PDA

View Full Version : Abarth 500 Color

Thomas
01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
For those of you planning to buy one, have you settled on a color? I was bit disappointed with some of available colors. I have seen the Campavolo grey, but I don't this is being offered in N/A. That's the one that I like best.

blefevre
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
For those of you planning to buy one, have you settled on a color? I was bit disappointed with some of available colors. I have seen the Campavolo grey, but I don't this is being offered in N/A. That's the one that I like best.

Campavolo is what I want but white is what I am going to buy. I am getting the hyper black wheels and a light tint, no sunroof. Hopefully I can find an OEM red checkered roof decal to add to it.

VTEC Mini
01-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I like the dull grey color but that is unavailable. The N/A version of "grey" is more like silver. I like the white but the industrial fall out is so bad where I live it would be covered in rust spots in a week. I don't like the red..... Black is what I will pick even though it will never stay clean for no more than five minutes where I live.

spindoc
01-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Seems like everyone who was looking forward to getting a US Abarth wanted the Campovolo Grey - me included. Don't know how Fiat's marketing folks missed this, or what other factors might have led to its omission. Looks like I'll be getting the black instead.

Mini Cord
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Grigio with red stripes should make a nice combination, add the red cheques on the roof and a red scorpion on the hood and it would be awesome!!!

geeded
01-18-2012, 09:59 PM
I was expecting Pearl White to be available since I see it a lot in the Euro pictures...but since it's not available (maybe), I'll go with White w/red mirrors & stripes.

As for the availability of Pearl White, it's not listed, but if you go here:

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/8-fiat-500-general-discussion-forum/2526-new-england-auto-show-fail.html

about half way down the page are some pictures taken at the NE Auto show. One is a closeup of the window Mulrony sticker and it shows.....Pearl White (that picture is very good quality and can be zoomed in a LOT!) for an extra $500.

It also shows the price of the Safety & Convenience package is $600. The sunroof is $850 and no price is listed for the 17" wheel package or the Leather (haven't decided yet I assume). Notice no EPA mileage figures either. Good picture, op did a great job. Read his post as he also gives some excellent info on the car itself.

Cheers

blefevre
01-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks for pointing me to that. I really hope he is correct about the car having linear spring and not progressive springs! The car will be very responsive.

If pearl really is available I really have no idea which color to pick between white and pearl. Pearl is always such a weird color depending on how the manufacture decides to shade/metallic it. Some look awesome, some look awful and slightly tan. AH! I just can't decide.

Thomas
01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
I like the dull grey color but that is unavailable. The N/A version of "grey" is more like silver. I like the white but the industrial fall out is so bad where I live it would be covered in rust spots in a week. I don't like the red..... Black is what I will pick even though it will never stay clean for no more than five minutes where I live.

I hear you VTEC. That grigio seems to close to what I call silver. I'd like to see one in the flesh. Not sure about the black. I think it suits larger cars more, and in the cold climate I live in, it starts to look bad pretty darn quickly.

desmomini
01-19-2012, 12:19 AM
BLACK is the way to go.

As an afficiando of small cars in the U.S., I can tell you that it's sooooo much better to drive something with a masculine edge.

I had a black MINI, and had a blast. Then I had a yellow MINI, and got the finger.

C'mon, people. Think.

Fiat500USA
01-19-2012, 12:26 AM
You can see grigio at a Fiat Studio. It is the same as a regular 500. I have a grigio car and at first had my reservations about it until I saw it in person. It looks great on the Abarth.

epb
01-19-2012, 12:51 AM
I'd want the same color I have now - black. Full spec would be:

Nero with Rosso striping kit
16" x 6.5" cast-aluminum wheels (likely will upgrade no matter what, so why spend extra?)
Tessuto Nero/Rosso (black/red) cloth performance seating (matches the rears better, and cloth works better with no heated seat option)
Safety and Convenience Package ($600)
Total MSRP: $23,300 + stripes (anyone know what they'll run?)

...not that I've given it much thought! :)

SeaDawg
01-19-2012, 02:19 AM
...not that I've given it much thought! :)

Yeah...RIGHT!:onthego:

SeaDawg
01-19-2012, 02:22 AM

You may disagree, but I think if you take a look at the Grigio (gray) in the flesh, you'll see that it is a dark metallic color which does NOT look like the Argento (silver) color. I know the picture at the L.A. show under the lights was deceptive. I said something about the color, but was assured it was the same as the stock 500 Grigio color. Also they do not look like Argento on my local studio display floor.

