PDA

View Full Version : 500 wheel lugs

GileraWarren
01-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Since I don't have a Fiat or a dealer close by I have a question. Are the 500 wheels held on by wheel nuts that go on a stud or do they have a lug "bolt". I will probably end up using 100mm bolt pattern wheels which gives me much better selection. I'm going to use the wobble bolts, just curios whether I'll have to remove studs before I use the bolts. What is the thread size and pitch on the 500 studs. And I guess if you have a wheel off what is the diameter of the center of the hub that locates the wheel. If Fiat drags their feet too long I'll have all my after market stuff rounded up before the car even gets here.

Fiat500USA
01-31-2012, 01:00 AM
Since I don't have a Fiat or a dealer close by I have a question. Are the 500 wheels held on by wheel nuts that go on a stud or do they have a lug "bolt". I will probably end up using 100mm bolt pattern wheels which gives me much better selection. I'm going to use the wobble bolts, just curios whether I'll have to remove studs before I use the bolts. What is the thread size and pitch on the 500 studs. And I guess if you have a wheel off what is the diameter of the center of the hub that locates the wheel. If Fiat drags their feet too long I'll have all my after market stuff rounded up before the car even gets here.

They are held on with wheel bolts. There is a locating dowel that you need to remove (takes a couple of seconds). Make sure you get hub-centric rings if you are using the wobble bolts, the wheels should come with them. The bolt size is 12x1.25.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9calihfsfIM/TaSfUDt9ZbI/AAAAAAAAF8k/TI5Ge31wSSw/s400/Fiat500USA-Fiat_PCD_Variation_Wheel_Bolts.jpg

GileraWarren
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info. One more question. Can you tell me the size of the center hub so I know what size hub-centric rings to get

Thad
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
There are lots of correct FIAT wheels out there if you look. Remember, this car has been sold in the rest of the world since 2007.