PDA

View Full Version : Got my price order confirmation

trevc
01-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Received my Price Order Confirmation this week. I thought I would post pricing in case anyone else is interested. These are MSRP prices.
500 Abarth Nero $22,000
Premium Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats $1000
Tom Tom Navigation with Blue & Me $400
Red Mirror cap/Bodyside Stripe $350
Power Sunroof $850
Safety & Convenience Package $600
17x7.0 Forged Aluminum Hyper Black Wheels $1000
Destination fee $700

Total $26,900

Hoping it will arrive early March...

unknown_eyes
01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Seems reasonable enough to me! Makes me wish I had waited and got an Abarth! But I love my Lounge and really prefer the auto, which would kinda defeat the purpose of having the performance model. Enjoy your new car when it comes in! I know I cant wait until others start getting them in.

I do wonder, is the Abarth available as a convertible or hatch only?

VTEC Mini
01-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Congrats!

F500
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM

'hatch' only.......for now.

geeded
01-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Received my Price Order Confirmation this week. I thought I would post pricing in case anyone else is interested. These are MSRP prices.
500 Abarth Nero $22,000
Power Sunroof $850
Destination fee $700

Total $26,900

Thanks, appreciate the price confirmation. I am surprised that the Nero isn't an extra cost option. I thought it was an "Abarth only" color. Congrats! Your car is one of the "Demo" cars isn't it?

Cheers

trevc
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes, it is the local dealers 'Demo' so I had no choice on the color, wheels and bodystripe.

Thanks, appreciate the price confirmation. I am surprised that the Nero isn't an extra cost option. I thought it was an "Abarth only" color. Congrats! Your car is one of the "Demo" cars isn't it?

Cheers

trevc
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Finally got my VIN number and its moving to production - still hoping for March delivery.

500 Abarth Nero $22,000
Power Sunroof $850
Destination fee $700

Total $26,900

geeded
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Finally got my VIN number and its moving to production - still hoping for March delivery.

That's great. The sooner you get yours, the sooner ours will be here!

Cheers

FiatGusto
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Yes, it is the local dealers 'Demo' so I had no choice on the color, wheels and bodystripe.

I thought I read a while ago that the dealer demo's were not for sale? In fact, you couldn't even
drive one.

I guess I misread.

VTEC Mini
02-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought I read a while ago that the dealer demo's were not for sale? In fact, you couldn't even
drive one.

I guess I misread.I guess it is different everywhere you go. My dealer is not letting anybody drive it and they are planning to put one hell of a mark up on it.............. Talk about on how NOT to sell a car.....

desmomini
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
I just got my VIN as well!

I'm getting the first delivered Abarth to my dealer, so it is the black one with black wheels, etc.

Spec is identical to the original poster, but I opted for no sunroof (-$850) and the inclusion of an engine block heater (+$50), so my total is $26,100, plus tax, tags, fees. Luckily, sales tax is capped at $300 in S.C.

I'm told I'll start receiving weekly emails from FIAT once the build process starts - right now it is at "D - firm schedule serial number is assigned," with a build priority of 01.

MojoMarine
02-14-2012, 08:13 PM
My dealer was directed not to sell their demo. I suspect it is the dealer owner's decision. With the sales of 500's not doing well due to the early marketing miss cues, I suspect some of the dealers want the demo for the showroom to promote traffic. I have had my 500 Sport since May and have been impressed with the feel of the vehicle... it does not feel like it's size when driving. I think sales would take off if more of us Americans give the 500 a chance. I am looking forward to upgrading to the Abarth as soon as they are mass released.

I guess it is different everywhere you go. My dealer is not letting anybody drive it and they are planning to put one hell of a mark up on it.............. Talk about on how NOT to sell a car.....

nyc eng
02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I just got my VIN as well!

I'm getting the first delivered Abarth to my dealer, so it is the black one with black wheels, etc.

Spec is identical to the original poster, but I opted for no sunroof (-$850) and the inclusion of an engine block heater (+$50), so my total is $26,100, plus tax, tags, fees. Luckily, sales tax is capped at $300 in S.C.

I'm told I'll start receiving weekly emails from FIAT once the build process starts - right now it is at "D - firm schedule serial number is assigned," with a build priority of 01.

Very cool, I was curious about FIAT sending email updates, thank you for the info!

Congrats everyone!

GramCracker
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
the inclusion of an engine block heater (+$50)

Just curious, but what is the advantage to having an engine block heater/not having one?