VTEC Mini
01-19-2012, 10:06 AM
I hear you VTEC. That grigio seems to close to what I call silver. I'd like to see one in the flesh. Not sure about the black. I think it suits larger cars more, and in the cold climate I live in, it starts to look bad pretty darn quickly.

You may disagree, but I think if you take a look at the Grigio (gray) in the flesh, you'll see that it is a dark metallic color which does NOT look like the Argento (silver) color. I know the picture at the L.A. show under the lights was deceptive. I said something about the color, but was assured it was the same as the stock 500 Grigio color. Also they do not look like Argento on my local studio display floor.

I did see the Grigio in the flesh at the L.A. Auto show and even sat in it. To me it is a direct, almost straight across CR-Z Storm Silver which I have. My wife's Civic is silver all so albeit a lighter shade. I guess it is the metallic in the paint. This is why I don't want the Grigio because I am sick of silver/ grey.

Something about the black, in person at the L.A. Auto Show it looked like a metallic black rather than a solid black onyx it depicts in the pictures and the ads which I found beautiful with the silver sparkle flakes.

grapefish
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm torn. On one hand I want white, mostly for tradition, and I find that the grilles etc. hide on the black car. On the other colors the black accents stand out, which breaks up the surfaces a bit and to me makes the car look less squat/bubbly.

I do like the black otherwise. I like the grey. And...

If the stripe and mirror kit is jolly expensive I can see going for the red as well.

Maybe I should just say "I dunno!". =)

SeaDawg
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Something about the black, in person at the L.A. Auto Show it looked like a metallic black rather than a solid black onyx it depicts in the pictures and the ads which I found beautiful with the silver sparkle flakes.

I gather the black, which is a special (read $$$) color, is a heavily flaked color which, if done right, should look awesome. Who knows in 2 years the color palette may change.:)

blefevre
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm torn. On one hand I want white, mostly for tradition, and I find that the grilles etc. hide on the black car. On the other colors the black accents stand out, which breaks up the surfaces a bit and to me makes the car look less squat/bubbly.

If the stripe and mirror kit is jolly expensive I can see going for the red as well.

Same here, I am getting White/Pearl for tradition. It also won't show scratches and chips as easy :)

If they ever release Campovolo Grey I will gladly trade in my white/pearl Abarth for that one. That is how much I like that color.

Itgb
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Total MSRP: $23,300 + stripes (anyone know what they'll run?)

Based off the Euro prices, I think the stripes + mirror caps will run $250. Just an educated guess.

VTEC Mini
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I gather the black, which is a special (read $$$) color, is a heavily flaked color which, if done right, should look awesome. Who knows in 2 years the color palette may change.:)That is my window in buying an Abarth one to two years and that certainly a possibility. Yeah, you are probably right about the extra cash but I would think the same for the Grey because of the metallic in it.

VTEC Mini
01-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Same here, I am getting White/Pearl for tradition. It also won't show scratches and chips as easy :)

.Unless they use the standard black primer and the plastic front pieces are not black underneath.

blefevre
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Unless they use the standard black primer and the plastic front pieces are not black underneath.

Scratches down to the primer would be crazy! I am more talking about the minor scratches you get from washing the car too quickly, etc etc. I am getting a clear bra for the front so chips won't be an issue from rocks. I've had three black cars in a row and I am done with that nightmare.

RLove
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
BLACK is the way to go.

As an afficiando of small cars in the U.S., I can tell you that it's sooooo much better to drive something with a masculine edge.

I had a black MINI, and had a blast. Then I had a yellow MINI, and got the finger.

C'mon, people. Think.

I'm thinking.

Really!? It's just a color. I for one would prefer that people that aren't going to maintain their cars would stay away from black...which is about 98% of them. Think how boring it would be if everyone drove black cars...welcome back Henry Ford.

I suppose my atomic orange Corvette would be considered by you as feminine? Even though it would dust most cars on the street? Pick a color you like and enjoy it, and if you worry about what others think, grow up.

desmomini
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm thinking.

Really!? It's just a color. I for one would prefer that people that aren't going to maintain their cars would stay away from black...which is about 98% of them. Think how boring it would be if everyone drove black cars...welcome back Henry Ford.

