PDA

View Full Version : Pop ups and dating ads

FiatGusto
02-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Please tell me this is not happening. All sorts of dating ads and pop ups started today. Anybody else getting these or has my ipad sold it`s soul.

buzzny
02-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Not here. Probably not related to this website.
P.S. - I use ESET as an anti-virus/anti-spyware tool. Good luck FG.

SeaDawg
02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Please tell me this is not happening. All sorts of dating ads and pop ups started today. Anybody else getting these or has my ipad sold it`s soul.

I see rather discrete auto related advertising has made its debut, but no popups or dating ads here.

Ummm, let me update this post...there is now advertising; some auto related some not, however they don't popup, and I haven't seen any dating ads.:D They display alongside an existing message and they do NOT slow down the experience. Unlike fiat500owners.com!

FiatGusto
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you, and let me correct my terminology.
Pop up is the wrong word. Showing alongside is better.
Anyway, kinda odd that they are getting by.
(Mine have been auto, Christian dating, etc.)

Chris
02-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Like these via AdChoice?

http://i.imm.io/gqC8.jpeg

Content is usually determined by your cookies/other sites visited. I usually browse with Firefox with adblock so I never see them. Grabbed this pic via Chrome.

Fiat500USA
02-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I've experimented with some ads. They are from Google, so they shouldn't be (too) objectionable and are target based, meaning they display ads that are somewhat related to what you generally look at online (from cookies, etc). Load speed is a priority, so I pay to be on a fast server. I'll be tweaking them as we go on. Not 100% on using them, but do need to monetize the site somewhat for maintenance and upgrades.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

buzzny
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Also, I use Firefox with Ghostery. With this it can block web ads.
http://www.ghostery.com/

Fiat500USA
02-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Thank you, and let me correct my terminology.
Pop up is the wrong word. Showing alongside is better.
Anyway, kinda odd that they are getting by.
(Mine have been auto, Christian dating, etc.)

There is a learning curve from Google so you may see some strange ads at first. But as the they figure out this is a car site, we should see less of the off topic ones.

Chris
02-14-2012, 09:17 AM
There is a learning curve from Google so you may see some strange ads at first. But as the they figure out this is a car site, we should see less of the off topic ones.

Note that they DO pick up on the strangest content, however. For example, if a thread was discussing "bras" for the front of cars, the ads might get, uh... invigorating ;)

Fiat500USA
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I look at a lot of Fiat content online so I ussually get Fiat ads. LOL

FiatPhil
02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
I keep seeing Hyundai Veloster ads!

MrFiat
04-13-2012, 12:01 PM

That's just a reminder about the good choice you made when you bought your Fiat! :tickled_pink:

luckymoi
04-13-2012, 01:55 PM

I parked next to one a few days ago... boy, did I make the right choice or what!
The interior is singularly ugly; the cinquecento is a thing of beauty.
As Janaheim would say: Forza Fiat

Leotxn
04-13-2012, 03:57 PM

Ahh I wondered why I started getting a ton of dating adds in my spam folder lol. I was like, is google trying to tell me something???..... like, get married stupid! lol.

FiatGusto
04-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Now wait!!! Give that great thought!