I'm debating making the switch to an Abarth from my S4 Avant and really am confused as to what to do. I really need to test drive an Abarth first before ultimately making my decision.

grapefish
02-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I drive a tuned 2001 S4 and will be getting an Abarth.

You have to go in knowing the trade offs. The FIAT is not an Audi, and that's something you'll notice. On the other hand, the Audi is no FIAT, either. The cars have different focus, and therefore different strengths.

Will the Abarth be as fast as my S4? No, not by a long way. I'm getting older and my own focus is changing, though. Will the Abarth be as fun to drive? Almost certainly. In some ways, moreso!

GramCracker
02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Can anyone answer my question about the block heater? It seems it's only beneficial to those living in colder climates or those who experience winters.

I drive a tuned 2001 S4 and will be getting an Abarth.

You have to go in knowing the trade offs. The FIAT is not an Audi, and that's something you'll notice. On the other hand, the Audi is no FIAT, either. The cars have different focus, and therefore different strengths.

Will the Abarth be as fast as my S4? No, not by a long way. I'm getting older and my own focus is changing, though. Will the Abarth be as fun to drive? Almost certainly. In some ways, moreso!

Yea, my S4 Avant is also a 2001, but it's stage 2+ with all the goodies. As you stated they are two totally different cars in their own respects, and this is what I'm having a really difficult time deciding between. I love my B5 (and it's really rare; 1 of 14 in the US) but it's digging into my wallet waaaay too often. For reference here's a pic of my car:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/docks-8.jpg

nyc eng
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Can anyone answer my question about the block heater? It seems it's only beneficial to those living in colder climates or those who experience winters.

Yea, my S4 Avant is also a 2001, but it's stage 2+ with all the goodies. As you stated they are two totally different cars in their own respects, and this is what I'm having a really difficult time deciding between. I love my B5 (and it's really rare; 1 of 14 in the US) but it's digging into my wallet waaaay too often. For reference here's a pic of my

Awesome color, a friend had a sedan in cactus green.. All my friends with B5's ultimately got rid of them for that exact reason, started costing too much money..

fiat for life
02-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Yea, my S4 Avant is also a 2001, but it's stage 2+ with all the goodies. As you stated they are two totally different cars in their own respects, and this is what I'm having a really difficult time deciding between. I love my B5 (and it's really rare; 1 of 14 in the US) but it's digging into my wallet waaaay too often. For reference here's a pic of my car:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/docks-8.jpg
wow that looks great!

BillE
02-18-2012, 12:56 PM

Yes, that's it. And for only $50 from the factory, for me it's a worthwhile investment. Though currently living in SW Florida, I'm ordering my Abarth with that option since life's an adventure and you (I) never know where you may end up living....or visiting.

scorpio
02-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi guys, new the forum. Congrats on ordering the first few Abarths. I'm eagerly awaiting more ordering details as I'm sure you all are too.

Any idea of if the Abarths will get the Xenon headlights as an option? I noticed it's an option for the UK builder, but no word on it for the US version yet.

MarkG
02-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I guess it is different everywhere you go. My dealer is not letting anybody drive it and they are planning to put one hell of a mark up on it.............. Talk about on how NOT to sell a car.....

I ordered mine last Thursday, Bianco w/ red mirror covers and stripe. With delivery charge of $700 it came to $23,060. Dealer said that he would call me for a drive when his arrived.

grapefish
02-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Xenon headlamps are not a factory option on the US version for 2012.

grapefish
02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Awesome color, a friend had a sedan in cactus green.. All my friends with B5's ultimately got rid of them for that exact reason, started costing too much money..

They say 'round these parts that "there's nothing more expensive than a 10-year-old German car". I always say sure there is! A 10-year-old German AWD biturbo car!

You can always keep the B5, it's not like you're going to get anything on a trade. :grin:

Andy87t2
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I ordered mine last saturday! Went for no upgrades, just a plain black abarth. I figured i can always get nicer wheels later, and with no stripes it will draw less attention. Cant wait!

trevc
02-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Still sitting in D status which means ready to start the build. Been that way for three weeks now. FIAT are going to start loosing potential Abarth customers if they don't ramp up quickly.
This is turning into the equivalent of computer vaporware!

wachuko
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I ordered mine last saturday! Went for no upgrades, just a plain black abarth. I figured i can always get nicer wheels later, and with no stripes it will draw less attention. Cant wait!