I suppose my atomic orange Corvette would be considered by you as feminine? Even though it would dust most cars on the street? Pick a color you like and enjoy it, and if you worry about what others think, grow up.

It's not worrying about what others think so much as worrying about how others act because of the way they think. I've experienced a lot more in the way of senseless road rage antagonism when driving a "feminine" spec of car. It's not pleasant, and I don't wish to invite it. I'm 45, so I've had my fill of cars, and I've learned that driving certain rides in certain situations will invite jerks to be jerks.

And no, an orange Corvette would not fit into this scenario, as road ragers have more respect for muscle cars, SUVs and the like.

My '86 Ferrari is yellow, and I don't get any flak, but I got a TON of flak when driving my yellow MINI which I didn't get while driving my black MINI. Simple empirical data, there.

I don't want all cars to be black, but if I'm driving a subcompact on public roads with members of the general public, I want it to have a mean edge about it. It's the difference between a bulldog and a poodle.

Thomas
01-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Yes, these are tough choices to make in life! I think I have narrowed this down to Grigio and black. I am tilting towards black, as the grigio looks too much like silver & many of the other cars on the road. I hope that I can see one in person. Come on Campovolo grey, where are you! Btw, I have an original 500 Abarth brochure from the UK that I got at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (my Mecca), and it has a color in there called 'racing white too.

SeaDawg
01-19-2012, 04:21 PM
That is my window in buying an Abarth one to two years and that certainly a possibility. Yeah, you are probably right about the extra cash but I would think the same for the Grey because of the metallic in it.

Nope, Grigio isn't extra. Only the Black (on the Abarth) and the Pearl White (Funk White in Europe) cost extra $$$.

VTEC Mini
01-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Nope, Grigio isn't extra. Only the Black (on the Abarth) and the Pearl White (Funk White in Europe) cost extra $$$. Huh..... Well that's interesting. Still don't want the Gringio. I would pick the white even with the chance of rust spots over the Grigio if I had to choose a non-extra cost color. (if that makes sense.....)

FiatGusto
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Our choice for our Sport was Verde Chiaro. Nobody even notices it let alone gives us a hard time.
Kinda like our high school light green 1950(?) Studebaker we all crammed into. Suicide doors and all.

motoringmagic
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
RED-OUTSIDE-RED-INSIDE! Cannot help myself, I'm a red kind of guy

luke_vibert_uk
01-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Black is a PITA to keep clean. A friend of mine picked up his Black A500 the other week and already moaning about how dirty it gets.

I love pizza
01-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Question for those that have seen the black/nero Abarth in person at an autoshow, do all the little vents like those on the rear bumper get lost (or become hidden) on the black car. In viewing pictures online, the bumper vents and extra grilling in the front seem to "pop" more on lighter colors, but in the black it seems like they're lost because their of the same color.

epb
01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Black is a PITA to keep clean. A friend of mine picked up his Black A500 the other week and already moaning about how dirty it gets.

Black isn't a color - it's a responsibility, and you have to rise to the challenge. :)

VTEC Mini
01-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Black isn't a color - it's a responsibility, and you have to rise to the challenge. :)

LOL! I find myself drifting to white now..................

Thomas
01-27-2012, 08:12 PM

I'm not mad about the Nero, but the trouble is I like the colors that are available here even less. I like the one listed as racing white in the UK brochure, and also campovolo grey. Oh, what to do.

Itgb
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM

Meet in the middle.... grigio. :encouragement:

Probably the easiest color to take care of out of the US color options.

VTEC Mini
01-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm not mad about the Nero, but the trouble is I like the colors that are available here even less. I like the one listed as racing white in the UK brochure, and also campovolo grey. Oh, what to do.I like the dull grey color on the Abarths in Europe- you know the color we don't get here in the U.S.

Meet in the middle.... grigio. :encouragement:

Probably the easiest color to take care of out of the US color options.Grigio to me is silver. The car I have now is silver and so is my wifes car. I am kind of sick of silver. It is such a hard choice- Black will always be dirty where I live and white will have rust spots all over it in less than week from industrial fall out. Red is a cop magnet plus I only like red on MINI's and Ferrari's and we covered silver/ grey already..... at least I have time to think about it long and hard.

Fiat500USA
01-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Question for those that have seen the black/nero Abarth in person at an autoshow, do all the little vents like those on the rear bumper get lost (or become hidden) on the black car. In viewing pictures online, the bumper vents and extra grilling in the front seem to "pop" more on lighter colors, but in the black it seems like they're lost because their of the same color.

