colors if I look in the closet.

I cant wait to get this car because its different than most other cars on the road and with little accessories like this I can also distinguish myself from other abarth owners.

FiatGusto
03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Any copyright concerns?

Mike S
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't think that is much of a problem. It is a zodiac sign and if the word ABARTH is not used it's like a prancing horse without Ferrari.

The price is very reasonable and I think you should charge for the shipping and not the product.

unknown_eyes
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I think it looks great! But blow it up 2-3 times larger!!!

krayzielilsmoki
03-12-2012, 07:15 PM
I can do any size you guys want just bigger ones will cost a little more since it uses more vinyl, and its harder to ship.

krayzielilsmoki
03-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Made some small decals just to throw a picture on the thread.
Did it in some sexy flat black!

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMAG0031.jpg
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMAG0040.jpg

nyc eng
03-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Nice... Would you be able to make the lower side decals?

krayzielilsmoki
03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Nice... Would you be able to make the lower side decals?

I can do the lower side ones, but those are hard to install without air bubbles unless you are a professional, or have a professional do it.

nyc eng
03-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Even with one of those plastic squeegees and soap?

krayzielilsmoki
03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
you can youtube wet application vinyl videos to get an idea of how its done and try to follow that. With the right soap/water mixture you should be able to get the air bubbles out and have some time to position it just right before it starts to stick.

krayzielilsmoki
03-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Here are the colors I have available at the moment. For different colors I would need at least a couple orders before I order a full roll.
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120314_234159.jpg
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120314_234641.jpg

I also have a little bit of carbon fiber vinyl left over (this one costs more)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120314_234321.jpg

Here is an example of some scorpions in different colors (and one on my cell phone)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120315_000005.jpg

And this one was just for fun (took a while to make since vinyl needs to be cut seperate and layered so its way cheaper to just get a printed sticker, unless you have a vinyl cutting machine like myself :friendly_wink:)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120313_022623.jpg

wachuko
03-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Way too cool!

krayzielilsmoki
04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Updates!!!
I have had a couple of members take advantage of my vinyl offer, and given the positive feedback, I want to give you guys more examples of what you can expect if you order some too.

So far I created various sizes and colors of the scorpion ranging from 2 inches all the way to 23 inches for the side of the car. I also created a "Powered by (Scorpion)" decal that goes inside the car underneath the "500" emblem on the dash.

Here are some examples of what to expect and some prices.
Keep in mind that I can do custom decals of just about anything and I don't charge extra for custom work.

This is the "powered by (Abarth)" decal. $4 shipped. If you can find it cheaper -- let me know :chuncky:
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120405_230746-1.jpg

This is the "powered by" decal next to a 9" scorpion (normally used for the hood ($5 shipped)),
And behind is a 23" scorpion (normally used for the side of the car ($10 plus shipping)).
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120405_230754.jpg

PM me if you have any requests! :joyous:

EDIT: I meant $10 PLUS shipping for the 23" -- as I don't think I'll be making any profit if I pay for shipping :)

Mike S
04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Those look excellent and the prices are incredible too. Very nice job.

cspak71
04-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Updates!!!
I have had a couple of members take advantage of my vinyl offer, and given the positive feedback, I want to give you guys more examples of what you can expect if you order some too.

So far I created various sizes and colors of the scorpion ranging from 2 inches all the way to 23 inches for the side of the car. I also created a "Powered by (Scorpion)" decal that goes inside the car underneath the "500" emblem on the dash.

Here are some examples of what to expect and some prices.
Keep in mind that I can do custom decals of just about anything and I don't charge extra for custom work.

This is the "powered by (Abarth)" decal. $4 shipped. If you can find it cheaper -- let me know :chuncky:
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120405_230746-1.jpg

This is the "powered by" decal next to a 9" scorpion (normally used for the hood ($5 shipped)),
And behind is a 23" scorpion (normally used for the side of the car ($10 shipped)).
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/thiswomps352/IMG_20120405_230754.jpg

PM me if you have any requests! :joyous:

How do the stickers hold up to weather and washing if they're on the exterior of a vehicle? Do they easily scratch? I like the flat black, do they happen to make a flat red?

wachuko
04-08-2012, 11:33 AM
How do the stickers hold up to weather and washing if they're on the exterior of a vehicle? Do they easily scratch? I like the flat black, do they happen to make a flat red?