The standard wheels have grown on me... glad I went with those. I added all the other options...

trevc
02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
This is what my Sales guy found out..
"Supposed to start after the first of March. They just got finished with the pre-production 2's I think. They will do updates to the line and dyno testing of the built pre-prod2 ones. Then they will start building cars."
The first off the line will be the 'dealer demos' that most dealers have already sold. So, looks like the end of March by the time they get through customs and reach the dealers.

Still sitting in D status which means ready to start the build. Been that way for three weeks now. FIAT are going to start loosing potential Abarth customers if they don't ramp up quickly.

wachuko
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM

I would not call it vaporware... these cars are already available in Europe... and we have seen a few reports of the magazines in the US with pre-production cars...

Are we anxious to see them on the showroom floor? You bet!:grief:

the stig
02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Mine will be white with no Abarth side decal. 16 in. wheels,cloth seats,climate control,alarm. :)

GileraWarren
02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=trevc;549767] They just got finished with the pre-production 2's I think. They will do updates to the line and dyno testing of the built pre-prod2 ones. /QUOTE]
I don't understand what you mean by pre-pod2????

Felnus
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=trevc;549767]
I don't understand what you mean by pre-pod2????

When building a new car, automakers go through various stages of "pre-production". Basically, parts are ran in small amounts and a small number of cars are built and then tested to check for any potential issues with the assembly process among other things. The cars built have no VIN number and cannot be registered or sold. These are often used in required government crash testing or destroyed in other tests(salt bath rust tests, etc). Those that survive the testing processes have to be crushed a certain period of time after they are built.

trevc
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Got an email from my salesman today - "Your race car went gateline yesterday. Has a build date of March 12th. That is an estimate, but is usually pretty close."
Still hoping to take delivery this month!

nyc eng
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
NICE! I might have missed it in this thread but can you track it online?

trevc
03-07-2012, 07:34 PM
NICE! I might have missed it in this thread but can you track it online?

I have been told you can't track online; you have to call your Studio and they can give you the current status.

You would think they would have on-line tracking in this day and age.......

nyc eng
03-07-2012, 07:40 PM
:moody:http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?4686-Got-my-price-order-confirmation&p=548806&viewfull=1#post548806

Looks like we're being old different things. I had one dealer tell me there would be updates and desmomini said there would be emails. Go figure.. :teapot:

SeaDawg
03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I have been told you can't track online; you have to call your Studio and they can give you the current status.

You would think they would have on-line tracking in this day and age.......

They did, but for security reasons they made it inaccessible last year unless your were a dealer/studio. In other words they made it a password protected, private website.

Abarth01
03-10-2012, 07:20 PM
You can track online via the Chrysler Vehicle Order Tracking System (VOTS). You'll need the name of the person who is purchasing (first and last name) plus the last 8 letters/numbers of the VIN or VON.

https://www.chrysler.com/vots/

trevc
03-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks!
Doesn't seem to give as much information as the dealer said he could see but nice to. Have access like this.

You can track online via the Chrysler Vehicle Order Tracking System (VOTS). You'll need the name of the person who is purchasing (first and last name) plus the last 8 letters/numbers of the VIN or VON.

https://www.chrysler.com/vots/

trevc
03-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Painted and in the 'Trim' stage today. Interesting that Trim includes installing the engine :-)

cmj912
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Seems reasonable enough to me! Makes me wish I had waited and got an Abarth! But I love my Lounge and really prefer the auto, which would kinda defeat the purpose of having the performance model. Enjoy your new car when it comes in! I know I cant wait until others start getting them in.

No convertible, yet. But here's what one looks like...

http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/uk/CMSUK/CarsElaborations/Pages/Abarth500C.aspx

wachuko
03-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Painted and in the 'Trim' stage today. Interesting that Trim includes installing the engine :-)

How long is it taking between stages? Do you remember?

Mine is still sitting on Production Scheduled

trevc
03-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Mine was in production scheduled for about a week. Production started Monday and it shows in final inspection today (Thursday).

wachuko
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Mine was in production scheduled for about a week. Production started Monday and it shows in final inspection today (Thursday).

Thank you!

I got my VIN on March 7, started tracking online on March 9 (was listed as Production Scheduled)... if the timing is the same, I should see it change status in a few days.

From that point on, based on what other folks are seeing, it should take a few days to move from one stage to the next.

nyc eng
03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
My dealer said Fiat picked up their first 11 orders and I am #14 which will be picked up during the next sequence. Next week they might have more information.