It is a different look on the black car, but you can still see the grills. In person, they are noticeable to me at least.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-J_6yoGgIAYk/TsmhTlJPsoI/AAAAAAAAKPM/VozQp-O67gU/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%2520072.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PsqOngCBf0I/Tsmg1YUcKHI/AAAAAAAAKO0/Xan7CiuF7TU/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%2520056.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hLYNTFsOyg0/TsmZkE8CrxI/AAAAAAAAKNc/XeksewoL030/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%2520024.JPG

motoringmagic
01-28-2012, 01:31 AM
repeat after me: RED is the fastest color and RED is the bestest color!! LOL

Fiat500USA
01-28-2012, 01:43 AM
repeat after me: RED is the fastest color and RED is the bestest color!! LOL

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417138_10150628292658410_757728409_11149534_168358 6218_n.jpg

More pics from Thad's album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150628288673410.450128.757728409&type=1&l=e61f95b7c3)

luke_vibert_uk
01-28-2012, 09:07 AM
That red is nice, and looks like its the same used on the 695 (different to the run of the mill red here) :)

The thing that struck me looking through the album linked above are the what would seem obscure detail changes that have been made comparing the EU and US versions - granted there are obvious differences to comply with regulation and law, but its things like they've changed the header tank cap to what looks like one out of the 1950's, the black plastic cover over the manifolds and inlets spoiling the view (and adding weight), the front grills don't have the chrome inserts around the fog lights and the DRL's look different - they also house the indicators which are located in the lamp units on the EU versions. The lower chin splitter doesn't have the "aero'" spines which are "supposed to direct air towards the intercoolers". They have also done something quite bizarre with the passenger side wiper arm, cranking it half way up the window...

Whilst I dont think it detracts from the car, these are odd changes which to me don't have any other function other than cost cutting :(

On the plus side, that red A500 looks like it has HID lamps in it - again different to the EU spec ones with washers, levelling etc....unless they have just used a Halgoen projector unit.

VTEC Mini
01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
That red is nice, and looks like its the same used on the 695 (different to the run of the mill red here) :)

The thing that struck me looking through the album linked above are the what would seem obscure detail changes that have been made comparing the EU and US versions - granted there are obvious differences to comply with regulation and law, but its things like they've changed the header tank cap to what looks like one out of the 1950's, the black plastic cover over the manifolds and inlets spoiling the view (and adding weight), the front grills don't have the chrome inserts around the fog lights and the DRL's look different - they also house the indicators which are located in the lamp units on the EU versions. The lower chin splitter doesn't have the "aero'" spines which are "supposed to direct air towards the intercoolers". They have also done something quite bizarre with the passenger side wiper arm, cranking it half way up the window...

Whilst I dont think it detracts from the car, these are odd changes which to me don't have any other function other than cost cutting :(

On the plus side, that red A500 looks like it has HID lamps in it - again different to the EU spec ones with washers, levelling etc....unless they have just used a Halgoen projector unit.

I think the driving lamps are different because don't you guys have a warning device where if you start exceeding the limits of the car or pushing it hard doesn't the hazards come on automatically to warn other drivers? Do you have any pictures of the "Aero Spines"? It does seam America does get left out of a lot of options when a car comes from over sea's whether it is Euro or Japanese. It's a side effect of a weak dollar and car trying to remain competitive.

SeaDawg
01-28-2012, 02:41 PM

the front grills don't have the chrome inserts around the fog lights and the DRL's look different - they also house the indicators which are located in the lamp units on the EU versions. They have also done something quite bizarre with the passenger side wiper arm, cranking it half way up the window...

Don't your DRL's have your headlamp high beams in them? Our DRL is just the DRL bulb and a turn signal amber bulb. Our Projectors include both high and low beams. The Projector headlamps use a single Halogen bulb in each headlamp.

The passenger wiper arm is designed that way to comply with a Federal Government requirement to sweep a certain minimum percentage of the windshield (windscreen) glass.

Thomas
01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
I actually like the grigio out of those 3 in the pictures. I know that lighting etc....can make things look different, but at least the grigio looks more grey than silver

wachuko
02-17-2012, 10:02 AM
So in the USA we get to select from four colors? All four colors will be available here from day one? I hope so... I can't decide between Nero, Rosso, or Grigio... I am thinking Grigio or Rosso... argghhhh! I need to make up my mind...