I will let you know... ;)

krayzielilsmoki
04-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I use Oracal 651 which is an intermediate vinyl for exterior use.
It is rated at around 6 years outdoor use.

I have read many reviews and such, and this vinyl seemed the best, so it's what I use.
Not to mention that most vinyl shops use this as their primary vinyl.

They have a more durable version that is rated at 8-9 years outdoor use, but it is literally twice the price, so I don't use it :nevreness:

They do have matte red from what I see, but it is a special order item. If I buy it in small quantities, it will be more expensive (and by small quantity, I mean less than the $600 roll :apologetic: -- as it is meant for wrapping a car, and they come in huge rolls.).
But I can order it, so if anyone is interested, message me with what you would like, and I can try to figure out how much it would cost (shouldn't be too bad) :chuncky:

Thanks!

cspak71
04-09-2012, 02:15 AM
I use Oracal 651 which is an intermediate vinyl for exterior use.
It is rated at around 6 years outdoor use.

I have read many reviews and such, and this vinyl seemed the best, so it's what I use.
Not to mention that most vinyl shops use this as their primary vinyl.

They have a more durable version that is rated at 8-9 years outdoor use, but it is literally twice the price, so I don't use it :nevreness:

They do have matte red from what I see, but it is a special order item. If I buy it in small quantities, it will be more expensive (and by small quantity, I mean less than the $600 roll :apologetic: -- as it is meant for wrapping a car, and they come in huge rolls.).
But I can order it, so if anyone is interested, message me with what you would like, and I can try to figure out how much it would cost (shouldn't be too bad) :chuncky:

Thanks!

Got a question for you. If I was thinking about doing a checkerboard effect using matte black squares... what would be your recommendation on such an approach? It seems like it would be a difficult application if they were individual squares one would have to apply.

Here's a link to a white Abarth with red checkered top.
http://jalopnik.com/5155109/fiat-500-abarth-ss-gives-mini-cooper-s-italian-job

Thanks.

04-09-2012, 12:08 PM
How much for the hood Scorpion shipped to Ontario? (If you'd do Canadian orders that is!)...

Are the stripes on the car flat or gloss black as Id like the same finish?!

Thanks

Mike S
04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I posted this in another thread.

You may want to go to a shop that does vehicle wraps because wrap vinyl will stretch to fit contours. Any pattern you want can be printed on it.

A local shop (Geekwraps) has some good videos for professionals that can be found here http://www.geekwraps.com/flash.version/index-4.html . They have invented and sell some tools for pro's too. I get tired just watching the videos.

luke_vibert_uk
04-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Some "ABARTH" text sized suitable for the mirror caps might also be an option...Seen this done before and looked quite good. Maybe the Scorpion too.

However I'm not wishing to spoil any fun but worth bearing in mind...

All names, marks, logos and images identifying Abarth vehicles are the proprietary marks of the Fiat Group . All other trade marks, brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trade marks, brand names, product names or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights. - ABARTH Website.

All intended for personal use of course ;)

wachuko
04-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Some "ABARTH" text sized suitable for the mirror caps might also be an option...Seen this done before and looked quite good. Maybe the Scorpion too.

However I'm not wishing to spoil any fun but worth bearing in mind...

- ABARTH Website.

All intended for personal use of course ;)

But of course... he is not selling them... we are just covering the costs of the material :onthego:

wachuko
04-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Got my decals today!!!! All I need now is the car!

Thank you Boris!

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
04-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Boris took care of my Decal needs as well . Top Notch!

Dwaynek
04-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks Boris received decals today, excellent. Just curious how to fit the powered by decal as the scorpion would be right at the air vent.

krayzielilsmoki
04-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks Boris received decals today, excellent. Just curious how to fit the powered by decal as the scorpion would be right at the air vent.

I'm not sure if I contacted you about that (inbox gets full so I have to delete old messages) but I had to make the scorpion smaller and I contacted the people who bought it and offered to send a new one for free. Sorry if I missed you just send me a pm and I'll get one out to you.

nyc eng
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey Boris, Would you be able to make a set of the side decals? Is there anyway I can email you, your mailbox is full.

krayzielilsmoki
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey Boris, Would you be able to make a set of the side decals? Is there anyway I can email you, your mailbox is full.

