PDA

View Full Version : R+R mirror covers

grapefish
01-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Anyone know how easily the mirror covers are removed?

I'm thinking $350 is too much for some stickers and a splash of paint so am looking into a DIY Abarth graphics effort.

unknown_eyes
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM

I'm thinking $350 is too much for some stickers and a splash of paint so am looking into a DIY Abarth graphics effort.

One of the other members: Mpath has done exactly what you are wanting to do and it looks great! He has a pic on this thread: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?3692-did-you-get-any-graphics-(Decals)/page2&highlight=paint+mirrors at bottom of page 2 and top of page 3.

SeaDawg
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM

From what I've seen posted they snap (POP is probably a better word) off rather easily. sjmst can be more specific as he changed his to chrome covers.

grapefish
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks! I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

Of course I do need the car first...

epb
01-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks! I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

Of course I do need the car first...

Ideally. I mean, if I came out to find a stranger changing my mirror covers, my objection would be strongly worded. :)

Dwaynek
01-27-2012, 01:17 AM
If you provide your e mail address I can PDF the mopar instructions to remove and replace mirror covers. I bought the chrome ones for my sport.

sjmst
01-27-2012, 12:09 PM
From what I've seen posted they snap (POP is probably a better word) off rather easily. sjmst can be more specific as he changed his to chrome covers.

It was easy. The mirror covers I got came with instructions. Budget a half an hour if you really take it slow. The mirror has to snap out, yet you must be very gentle and careful so as not to crack it.

SeaDawg
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
If you provide your e mail address I can PDF the mopar instructions to remove and replace mirror covers. I bought the chrome ones for my sport.

Here, HERE, HERE!!! seadawg46@hotmail.com

Many, many THANKS as I just got my new mirror covers which match my white wheels out of the paint/body shop.

I already have $62.95 for installing camber bolts and don't really feel like dropping another $62.95 on top of that to change the mirror covers.

AbarthNut
07-03-2012, 06:08 PM

Hello,

Too late for a "me too"?

SpidermanCS1@verizon.net

Thanks,
Mark

babelhoo
07-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Dwaynek,

Can you attach the PDF here in the thread so all can check it?

thanks!