PDA

View Full Version : Any February 2012 Abarth news updates?

Jim McKenzie
02-19-2012, 04:01 PM
It's been a while since the flurry of Abarth 500 news when announced. Since the successful Super Bowl ad, the Abarth buzz seems to be increasing too.

I went to the Boston based NE Auto Show a few weeks ago and they indicated there that some models might show up on showrooms in March. At the time that seemed very optimistic (though a Loooonnnnggg time to me personally since I am ready to buy and sat in a Pearl-colored Abarth (my expected ordering color) at the show. I wanted to drive home THAT one! :)

Chris any new news on the Abarth? Have we heard any word that an Abarth Cabrio will be available at launch alongside the coupe?

If indeed a March time frame is accurate, it would seem the car mags and other sites would be road-testing them already in February to boost demand and sales.

Anyone know if there is a delay?

PS my birthday is in TWO days...and I know what I want :)

spindoc
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Answers are in other threads here. First cars to dealers possibly in March (marketing units, some dealers apparently have pre-sold them), first customer cars may be available by April. An Abarth cabrio will definitely not be launched alongside the coupe.

Fiat500USA
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
It's been a while since the flurry of Abarth 500 news when announced. Since the successful Super Bowl ad, the Abarth buzz seems to be increasing too.

I went to the Boston based NE Auto Show a few weeks ago and they indicated there that some models might show up on showrooms in March. At the time that seemed very optimistic (though a Loooonnnnggg time to me personally since I am ready to buy and sat in a Pearl-colored Abarth (my expected ordering color) at the show. I wanted to drive home THAT one! :)

Chris any new news on the Abarth? Have we heard any word that an Abarth Cabrio will be available at launch alongside the coupe?

If indeed a March time frame is accurate, it would seem the car mags and other sites would be road-testing them already in February to boost demand and sales.

Keep your eyes open. Lots of news coming - especially in the beginning of the month;)

geeded
02-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Keep your eyes open. Lots of news coming - especially in the beginning of the month;)

Assume you mean March? In February, I had expected orders to be accepted for production a week or two ago. Any news?

Cheers

GileraWarren
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Assume you mean March? In February, I had expected orders to be accepted for production a week or two ago. Any news?

Cheers
Ditto...what he said

I love pizza
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM

So do we have anything official yet on the Bianco Perla availablility on the Abarth yet? I might hold off a year thinking that and other colors will be available next year (including flat colors).

blefevre
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Well I am out for this initial run, even after having the first deposit down at our studio. I guess that is news for me, lol. I found a Golf R for sale so I couldn't pass it up. I will wait for a special edition Abarth, or just get one next year.

wachuko
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Well I am out for this initial run, even after having the first deposit down at our studio. I guess that is news for me, lol. I found a Golf R for sale so I couldn't pass it up. I will wait for a special edition Abarth, or just get one next year.

Ohhh.... I used to have a 2004 R32, what a sweet car. One of those that I wish I had never sold... Enjoy it in good health!

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/r32onlift4.jpg

BillE
02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Well I am out for this initial run, even after having the first deposit down at our studio. I guess that is news for me, lol.

Hi blefevre,
Can you elaborate a bit: do you mean you opted not to take the studio's first single black "demo"? Is that what you mean by 'initial run'....or is there more to it?
Cheers.

blefevre
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi blefevre,
Can you elaborate a bit: do you mean you opted not to take the studio's first single black "demo"? Is that what you mean by 'initial run'....or is there more to it?
Cheers.

My studio said the first orders will be for 6-7 cars that are supposed to be delivered in March/April. They are unsure what that means after that, if it's low volume or what. My dealer is using their demo car for a demo car, and is not for sale. I was first in line for ordering, but I am going to pass because I just got the new Golf R.

BillE
02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
blefevre,
Thanks for clarifying what I had misinterpreted.
Cheers.

MarkG
02-23-2012, 10:51 AM
I was told that 3000 production Abarths were to be make in a single run in March, with a limited window to order. Studio demos to be made this month.