Sorry about that I just cleaned out my inbox please message me again

Corrnaus
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks Boris.. Received my decals today.. fast shipping and in perfect condition.. show off some pictures when the car comes and I put them on

IDV8GTB
05-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I'd be interested in a larger black scorpion graphic for the roof, like on the Abarth Venom show car. I've got a grigio (gray) Abarth with black side stripes. I'd want a glossy black large roof graphic to match. Can you do it? How much with shipping included?

krayzielilsmoki
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Alright everyone,
I've been away from the vinyl cutter since I was very busy taking care of personal matters.
I owe a few people the re-sized "powered by" decal, so...

PLEASE MESSAGE ME SO I CAN SEND THEM OUT ASAP!!!

I accidently deleted the wrong row of messages in my inbox, so I don't have any ones information :nightmare:

On a side note, I just cut out a large 40" wide scorpion that I am planning on putting on my roof (it's larger than the venom one...) :adoration:
So yes IDV8GTB, I could do that -- I'll PM you about it.

porsche racer
07-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Your pm box is full. How else can I contact you?

lc3necro
07-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Indeed, I as well am interested in either the 9" hood or roof, bothe in matte black, I haven't really decided. Can you let us know the roof pricing and best way to get in touch? Thanks in advance!

07-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Indeed, I as well am interested in either the 9" hood or roof, bothe in matte black, I haven't really decided. Can you let us know the roof pricing and best way to get in touch? Thanks in advance!

I can vouch for Boris' work as I have his hood decal on my Grigio and powered by decal inside on the dash. Both are excellent quality and bargain priced!

Dwaynek
07-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Hey fidgell how about a photo of your hood scorpion

lc3necro
07-07-2012, 11:12 PM
How was the application on the hood? I spent a good 20min staring at my hood imagining a scorpion there, and I am totally digging the idea, but 100% nervous about application as I have never attempted anything like this before. I am totally up for pics and tips! Also, Grigio was my 2nd choice, did you get the side logo? If so what color?

HF Stinger
07-08-2012, 02:38 AM
How was the application on the hood? I spent a good 20min staring at my hood imagining a scorpion there, and I am totally digging the idea, but 100% nervous about application as I have never attempted anything like this before. I am totally up for pics and tips! Also, Grigio was my 2nd choice, did you get the side logo? If so what color?

I cut my own vinyl so I made some 16" scorpions and some 6" ones. I placed the large ones on the hood in two different ways and I couldn't fall in love with it.

I wouldn't mind seeing what others are doing as well.

07-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Hey fidgell how about a photo of your hood scorpion

Will do, away till Tuesday but ill do it asap. I got Grigio with black stripe, black hood decal. I took a week lookin at it till i took the plunge, dead easy to apply too! Kept layin it on till found right place, didnt like the Euro close to centre loc so went closer to drivers side edge and it looks the business - photo this week and ill do the dash photo too.

geeded
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I went outside and snapped a couple of quick pictures of the Scorpion I received from Boris. I copied the pictures of the Euro Abarth's location I found on the net. I ordered it before any of us had received our Abarth so the red is too bright (but still looks great). I hope to replace it with a red matching the car as soon as Boris can track down the correct shade.

I watched some Youtube videos on how to do it and then sucked it up and did it. The only thing I would different is to mount it "wet" to make it easier to remove the bubbles and finalize the placement. Mine came out the way I wanted it, but I must have played with the position a dozen times before actually applying it <grin>.

Boris is excellent although I still haven't received my resized "powered by" emblem. My request was lost in the first mess and I resent it. I'm sure it'll be here any day.

Cheers

lc3necro
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the pics, I think that's right about where I would want mine. Still can't decide how I feel about the roof idea, but black on red just makes me giddy hah

07-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Herečs quick pictures from mine today....as I said Ive deviated from the Euro positioning as I prefered the look closer to the edge of the hood. Both were made by Boris and Id certainly use him again and again for any decals Id need. They came well packaged, in great quality and were easy to apply.

porsche racer
07-15-2012, 12:37 PM
can Boris or anyone tell me the size of the logo that goes on the hood?
thanks in advance

07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Hoods a 9 incher!!! ;)

Mike S
07-16-2012, 06:39 PM
It takes just a drop or two of dish washing soap in a couple of gallons of water. Spray it on the body and position your vinyl as long as you want (half hour, pull it off and respray if needed. Work the bubbles out or stick 'em with a pin.