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/abarthblackredsm.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/abarthgraysm.jpg

wachuko
02-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Has it been confirmed that we will get all four colors from the beginning? I hope so.

Trying to decided between Grigio, Rosso, and Nero... in that order of preference.

grapefish
02-17-2012, 04:29 PM
The US colors available are Nero, Grigio, Bianco, and Rosso.

Mirror caps and stripes are available for $350 factory installed in red, white, or black. All three are available on Grigio, but each stripe color is not available on its respective base color (you can't put black stripes on a black car, natch.)

GramCracker
02-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know if you can order a custom color?

wachuko
02-17-2012, 04:41 PM
The US colors available are Nero, Grigio, Bianco, and Rosso.

Mirror caps and stripes are available for $350 factory installed in red, white, or black. All three are available on Grigio, but each stripe color is not available on its respective base color (you can't put black stripes on a black car, natch.)

Thank you. Local dealer told me only Black and White and when I downloaded the brochure I saw the other two, reason for the question.

Grigio, Rosso, Grigio, Rosso, Grigio, Rosso, Grigio, Rosso...

SeaDawg
02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Thank you. Local dealer told me only Black and White and when I downloaded the brochure I saw the other two, reason for the question.

Grigio, Rosso, Grigio, Rosso, Grigio, Rosso, Grigio, Rosso...

Which dealer; Fields or Greenway?

wachuko
02-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Which dealer; Fields or Greenway?

I went to Greenway... going to Fields tomorrow (Sat)

deathshead
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
White/Red is the "traditional" Abarth color. And I really want one, But I havent seen a White US spec abarth with the black 17s-red stripe combo yet to decide.
I currently drive a black Neon SRT-ACR in black and I live up in the poconos/Northern NJ area where the roads are TERRIBLE, lots of oiled/graveled roads.
so what you get is dust mixed with tar all over the back of the vehicle. Every summer i have to wipe the whole car down with old gas to remove this stuff.
That and the road salt..

I have always said it would take a gun to my head to EVER purchase another black vehicle, but that metal flake black when the sun hits it has grown on me so much.
Straight black? no way, the flake really makes it pop and adds so much depth. Its an exclusive color too.

Both must have the red leather!

I guess it would be a bit easier to take care of too since the car is so much smaller than my srt-4 ;)

Fiat500USA
02-18-2012, 12:53 AM
... I guess it would be a bit easier to take care of too since the car is so much smaller than my srt-4 ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, a nice 'feature' of the 500 is it doesn't take long at all to wash it! I love cleaning my cars, but sometimes it can really drag out and kill the day. With the 500, it takes so little time to do, I can enjoy detailing it and not feel like I should take shortcuts to finish it.

SeaDawg
02-18-2012, 02:58 AM
I went to Greenway... going to Fields tomorrow (Sat)

You'll find Fields $389.00 (or very close) dealer fee to be much more palatable than $899.45 dealer fee of Greenway!

GramCracker
02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
It seems my question got passed over; Can you order a custom color?

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/abarthblackredsm.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/abarthgraysm.jpg

These look to be gunmetal colored wheels... are these the black wheel option? Or are they the graphite colored wheels from the European esseesse kit? :confusion:

Doodles
02-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Rossi is the only color considered.

GramCracker
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Rosso is the only color considered.

Or Bianco :friendly_wink:

Have Trumpet Will Travel
02-23-2012, 01:14 PM
repeat after me: RED is the fastest color and RED is the bestest color!! LOL Past ownership of two Rosso 750 Abarth Allemanos means mine will be RED - again!!!!! H.T.W.T.

FiatPhil
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Pearl bumpers don't match pearl bodies very well either.

GramCracker
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Can anyone riddle me this; are the "hyper black" wheels that are an optional extra actually going to be jet black in color, or more of a titanium color? From the pictures posted above, the wheels look to be a titanium color.

FireDave
02-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Grigio for me

starving4rtist
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Can anyone riddle me this; are the "hyper black" wheels that are an optional extra actually going to be jet black in color, or more of a titanium color? From the pictures posted above, the wheels look to be a titanium color.

I was wondering this too. I checked them out at the Chicago auto show, and they're closer to a gunmetal gray than pure black.

