PDA

View Full Version : Short Shifter?

talindsay
02-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I was surprised not to find an existing dedicated thread on the short shifters.

So do people like the short shifter kits available? Which one is better, and why? It looks like the Craven Speed kit (US built) includes the reverse lever while the Bonalume kit (Italy built) does not; does it reuse the stock one? What are the differences between the two? Are there other options too? How much do they change the shifting feel?

KhalilWilliams
02-16-2012, 04:33 PM
There's one particular maker of manual-transmission modification and accessory products (e.g. short shift kits, shift knobs, etc.) that I know of, and one of whose workers I'm friends with on Facebook. TWM Performance is working on a short shift kit for the FIAT 500, which I hear should be coming out sometime this year, if it's not out already.

SeaDawg
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
There's one particular maker of manual-transmission modification and accessory products (e.g. short shift kits, shift knobs, etc.) that I know of, and one of whose workers I'm friends with on Facebook. TWM Performance is working on a short shift kit for the FIAT 500, which I hear should be coming out sometime this year, if it's not out already.

It's NOT out already...Looks quite nice, expect it will be rather expensive though.

luckymoi
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Max: I thought there was one t 500madness months go.
was it a dream I had?

SeaDawg
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Max: I thought there was one t 500madness months go.
was it a dream I had?

I think they carry the Craven kit (new price is $299, I think) and perhaps Bonalume, the Italian one, (also $299), but the TWM is STILL in development.

geeded
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know if a short shifter for the 500 will fit the Abarth?

Cheers

MrFiat
02-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know if a short shifter for the 500 will fit the Abarth?

Cheers
Do you think the Abarth will come equipped with a shorter throw from the factory? I've asked the studio guys and they don't know. but it would make sense if it did. I have my fingers crossed that an after market kit will be unnecessary.

KhalilWilliams
02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
It's NOT out already...Looks quite nice, expect it will be rather expensive though.
Just as I was thinking; it's been a while since I've heard from them about it.

500MADNESS.com
02-18-2012, 02:18 AM
I think they carry the Craven kit (new price is $299, I think) and perhaps Bonalume, the Italian one, (also $299), but the TWM is STILL in development.

You are correct. We carry both and have them both in inventory.