PDA

View Full Version : Abarth Warranty

captaindorko
02-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Does anyone have any info on the Abarth's warranty? What if any performance mods will be allowable? and will maintenance have to be performed at my studio?

Felnus
02-07-2012, 07:44 AM
I would expect the Abarth to have the same warranty as other FIATs. Under the provisions of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, a warranty claim can be denied for a performance modification only if the dealer(or studio is this case) can prove the modification caused the failure of a part of the vehicle under warranty. For example, you chip the Abarth to raise the boost and you blow the engine or transmission. Odds are that the studio will tell you to stuff it if you make a claim on the warranty in that case. If you install aftermarket brakes and blow the engine, the engine should be covered. Legally, I don't believe they can require maintenance to be performed at the dealer however I would make sure that you have proof(receipts, bill of sale, etc.) of anything not done at the dealer and that you are following the FIAT recommended maintenance schedule.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer so do your own research on this and how any applicable laws in your state(or country, in Canada Magnuson-Moss does not apply obviously) may change this. I would also recommend talking to your studio and getting a feel for how they handle modified vehicles.

blefevre
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
4 year / 50,000 miles powertrain/basic. That is according to the half complete window sticker shown at the New England auto show.

F500
02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Does anyone have any info on the Abarth's warranty? What if any performance mods will be allowable? and will maintenance have to be performed at my studio?

in regards to warranty and maintenance, the Abarth will be no different than any other 500.

deathshead
02-11-2012, 05:32 PM
in regards to warranty and maintenance, the Abarth will be no different than any other 500.

Anyone know how much the extended warranty might run? 4yr 50k btb warranty isn't much considering fiats us stigma and coming back to Does this include 10/100 powertrain? If I'm going to keep this car ideally i would like to have at least 80k bumper to bumper.

SeaDawg
02-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Anyone know how much the extended warranty might run? 4yr 50k btb warranty isn't much considering fiats us stigma and coming back to Does this include 10/100 powertrain? If I'm going to keep this car ideally i would like to have at least 80k bumper to bumper.

4 Year 50,000 miles is more than most American cars until you get into the Cadillac level or the German Mercedes Benz. I know, I know, Hyundai has blah blah blah. MOST companies do NOT. I do think the powertrain warranty is a little anemic as it is also only 50,000 miles, last time I checked. Again, to be brutally honest, the percentage of 1st owners who keep their car past 4 years/50,000 miles will probably be very low.