Doodles
02-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Red...
Exactly !!

grapefish
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
All of the auto show cars are pre-production, so may have the "titanium" wheels available (and standard) on the Euro models.

From everything I understand, the wheels here will be gloss black, and the grey finish is not available for 2012.

GramCracker
02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
All of the auto show cars are pre-production, so may have the "titanium" wheels available (and standard) on the Euro models.

From everything I understand, the wheels here will be gloss black, and the grey finish is not available for 2012.

Yea, this is what I figured. They probably just slapped some esseesse kit titanium colored wheels on the Auto Show cars.

geeded
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM

I asked this question a while back. Turns out "Hyper Black" is a well-known color for wheels (who knew?). It is a very shiny dark titanium, NOT black.

Cheers

grapefish
02-24-2012, 08:44 AM
The pictures in this post (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?4622-Abarth-500-Color&p=548989&viewfull=1#post548989) shows the two colors, I believe. The red and grey cars have the EU-type titanium esseesse wheels, and the black one has hyper black.

I wish we could get the grey wheels, I think they look smashing on the grey car. =)

SeaDawg
02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
The pictures in this post (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?4622-Abarth-500-Color&p=548989&viewfull=1#post548989) shows the two colors, I believe. The red and grey cars have the EU-type titanium esseesse wheels, and the black one has hyper black.

I wish we could get the grey wheels, I think they look smashing on the grey car. =)

I think you're being tricked by the vagaries of lighting.

Itgb
02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I think you're being tricked by the vagaries of lighting.

+1 There is only 1 color wheel in those pictures.

luke_vibert_uk
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
The pearl white (Funk White) is a bit of a marmite colour...some like it some dont. I originally was going to get it until I saw it in the flesh and really wasnt sure. In some light it can look a bit "yellow".

sjmst
02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Looking at the official US brochure, the 17" wheels will be available in white or hyper black, There are 4 exterior colors, gray, white, black and red.

At this point, here is my choice:
Grigio, 17" wheels in hyperblack, red leather.
(the first pic below is what I wish they would bring to the USA)

grapefish
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Could be the lighting, but I've actually got some hyper black wheels right now and there's no lighting I can put them in to make them look that grey. =)

Different manufacturer, etc. and I guess we'll all know soon enough. But not soon enough!

Andy87t2
02-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I went with Plain black and the factor 16's I figure I can upgrade the wheels later and use the 16's for winter. And the police wont notice the car as much with no striping.

GramCracker
02-24-2012, 08:01 PM
My point is those wheels don't look to be BLACK. They are a titanium color. Unless that's what the "Hyper" Black is supposed to look like? **** I'm confused haha

Andy87t2
02-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Hyperblack is supposed to be black chrome. It is kinda between black and grey. http://www.wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/110055-1/IMG_6520_001.jpg

epb
02-24-2012, 09:36 PM
That is indeed what Hyper Black looks like.

Fiat500USA
03-02-2012, 02:55 AM
A couple of pictures to whet your appetite:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YPJccD9Ev-A/T1Bq39f89DI/AAAAAAAALBM/gYSawK4RMJA/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth-Press_Event%2520133.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7zrQm9-_e54/T1BsAgj0k1I/AAAAAAAALBU/U4PbHzRzCAI/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth-Press_Event%2520131.JPG

wachuko
03-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Thank you! First set of clear photos of the stock wheels that I have seen. And they look great! The 17" I can always get later.

The more I look at the stock units, the more that I ilke them. Where the 17" look more generic, the standard wheels give the car a special/unique look, imho.

sjmst
03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I like the style of those 16" wheels/

VTEC Mini
03-02-2012, 01:44 PM
A couple of pictures to whet your appetite:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YPJccD9Ev-A/T1Bq39f89DI/AAAAAAAALBM/gYSawK4RMJA/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth-Press_Event%2520133.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7zrQm9-_e54/T1BsAgj0k1I/AAAAAAAALBU/U4PbHzRzCAI/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth-Press_Event%2520131.JPG

Thanks Chris! They would certainly be easier to clean! Do you have any far shots of the whole car with the rims? Maybe in Nero? ;)

Fiat500USA
03-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks Chris! They would certainly be easier to clean! Do you have any far shots of the whole car with the rims? Maybe in Nero? ;)

Yes, but I can't post them until tomorrow. ;) Starting tomorrow, there will be a lot of Abarth news hitting the Internet. Hang on!