Do we know anything about how the assembly line is configured for production? Is the Abarth being made along side regular 500s or do they shut down production of the 500s and go full steam with the Abarths?

Starting to get anxious.

FiatGusto
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
My dealer said Fiat picked up their first 11 orders and I am #14 which will be picked up during the next sequence. Next week they might have more information.

Do we know anything about how the assembly line is configured for production? Is the Abarth being made along side regular 500s or do they shut down production of the 500s and go full steam with the Abarths?

Starting to get anxious.

Great question for our new factory rep.

franemo
03-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I've been lurking for a while and reading some of the great comments. I'm finally speaking up now to say that I was extremely interested in an Abarth months ago, but as one promised date after another has gone by, I've been losing interest and find myself reading more about the Mini.
I called the St. Louis dealership (studio, whatever) and they said they aren't getting the first demo Abarth until mid April.

FiatGusto
03-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh golly, just maybe this forum has more precise information than does your studio.
I suggest contacting the factory rep., and ask him to be more specific.
We Fiat 500 owners would really hate to loose you to the "other side".
The wait will be well worth it for you.

trevc
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Mine has been built and sitting in Mexico since March 21. Dealer says he was told it would ship April 3rd and take 2 weeks to get here.
Getting very frustrated. What a sucky way to treat customers!
In Bay At Facility 03/21/2012 09:53 PM CDT VASC - Comodato Yard, MX

BillE
03-28-2012, 12:41 PM
YEA !!!!!
After dutifully checking the Chrysler insight network for a meaningful update every day ( or more ;) ), I just looked again and found the entire schedule. I know it could change, but it's so great to see details :)

(I imagine I'm probably not the only one to receive a detailed update today.)

Current
Scheduled for Build (D1)
03/28/2012 06:39 AM CDT
Toluca Assembly, EM

Future
Loaded On Railcar
04/12/2012 02:00 PM CDT
Toluca Assembly, EM

Railcar - Interchanged
04/17/2012 06:00 PM CDT
Laredo, TX

Railcar - Interchanged
04/23/2012 12:00 AM CDT
New Orleans, LA

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility
04/28/2012 04:00 AM CDT
Tampa, FL

Unloaded From Railcar
04/28/2012 11:00 AM CDT
Tampa, FL

CHEERS :)

luckymoi
03-28-2012, 12:53 PM
YEA !!!!!
After dutifully checking the Chrysler insight network for a meaningful update every day ( or more ;) ), I just looked again and found the entire schedule. I know it could change, but it's so great to see details :)

(I imagine I'm probably not the only one to receive a detailed update today.)

Current
Scheduled for Build (D1)
03/28/2012 06:39 AM CDT
Toluca Assembly, EM

Future
Loaded On Railcar
04/12/2012 02:00 PM CDT
Toluca Assembly, EM

Railcar - Interchanged
04/17/2012 06:00 PM CDT
Laredo, TX

Railcar - Interchanged
04/23/2012 12:00 AM CDT
New Orleans, LA

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility
04/28/2012 04:00 AM CDT
Tampa, FL

Unloaded From Railcar
04/28/2012 11:00 AM CDT
Tampa, FL

CHEERS :)

Wow!
When's thee party?
Btw this looks like a real improvement on the delivery info compared to a year ago or even a few months ago.
(an area of interest for me in my golden years)
Any comment Chris?

Abarth01
03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Just keep in mind that the "future" information is all base upon if the vehicle actually ships out on the date that is listed. Mine was originally listed as shipping and arriving this month. Then it went from built to (JS) Ship to storage and there it sits until probably 3 April when I hear it is supposed to ship out. The key code to look for is "KZ" and "KZM". That means your Abarth will be on its way soon. I think FIAT is intentionally holding the completed Abarths until they a certain number that will then be sent on to Studios for delivery at the same time.

Abarth01
03-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm thinking yours, mine and several others are sitting together in the accomodation "Comodato" yard. Mine has been sitting there since the 18th. It is supposed to ship on the 3rd as well toward MD. Where is yours headed?

BillE
03-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Just keep in mind that the "future" information is all base upon if the vehicle actually ships out on the date that is listed. Mine was originally listed as shipping and arriving this month. Then it went from built to (JS) Ship to storage and there it sits until probably 3 April when I hear it is supposed to ship out. The key code to look for is "KZ" and "KZM". That means your Abarth will be on its way soon. I think FIAT is intentionally holding the completed Abarths until they a certain number that will then be sent on to Studios for delivery at the same time.