A friend of mine was in the biz and did this for sign work on my windows. I was shocked when he did it but it worked well. There were NEVER any problems. Worked for pinstripes too.

porsche racer
07-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Hoods a 9 incher!!! ;)

thank you

krayzielilsmoki
08-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Pictures look great, thanks everyone for the feedback!
I have been way too busy to check the threads on here due to a newly acquired full-time job, along with some other newly surfaced personal matters.
I don't like the messaging system on forums in general, so please if you need to contact me...

EMAIL ME AT: thiswomps352@gmail.com

It's connected to my phone, so it won't get lost or accidently deleted (or at least I hope not :) ).

I did get the a red that matches the red mirrors!
It's in Oracal 951 which is the strongest vinyl Oracal makes (they use it on boats :D ).
I have not decided a price on it yet, but if you want it, just email me, and I'll throw something out.

Sorry again everyone for any lack of contact that might have happened.
If you need decals, advice, or want to say hi -- email is the way to go!

I'll post up pictures as soon as I find time to take them and upload them.

capobianco
10-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I really like the look of the checkerboard roof but I have a sunroof. Can the metal roof and glass sunroof be covered with white vinyl with red checkerboard squares on it? It would kill 2 birds with one stone since I was thinking of tinting the sunroof darker since my bald head heats up too much on sunny days. I am guessing that it should be professionally installed too.

What are your thoughts?

krayzielilsmoki
10-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm currently working on a contoured checkerboard design that matches the curves of the roof. It would be possible to do the red and white but it would completely block all visibility through the sunroof glass, I guess its OK if that's what you are looking for. And yes for something like that professional installation is recommended because you would have to cut the squares around the glass to let it move.

capobianco
10-07-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm currently working on a contoured checkerboard design that matches the curves of the roof. It would be possible to do the red and white but it would completely block all visibility through the sunroof glass, I guess its OK if that's what you are looking for. And yes for something like that professional installation is recommended because you would have to cut the squares around the glass to let it move.

Please let me know when you have it ready. I'm assuming there would be a white section to go over the glass roof (since my car is white) and red squares to apply on top of it. Where would I look to find someone to install it? I'm in Northern NJ.

Pinecone
10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
krayzielilsmoki,

I emailed you about the other project I asked about. No answer.

??????

deathshead
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Boris has been sick and also having some computer hardware problems.
I'm sure he will be back as soon as he can!.

krayzielilsmoki
10-08-2012, 08:24 PM
krayzielilsmoki,

I emailed you about the other project I asked about. No answer.

??????
Sorry for the no response, Boris has been sick and the computer he used for the cutter died so an adapter for the laptop is on its way. Also if you send him an email he usually responds when he's on break at work. If you emailed him today or yesterday then he might not have got it since I just installed a new ROM on his phone and emails might not be synked. I'll tell him to get on it ASAP :-)

Pinecone
10-10-2012, 11:40 AM
OK< just checking, no I emailed a couple of weeks ago.

I will try again.

11-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Krayzie:

Are you up and running yet? Please let us know, I have a brand new Abarth in need of a matt black hood scorpion! Thanks

William M Jacocks Jr
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I have the Nero Abarth as well. Will the scorpion show up easily?

mjanowich
11-12-2012, 03:33 PM
We finally got around to putting the white scorpion (from Boris) on my wife's Abarth. Here are a few pics.

ArchiPants
11-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm interested in getting the red scorpion for my black abarth. Let us know when you are back to making them. Thanks

krayzielilsmoki
12-31-2012, 06:48 PM
We finally got around to putting the white scorpion (from Boris) on my wife's Abarth. Here are a few pics.

Wow white on black looks great!

I finally got the machine back up and running so I'm here if you guys need anything.

Tweak
01-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Wow white on black looks great!

I finally got the machine back up and running so I'm here if you guys need anything.

Glad you got things up and running again, I may finally make a decision sometime this year. ;) Thanks for what you are providing the community.

haivle
01-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi sent u a pm about roof decals like the abarth venom matte black can u email me at phovanvan168@yahoo.com thanks