PDA

View Full Version : Automatic shifter knob installation

unknown_eyes
01-23-2012, 05:35 PM
I ended up getting the carbon fiber shift knob with the ivory trim to go on my Lounge. This thing is TOP quality and a nice heavy piece. Ordered from 500Madness.com. The instructions that came with it were not so good, but thankfully Dwaynek installed one of these on his car and was kind enough to e-mail me how he installed his. I figured I would post a few pics of the install, it was very easy and took no time at all.

(1) Firmly grasp the chrome trim ring at the bottom of the shifter and gently pull it straight down.

(2) Insert a small screwdriver into the hole on the side of the shifter and push out the small retaining clip/pin and then pull the knob straight up.

(3) Slide the chrome sleeve over the shifter post with the set screw facing the dash so it is not visible once installed. Be sure to leave a small gap at the bottom of the sleeve so it does not come into contact with the shifter gate.

(4) Install one of the plastic spacers on top of the chrome sleeve.

(5) Place the new shifter knob onto the chrome sleeve and press down hard and then turn it around to seat it tight.

(6) Enjoy!

arangojuanpablot
10-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Hi there, I really want to know, where do you buy the knob off a Lounge version, no the black and chrome plastic knob...???

Thanks a lot... :)

bryanintowson
10-15-2012, 03:10 PM
If you want a factory (chrome and leather) knob for a Lounge, your best bet would be buying it from your local studio or checking ebay.

Dwaynek
10-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I have the original of my former sport model leather and chrome will sell cheap