Yep, I'm aware from having read previous posts that the status could again change in the future. I was just pleased that it finally went from essentially nothing to essentially something ;)

Abarth01
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I hear ya! When you finally see something new it does make you feel like it is making some progress indeed.

trevc
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking yours, mine and several others are sitting together in the accomodation "Comodato" yard. Mine has been sitting there since the 18th. It is supposed to ship on the 3rd as well toward MD. Where is yours headed?

Memphis, TN.

Abarth01
03-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Cool, it'll be interesting to watch as we all track them when they actually move out.

Bruce Winter
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Pop the Cork.... Our cars will be brothers:

Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
.. Adv Shp Notice - Pre-release 03/10/2012 06:22 AM CST Toluca Assembly, EM
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 03/28/2012 06:39 AM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
Future
.. Loaded On Railcar 04/12/2012 02:00 PM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
.. Railcar - Interchanged 04/17/2012 06:00 PM CDT Laredo, TX
.. Railcar - Interchanged 04/23/2012 12:00 AM CDT New Orleans, LA
.. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 04/28/2012 04:00 AM CDT Tampa, FL
.. Unloaded From Railcar 04/28/2012 11:00 AM CDT Tampa, FL

BillE
03-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Pop the Cork.... Our cars will be brothers:

Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
.. Adv Shp Notice - Pre-release 03/10/2012 06:22 AM CST Toluca Assembly, EM
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 03/28/2012 06:39 AM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
Future
.. Loaded On Railcar 04/12/2012 02:00 PM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
.. Railcar - Interchanged 04/17/2012 06:00 PM CDT Laredo, TX
.. Railcar - Interchanged 04/23/2012 12:00 AM CDT New Orleans, LA
.. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 04/28/2012 04:00 AM CDT Tampa, FL
.. Unloaded From Railcar 04/28/2012 11:00 AM CDT Tampa, FL

Yeah...and they'll be taking the train ride together. :)

trevc
04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
After a loooong time in storage it is finally on the move.
I cannot wait to get behind the wheel and have some fun!

Current
Released from Industry 04/12/2012 01:47 PM EDT On Railcar - Toluca, EM
Future
Railcar - Interchanged 04/17/2012 09:46 PM EDT Laredo, TX
Railcar - Interchanged 04/21/2012 05:46 AM EDT Memphis, TN
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 04/20/2012 08:00 PM EDT Memphis, TN
Unloaded From Railcar 04/22/2012 12:00 AM EDT Memphis, TN
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 04/25/2012 02:00 PM EDT Gossett Motor Cars Inc.
Memphis, TN

Abarth01
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Awesome!

geeded
04-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Mine just switched from I to JS, so it's finished and going into storage. Fiatcare checked and it is due to ship out on the 27th or thereabouts & due around the end of MAY! They aren't exactly rushing to get these out to us are they? Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Cheers

MrFiat
04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah...and they'll be taking the train ride together. :)

Hey there! [[[ First: 1960 Abarth 750 ]]] Still have it ? any pics?

geeded
04-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Mine just switched from I to JS, so it's finished and going into storage. Fiatcare checked and it is due to ship out on the 27th or thereabouts & due around the end of MAY! They aren't exactly rushing to get these out to us are they? Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Cheers

Since that happened earlier today, it has switched again! It's now gone to 'Plant release KZ'. Perhaps it'll be leaving much sooner than thought. I could live with that!

Cheers

Abarth01
04-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Thats definitely a good sign that its leaving soon.

BillE
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey there! [[[ First: 1960 Abarth 750 ]]] Still have it ? any pics?

Hey yourself, MrFiat. I've been enjoying your occasional posts and also knowing that you have a Zagato. It's the car my two friends and I lusted after while we were terrorizing the countryside in our Abarth 750 Sedans. You remember those....the ones that caused folks to come up and say 'hey buddy, did you know your trunk's open?'

The three of us had a little race team "La Piccola Tigre" in the Washington DC area. Spent most of our weekends at Malboro Raceway or autocrossing or the infrequent hill-climb....almost always took 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Actually made it up to your neck of the woods once, driving the 2-lane roads like maniacs the whole way, to see a Formula Libra at Watkins Glen. It's the year that Stirling Moss won in an underpowered, older car, just like he did so often. That'll give you an idea of how long ago it was.

