PDA

View Full Version : ABARTH at the Milwaukee Auto Show

ftower
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
It was a good day - got to see the ABARTH in person! Received an email from my studio there would be an ABARTH at the Milwaukee auto show starting today, so down I went. Stopped at the studio beforehand to sign my ordering paperwork as they have official pricing now (no, no VIN yet so it's not really an official order). They gave me some 'swag' (the black on black scorpion hat, very nice) as well.

Unfortunately, at least for me as I ordered the nero edition, the auto show car was white. It did have the Hyper Black Wheels which do look really good. The cloth seats were nicer than expected as well. For those of us going with the 'really special order' Sabelt seats, it looks to be five easy-to-access bolts to get the seat out.

The show had a separate section displaying SCCA cards and had an ABARTH there as well, though it must have originally come from overseas. Either that or the ABARTH badge was put on a regular 500.

Here are a few of the photos taken. Enjoy!

DCAbarth
02-26-2012, 12:58 PM
I noticed there are fuel mileage estimates on the sticker...

Terry
02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Looks like the sticker also shows a 5 star safety rating...(Or is that just an explanation of how the rating system works??)
Terry---Also, see 500 Madness is one of the sponsors of the track car...

Piccirillo
02-26-2012, 05:00 PM

Looks like is 28/34 with premium because of the turbo! not bad but, it can be better IMO

GramCracker
02-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks like is 28/34 with premium because of the turbo! not bad but, it can be better IMO

Can be better? That's pretty damn good if you ask me!

Also, it looks like the "Hyper Black" wheel option is going to be more of a titanuim-ish color. That's an excellent thing :smug:

geeded
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Can be better? That's pretty damn good if you ask me!

Also, it looks like the "Hyper Black" wheel option is going to be more of a titanuim-ish color. That's an excellent thing :smug:

Excellent indeed, couldn't be better I think.

Cheers

wachuko
02-27-2012, 12:14 PM

That alone made this thread worth many many thanks!!

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/18_copy9.jpg

VTEC Mini
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
When or when is Fiat USA going to have a configurator on their web page! Aaaarrrrrggg!

GramCracker
02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
When or when is Fiat USA going to have a configurator on their web page! Aaaarrrrrggg!

Here, eat your heart out. (http://www.carquotes.com/fiat/500/2012/2dr_hb_abarth/pricing)

VTEC Mini
02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Here, eat your heart out. (http://www.carquotes.com/fiat/500/2012/2dr_hb_abarth/pricing)THANKS! I can't wait for the "official" one.

GramCracker
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
THANKS! I can't wait for the "official" one.

You're very welcome. That is pretty much the "official" one, just not exactly on Fiat's site.

BillE
02-28-2012, 10:47 AM
You're very welcome. That is pretty much the "official" one, just not exactly on Fiat's site.

I think the real point is that when the configurator finally shows up on Fiat's site, hopefully we will be able to convert our "preliminary" orders to "real" orders.
Cheers.