PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Towels and Mitts: Are all created equal?

tensleep
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I figure that some products are better than others, and I would like to hit that bang for the buck mark pretty close. I don't want crappy ones, nor do I need cost exclusive ones. I have never used microfiber clothes before, but with two new cars and a new paint job on the old truck, I guess it is time to learn.

Please make comments and suggestions, regarding brands and retailers, even correct methods for using.

blefevre
01-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I figure that some products are better than others, and I would like to hit that bang for the buck mark pretty close. I don't want crappy ones, nor do I need cost exclusive ones. I have never used microfiber clothes before, but with two new cars and a new paint job on the old truck, I guess it is time to learn.

Please make comments and suggestions, regarding brands and retailers, even correct methods for using.

Check out Autogeek.net

They have a lot of great information and a good product selection. In each product class they have "learn about this product" which provides a lot of information.

tensleep
01-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Check out Autogeek.net

They have a lot of great information and a good product selection. In each product class they have "learn about this product" which provides a lot of information.

Thanks, Man! I will check this out.

tensleep
01-23-2012, 04:01 PM
I did my homework and decided to pick up some microfiber towels at O'Reilley's this weekend. These towels are going to revolutionize the way I clean my cars and dust my house/electronics.

FiatGusto
01-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I finally convinced my wife to try them on mirrors and windows...she is now a believer. ('course I have used them for ages on the outside
windows of our house with great results.)
Always use them on my cars.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I ordered a Dodo Juice Wookies fist mitt a couple days ago, It came in today WOW . It has 4x or more nap or long hair. 100% merino wool. Freaks my dogs out don't know why.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Shoe marks on the door card? I had good results with 1Z Gummi Pflege Stift rubber care stick, it also helps stop the rubber seals from decay.

Wolfie
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Posted this info before :friendly_wink:

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/10-fiat-500-appearance-body/3474-micro-fiber-dvd-cd-scratch-test.html

Pronto
11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
I did my homework and decided to pick up some microfiber towels at O'Reilley's this weekend. These towels are going to revolutionize the way I clean my cars and dust my house/electronics.
I buy the huge pack of microfiber towels at Costco for dirt cheap, (I cant remember the cost because I bought like 5 years worth!) and they pass the cd scratch test. the name of these are "Detailers Preference" and they are bright day glow green/yellow. Micro fiber has changed my life! I dont wash my car as much anymore because I just wipe down the car once a week with one damp micro in one hand and one clean dry one in the other. Takes all of 8 minutes to clean a Fiat 500 as long as your wax is good! I now clean all my windows in my house with them as well, and they make great rags when they wear out. cheers!