PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum pedal kit by Black

unknown_eyes
02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
I got my aluminum pedal kit in and installed on my automatic lounge. It has black rubber grips in the drilled holes that you can leave in or easily remove if you chose. Not to bad of an install. Didn't take pics of the process since I thought is was pretty straight forward and the included directions here pretty good. You only need to pull off the rubber pad from the brake pedal and drill a few holes.

Just a few notes:

(1) On the dead pedal it included 2 holes for mounting, but I popped out 2 more of the rubber grips and installed a total of 4 mounting screws. It just seemed more secure to me that way and still looks good.
(2) On the brake pedal I had to move 2 of the rubber grips from above and below the Black emblem and relocate them to the left and right side of the Black emblem because the mounting holes were wider than the pedal. No big deal since the grips are easy to pop out and reinstall.
(3) The gas pedal is plastic and the underside has a couple of channels molded into it. You have to make sure that the location of your mountings holes will be inside one of the channels before you drill the mounting holes. Again no big deal.

The gas pedal cover is mounted at an angle whereas the brake pedal is horizontal and can be noted in the pic. I had to do it this way because the gas pedal was molded and mounted at an angle. Thought it looked kinda odd at first because in my minds eye I was envisioning both the gas and brake pedal both horizontally mounted like they were arrange in the box. But it still looks good and I am very pleased with the product.

F500
02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
very nice....thanks for the info and the pics. I've been debating on whether or not to spend the $$'s to get them, but I think I'll wait and see if FIAT comes up with some. in a recent online 'test' I was required to take, there were several pics of FIAT accessories, and there was a Pedal Kit for an automatic shown. guess we'll see if it becomes available or not.......

Dem0s
05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Hello, i am going to install the pads too on my 500. I just wanted to ask 2 questions just for clarification. Did you screw the new pads directly on the old ones? How did you install the leg rest pad, did you screw it directly on the floor? Thank you.

unknown_eyes
05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello, i am going to install the pads too on my 500. I just wanted to ask 2 questions just for clarification. Did you screw the new pads directly on the old ones? How did you install the leg rest pad, did you screw it directly on the floor? Thank you.

I installed these on an auto, so if you have a manual the clutch pedal may be a little different.

On the gas pedal the new pad is installed directly over the existing gas pedal. The entire oem pedal is molded plastic. I strongly suggest you feel around the backside of the oem pedal to find the pockets that are molded into it before you drill any mounting holes. Just to make sure the holes you drill come thru into these molded pockets.

On the brake pedal, you have to remove the rubber pad and the new pad is install onto the oem metal pedal assembly. You do have to use a punch to start the holes before drilling to make it easier for the drill bit to bite into the metal.

As for the dead pedal. The foot well area of the dead pedal actually has a plastic riser under the carpet. Just predrill the holes and the new pad installs easy.

I'm not the best with tools, but the instructions were easy to follow and the install was very easy. I think you will enjoy the new pads, I know I sure do. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask here or PM me.

Dem0s
05-24-2012, 03:35 AM
My 500 is automatic too. For the dead pedal everything is clear.

Regarding the gas pedal: Do i have to remove the plastic pedal, or do i drill the holes on site?

Regarding the break pedal: As far as i understood i dont need the old rubber pedal anymore, is that right?

And what is OEM? :P

FiaTED
05-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I have started to install the "Ulimate Pedals" i bought from www.hotfiat.com on my 5 speed. Will post pictures when complete. Not an easy job due to small area behind and inside pedals as a washer and nut are needed. The ulimate Set allowed me to avoid the angle layour of the gas pedal and set it up horizontal as are the stock brake and clutch.

unknown_eyes
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
My 500 is automatic too. For the dead pedal everything is clear.

Regarding the gas pedal: Do i have to remove the plastic pedal, or do i drill the holes on site?

Regarding the break pedal: As far as i understood i dont need the old rubber pedal anymore, is that right?

And what is OEM? :P

Gas pedal = nothing to remove, just drill and mount onto the existing plastic pedal. Again, be SURE that your holes will line up into the pockets on the back of the gas pedal or the bolts and nuts will not fit!

Brake pedal = correct, you will not need the old rubber pedal pad, keep it in case of future need or throw it out. There is plenty of room on the back of the brake pedal to install the bolts and nuts.

OEM = original equipment manufacturer :sour:

Just as a note to clarify, the new gas and brake pedals will install using nuts and bolts thru the holes you will be drilling, 2 holes each pedal. The dead pedal is attached using screws.

Dem0s
05-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Gas pedal = nothing to remove, just drill and mount onto the existing plastic pedal. Again, be SURE that your holes will line up into the pockets on the back of the gas pedal or the bolts and nuts will not fit!

Brake pedal = correct, you will not need the old rubber pedal pad, keep it in case of future need or throw it out. There is plenty of room on the back of the brake pedal to install the bolts and nuts.

OEM = original equipment manufacturer :sour:

Just as a note to clarify, the new gas and brake pedals will install using nuts and bolts thru the holes you will be drilling, 2 holes each pedal. The dead pedal is attached using screws.

Ok, thanks every thing is clear now. Just one last question. I ordered e Sparco footrest and from what i have seen in the photos it will come with bolts and nuts. Now i'm not willing to dissamble the floor carpet, etc, just to install it, so i'm going through with the screws. It seems to me more easier and cleaner. Now do you remember the length of the screws so maybe i can find them by myself? Its important so i wont damage anything if its too long or wont do anything if its too short.

unknown_eyes
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Ok, thanks every thing is clear now. Just one last question. I ordered e Sparco footrest and from what i have seen in the photos it will come with bolts and nuts. Now i'm not willing to dissamble the floor carpet, etc, just to install it, so i'm going through with the screws. It seems to me more easier and cleaner. Now do you remember the length of the screws so maybe i can find them by myself? Its important so i wont damage anything if its too long or wont do anything if its too short.

To be honest, I dont remember the exact lenght of the screws. I dont think that its a big deal to pull back the carpet to access the plastic riser from the dead pedal area. One on the other members removed the plastic riser to allow a little foot/leg room.

Dem0s
05-26-2012, 04:04 AM
To be honest, I dont remember the exact lenght of the screws. I dont think that its a big deal to pull back the carpet to access the plastic riser from the dead pedal area. One on the other members removed the plastic riser to allow a little foot/leg room.

Ok, thanks for all, your help is much appreciated, i'll try to find that post now.