VTEC Mini
03-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Yes, but I can't post them until tomorrow. ;) Starting tomorrow, there will be a lot of Abarth news hitting the Internet. Hang on!

REALLY?!?!?!?! Ok now I will be at the edge of my seat........ Are you going to post links up?

sk8ace
03-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I really like those wheels. I will be sticking with those. I have also changed my mind on the color I want. I was going for grey but now I want red. I see too many grey/silver cars on the road.. Kind of want it to stand out a little bit :-)

Oh and I am excited for the new pics and announcements!

DCAbarth
03-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Despite my fun issues with the FIAT studio (see the "Dealership games being" thread in curious, and the issue has been resolved) I'm going with the Grigio with black stripe/mirror cap, standard wheels, black leather seats, sunroof, and upgrade package for sirius xm. I originally had red stripes, no sunroof and the tire upgrade, but after reading this thread daily, I agree that the standard rims are much better looking and I can purchase 17" tires/rims later if I ever so desire. I also changed to the black stripes thanks to some better photos on this thread as well. Having only seen the Campvolo grey with red stripes (which I love!) but I'm not sure the US grigio w/red will be something I'm happy with after having the Abarth for awhile. No only if they'd offer red stripe and black mirror cover... :)

grapefish
03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm still planning on grey with white stripe/mirror.

I have a fantasy about having the lower half repainted in Campovolo to make the first Stateside bicolore...

Just have to get the wife to buy into that plan.

DCAbarth
03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Ohhhh I can see that! That would be pretty awesome! C'mon wife! :)

grapefish
03-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll just leave this here ...

http://db.tt/8Ry65Vae

DCAbarth
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow! That looks sweet! and a Cabrio Abarth! How can she not love that?? :)

Spruce
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I was thinking grigio until I saw a red and white bicolore. I have my dealer working up a price to paint the top half white.

Mike S
03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Why not go to a company that can wrap the top in white vinyl? Looks the same and you can remove it if you want.

ggravant
03-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Yes, but I can't post them until tomorrow. ;) Starting tomorrow, there will be a lot of Abarth news hitting the Internet. Hang on!It is not tomorrow any more ... got pics?

GramCracker
03-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Despite my fun issues with the FIAT studio (see the "Dealership games being" thread in curious, and the issue has been resolved) I'm going with the Grigio with black stripe/mirror cap, standard wheels, black leather seats, sunroof, and upgrade package for sirius xm. I originally had red stripes, no sunroof and the tire upgrade, but after reading this thread daily, I agree that the standard rims are much better looking and I can purchase 17" tires/rims later if I ever so desire. I also changed to the black stripes thanks to some better photos on this thread as well. Having only seen the Campvolo grey with red stripes (which I love!) but I'm not sure the US grigio w/red will be something I'm happy with after having the Abarth for awhile. No only if they'd offer red stripe and black mirror cover... :)

You know what you can always also do, which is what I intend to do if I get sell my S4 for an Abarth, is to NOT order the mirror caps/body stripe option and save $350 and then go to a local body shop and have them paint the mirror caps for you.

Personally, I like the colored mirror caps but think the HUGE logo down the side of the car is very unattractive (having an S4 I much prefer the subtle sports car, hence why mine is a wagon haha). Plus not to mention that it'll cost about $50 to paint the mirrors locally :encouragement:

edit: the smiley selection is really lame/odd on this forum (no offense to the forum mod/owners)

wachuko
03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I am also having second thoughts on the side stripe...

You know what you can always also do, which is what I intend to do if I get sell my S4 for an Abarth, is to NOT order the mirror caps/body stripe option and save $350 and then go to a local body shop and have them paint the mirror caps for you.

Personally, I like the colored mirror caps but think the HUGE logo down the side of the car is very unattractive (having an S4 I much prefer the subtle sports car, hence why mine is a wagon haha). Plus not to mention that it'll coust about $50 to paint the mirrors locally :encouragement:

edit: the smiley selection is really lame/odd on this forum (no offense to the forum mod/owners)

luke_vibert_uk
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
TBH the Factory side stripe for the Abarth 500 is a bit on the lame side and much prefer the deeper and longer Asseto Corse side stripe, which most people are retrofitting on their 500's here.