Nope, haven't had that Abarth since long ago and don't have any pictures either unfortunately. The only photo I have from that 'era' is my 1962 MGA MKII. That's the one year they changed to horizontal taillights and slightly recessed the grille....and then discontinued the car.

Can't wait for my new Bianco Abarth to arrive :)

Regards.

MrFiat
04-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey yourself, MrFiat. I've been enjoying your occasional posts and also knowing that you have a Zagato. It's the car my two friends and I lusted after while we were terrorizing the countryside in our Abarth 750 Sedans. You remember those....the ones that caused folks to come up and say 'hey buddy, did you know your trunk's open?'

The three of us had a little race team "La Piccola Tigre" in the Washington DC area. Spent most of our weekends at Malboro Raceway or autocrossing or the infrequent hill-climb....almost always took 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Actually made it up to your neck of the woods once, driving the 2-lane roads like maniacs the whole way, to see a Formula Libra at Watkins Glen. It's the year that Sterling Moss won in an underpowered, older car, just like he did so often. That'll give you an idea of how long ago it was.

Nope, haven't had that Abarth since long ago and don't have any pictures either unfortunately. The only photo I have from that 'era' is my 1962 MGA MKII. That's the one year they changed to horizontal taillights and slightly recessed the grille....and then discontinued the car.

Can't wait for my new Bianco Abarth to arrive :)

Regards.

WOW! Thanks, and talk about the good old days. I remember them well. If you were racing at Marlboro in '61, you may have seen the white Zagato on the track during a couple of the 4 hour endurance races. (It didn't have the stripe then). The driver was a fella named Chuck Weeks. As I recall, Chuck pawned his upright bass to get the entry fee for the first event and we drove the Abarth from Syracuse to Marlboro in the back of a friends Chevy Greenbriar van! Like I said --- the good old days.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories. Love hearing those old Abarth tales!

MarkG
04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Mr Fiat, Your post with BillE made me look for an old pic of my Abarth. Taken on Daytona Beach 1972

Fiat500USA
04-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Mr Fiat, Your post with BillE made me look for an old pic of my Abarth. Taken on Daytona Beach 1972

WOW! That must have been really cool to drive around in!

BellaFiat
04-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Hey, Guys, I'm gonna celebrate tonight because I just got notification that production is scheduled for my car!!!

AND to top that off, FINALLY my VONS went into the VOT so I can see somewhat is going on.

What was the average wait time for notification of VIN? I'd like to try out that Insight thing, but it always asks for a password....

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
04-13-2012, 09:52 AM
I got my order conformation today, I wish it was not Friday the 13th.

BellaFiat
04-13-2012, 10:07 AM
I got my order conformation today, I wish it was not Friday the 13th.

HAHAHAHA!! Me too! It's almost that I am REALLY hoping that what I'm looking at is correct and turns out exactly how I ordered.

trevc
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
It made it to Laredo, TX. Dealer ETA 4/26.

wachuko
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
It made it to Laredo, TX. Dealer ETA 4/26.

Mine should be at the dealer on 4/30

Demo car should be at the dealer on 4/23!!

trevc
04-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I love it when the train is moving :-) F5...F5...F5...F5
It's in Palestine, TX right now - seems to be making good progress :-)

trevc
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Still no car :-(
It arrived at the train yard in Memphis Friday night. It is now Wednesday morning and it is still sitting there with a dealer ETA of 4/30.
The dealer is about 10 miles from the train yard.
I called the dealer and his response was "Transportation is union. Nothing we can do".
Crazy situation....My car was built and put into storage on 3/18!
Chrysler needs to fix their logistics.

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 3C3CFFFH1CT289316
Order Number (VON): 26247094
Sold Order: Yes

I will be so happy when I can finally site behind the wheel!

trevc
04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Looks like complaining on the forums works :-) Dealer called to tell me to say it just arrived - headed there this evening to take a look!

Still no car :-(
It arrived at the train yard in Memphis Friday night. It is now Wednesday morning and it is still sitting there with a dealer ETA of 4/30.
The dealer is about 10 miles from the train yard.
I called the dealer and his response was "Transportation is union. Nothing we can do".
Crazy situation....My car was built and put into storage on 3/18!
Chrysler needs to fix their logistics.

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 3C3CFFFH1CT289316
Order Number (VON): 26247094
Sold Order: Yes

I will be so happy when I can finally site behind the wheel!

trevc
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
It arrived yesterday evening 4/25/2012. It's been a long wait but worth it!

b56.1m6
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
WooHoo it sure is purdy!