PDA

View Full Version : Costing more in Canada

Dwaynek
02-15-2012, 12:11 AM
So was informed in addition to the price in western Canada of $23995 and destination charge of $1400 there is also a $2000 premium, so why do we allways pay more north of the border!!!!!

F500
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
So was informed in addition to the price in western Canada of $23995 and destination charge of $1400 there is also a $2000 premium, so why do we allways pay more north of the border!!!!!

first, we were in Victoria a couple years ago on our way home from Alaska. you have a BEAUTIFUL city!!!! :D

as for your question, sorry I can't answer that for sure. I DO understand why the addtional 'destination charge' as that here in the U.S. is $500-600 anywhere in the U.S., whether it be across the border in Texas or to the upper East Coast. crossing the Canadian border, there are probably additional fees/taxes/surcharges, etc......so to Victoria, I can see $1400.

however, I can't understand the $2000 additional "premium". you'll have to ask your FIAT Studio to clarify that! my guess its just addtional profit in their pocket. if you have another Studio in the area, I would contact them and get a price quote.

as for costing more in Canada......remember, I think you guys DO get 'free health care'! LOL :p

FiatPhil
02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Buy it in the U.S.

Thomas
02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Try another dealer if you can. These things can happen with brand new limited production launches. If the demand is there, then the dealer tries to charge a premium. In your case, you probably don't have a lot of alternate dealers, and they know that. I live in Canada too, and I have a deposit for one. I have not yet been given a confirmed price, but will go elsewhere if they try that on me.

Dwaynek
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
It is the dealership unfortunately ones over the pond in Vancouver are adding 3 grand!

Thomas
02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
The dealer thinks there will be a some folks who want this limited production Abarth so badly, that they will be willing to pay a premium to get their hands on one first.

eatworksleepdie
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Buy it in the U.S.

I know friends who have tried to bring older VW's over from Canada, models that were only available in Canada, and it's a real PITA to try to get them street legal here. So I've heard. So I could only imagine that it would be a similar situation to get one over here, and to try to make it street legal in Canada.

At least the currencies are adding up to the same conversion rate so you're not getting triple screwed!