PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas when orders begin?

captaindorko
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know when the studios will be able to start ordering the non "demo" Abarths?
I have a deposit down and the wait is killing me.

geeded
02-22-2012, 03:39 PM
My understanding is that it will begin this month. Actually the first part of this month. According to my studio's manager that's what the email said that the dealers received back when they were told about their "demo" car. I have heard nothing since.

I agree with you. It's driving me nuts.

Cheers

GramCracker
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Not having a demo car to test out yet!

grapefish
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
My dealer tells me he won't have a demo until after I'm able to order. :-|

GramCracker
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
After reading on another forum I have figured this much out...

-Dealers get their demo cars sometime at the middle/end of March and beginning of April.
-Dealers cannot place orders for customers cars until later in March, the only VIN's that have been approved to be released/built are those of the first dealer cars (aka the Demo cars).
-Customers should start seeing delivery of their Abarths around June/July.

This is going to make the wait waaaaaay more agonizing haha :beguiled:

CoreSeries
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
After reading on another forum I have figured this much out...

-Dealers get their demo cars sometime at the middle/end of March and beginning of April.
-Dealers cannot place orders for customers cars until later in March, the only VIN's that have been approved to be released/built are those of the first dealer cars (aka the Demo cars).
-Customers should start seeing delivery of their Abarths around June/July.

This is going to make the wait waaaaaay more agonizing haha :beguiled:

I talked with my dealer here in Arizona yesterday and he basically agreed with this. I can't place and order till they have vin numbers to go with the orders. All demo cars are already sold from what I was told. I am first in line for the new Abarth at this dealership. I was told I could order by the end of next month for sure and that delivery would most likely be In June. Crossing fingers with excitement.

Andy87t2
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I placed my order and deposit at my dealer in Ma last week. I was told that i should expect the car by Mid to late april.... If not, I will be driving my heavily modded rx7 for most of the spring since i am in the process of selling my current daily driver..... woops...

geeded
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
So.... if they actually do wait until June to start regular delivery, are they still planning on calling this a 2012 model? If so, it will be the shortest model year I can remember plus lowering the residual values prematurely.......

Hmmmm.....

Cheers

fiat for life
02-25-2012, 01:49 PM
dealer demos should hit ground end of march early april. Customer orders should begin early march. Those are getting build priority and should hit ground may-ish. Dealer allocations wont be seen until june or so. Due to the high demand FIAT is going to have their hands full just getting out all the customer order cars.

SeaDawg
02-25-2012, 02:50 PM
dealer demos should hit ground end of march early april. Customer orders should begin early march. Those are getting build priority and should hit ground may-ish. Dealer allocations wont be seen until june or so. Due to the high demand FIAT is going to have their hands full just getting out all the customer order cars.

For the sake of FIAT I hope they have the quality control issues sorted out better than they did with the Prima's.

MrFiat
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I was informed by both of our upstate NY studios nearly two weeks ago, saying that they could start taking orders for the Abarth.

fiat for life
02-25-2012, 05:43 PM
For the sake of FIAT I hope they have the quality control issues sorted out better than they did with the Prima's.
Actually they consolidated the march and april allocations to ensure that the roll out is smoother.

I was informed by both of our upstate NY studios nearly two weeks ago, saying that they could start taking orders for the Abarth.
Dealers have been accepting preorders for some time now. They wont be entered for another week or so

DCAbarth
03-02-2012, 04:37 PM
My dealer called this morning to say that Abarth orders are being sent in next week, on March 7th.