PDA

View Full Version : are most abarth owners ordering the security package,is this worth the price?

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
security/automatic temp control

Dwaynek
03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Nope

Chris
03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I have it in my 500. Climate control is well worth it.

Felnus
03-04-2012, 02:34 PM
I have the automatic climate control on my Sport and its great. I've only had one situation arise that made me very happy I had the alarm system. I was recently in Gatlinburg, TN with a friend of mine and his daughters. I had him drop me off at one point and then take the 500 and park it. I forgot to tell him to remove the TomTom from the dash and put it in the glove box when he parked it. We returned to the car several hours later and when I started it, the EVIC informed me that there had been a break in attempt. I assume the alarm going off deterred the thieves from continuing their attempts to get into the 500.

BillE
03-04-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm not ordering it either. I especially don't want another car with automatic temp control. Had it on our Mini Cooper S and didn't care for the big air blast and noise that could come on. Have it now on our MX-5 Grand Touring PRHT with limited-slip differential ;) .....and the air conditioning totally has a mind of its own.

I find no benefit to it being automatic when the controls are so conveniently located within arm's reach.

Cheers

Chris
03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
The FIAT's auto controls have been subtle and rather uncanny... I like that it waits for the engine to warm before blowing full on... with previous cars I fidget up/down/floor/face... this has been set and forget.

the stig
03-04-2012, 06:21 PM
The FIAT's auto controls have been subtle and rather uncanny... I like that it waits for the engine to warm before blowing full on... with previous cars I fidget up/down/floor/face... this has been set and forget.

I also like the climate control on my 500 and have ordered it on the Abarth.
My Abarth,white,climate control/alarm,16 inch wheels,cloth seats, and red decal.:joyous:

FiatGusto
03-04-2012, 08:00 PM
We have the auto climate control on our Sport, and we love it. It has never blasted us with air as described by the Mini owner. It is subtle and quiet.
Thanks

geeded
03-04-2012, 11:55 PM
I ordered it because I had no choice. I really, really like satellite radio and I had to buy the other stuff to get it. I want the radio more than I don't want the other stuff (and I really don't like auto air) so I will listen to my sat radio and tolerate the rest. I will abide...

Cheer

BillE
03-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I ordered it because I had no choice. I really, really like satellite radio and I had to buy the other stuff to get it......(and I really don't like auto air)......I will abide...

I like the "I will abide" part.

For me, since my wife got me to start using Pandora from my Android, I haven't been using Sirius much anymore. Oh, except when I want to listen to BB King's Bluesville....complete with the Bluesville 10 Commandments.

Cheers.

wachuko
03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
We ordered everything but the 17" wheels.

nyc eng
03-05-2012, 12:54 PM
The way I see it, the $600 package includes 1 year of XM ($200 value), gets me a discount on my car insurance for having an alarm and better looking temperature controls..

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1410&d=1330965839

Thomas
03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
This is a bit off topic, but can someone tell me more about the alarm available on the car. I am assuming that the alarm in the Abarth is the same one as in the other 500 lines. I want to be able to activate or disable the alarm (and still lock the car) depending where I am. I park in an underground garage. There are some very noisy vehicles that can easily trip alarms. Is there a sensitivity setting? On a related note, I much prefer the 'mobile' Sirius or XM units that you can move between your house and car. Although a built in is nice, I want to be able to use the unit at home or elsewhere.

Fiat411
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Nope. Recommend you look into a Viper system.