The problem you guys will have is that you guys are going to have the bobbins side reflector which is going to get in the way...BUT, any 500 without a stripe is referred to as "Naked" here in the UK :)

Thomas
03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
With the absence of campavolo, I have been settling for black, but recently I have been warming up to Grigio with the red stripe. I can't decide.

wachuko
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, Tom just got back to me, looks like I can't make changes to the order. So the good news is that my order is officialy in the system! Wooohoo! :drunk:

nyc eng
03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Are you the first on your dealer's list?

wachuko
03-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Are you the first on your dealer's list?

I honestly do not know... why do you ask?

The only thing I can tell you is that I had a deposit$ on the car... on Feb 22 I got a call from Tom (Sales rep at Fields FIAT of Orlando) letting me know that they would place the order on the 23rd.

Today I dropped him an email to validate if I could eliminate the body-stripes and mirror caps and he mentioned that at this point my order could not be change. So the order stayed as I originally had submitted:

2012 FIAT 500 Abarth
Color: Rosso
Wheels: 16x6.5-inch Cast Aluminum Grigio with Painted Pockets Standard
Exterior Option: Black Mirror Caps and Black Bodyside Stripe
Interior Option: Leather Trim Black Seats with Rosso Stitching
Interior Option: Power sunroof
Interior Option: Convenience Package (Automatic Temperature Control, Security alarm, Sat radio(that I don't really care about))
Interior Option: TomTomŪ Navigation with BLUE&ME

GramCracker
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey wachuko...

What made you pick rosso? What other colors were you picking between? I'm having a hard time picking between red and white for my potential vehicle

DCAbarth
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
My order goes official tomorrow! The studio is supposed to call beforehand to ensure all the choices I've made are the choices I still want. My Abarth is:

Grigio w/black stripe and mirror caps
Standar 16x6.5 wheels
Black leather seats
Power Sunroof
Convenience package

I have been going back and forth with the stripe/mirror caps. I wish I could get the red stripe with black mirror caps, I'm just not sure about the red mirror caps with grigio. I'll probably stick with black, but I have until tomorrow to change my mind for the 15 thousandth time :tan:

wachuko
03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
It was easy, that is the color that my daughter wanted... in a year or two it will be her car, so I let her pick the color... if was for me, I would have gone with the Grigio...

Hey wachuko...

What made you pick rosso? What other colors were you picking between? I'm having a hard time picking between red and white for my potential vehicle

GramCracker
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
It was easy, that is the color that my daughter wanted... in a year or two it will be her car, so I let her pick the color... if was for me, I would have gone with the Grigio...

Fair enough! Now I'm back to the red or white debate

nyc eng
03-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I honestly do not know... why do you ask?

The only thing I can tell you is that I had a deposit$ on the car... on Feb 22 I got a call from Tom (Sales rep at Fields FIAT of Orlando) letting me know that they would place the order on the 23rd.

Thanks for the information. I asked because I've been going back and forth about the red stripes and was interested which orders (dealer demo or regular) were locked in. I'm guessing you aren't getting the dealers demo allocation since you went in on Feb 22 and ordered Rosso. I think the demo cars can only come in black with the 17s.

Sounds like good news.

wachuko
03-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the information. I asked because I've been going back and forth about the red stripes and was interested which orders (dealer demo or regular) were locked in. I'm guessing you aren't getting the dealers demo allocation since you went in on Feb 22 and ordered Rosso. I think the demo cars can only come in black with the 17s.

Sounds like good news.

I did ask about the Demo car :D But as you said, they are indeed using that as a demo car... Tom is going to call and post it on the FB page when it gets here so we can take it for a drive. A loooong and spirited drive! lol

GramCracker
03-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I did ask about the Demo car :D But as you said, they are indeed using that as a demo car... Tom is going to call and post it on the FB page when it gets here so we can take it for a drive. A loooong and spirited drive! lol

You wouldn't know if the dealer is the one who installs the side stripe would you? Obviously the factory paints the mirrors, but I feel like the stripe is applied at the dealer.

wachuko
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
I spoke with Tom (FIAT Sales Rep), so an update:

On the Abarth the side stripes come installed from the factory. I asked.

You wouldn't know if the dealer is the one who installs the side stripe would you? Obviously the factory paints the mirrors, but I feel like the stripe is applied at the dealer.

wachuko
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Sounds like good news.

I just got confirmation... I am indeed first on the list, I was told that I will be the first to get the car at the local dealer... something about them needing to order a car with 16" wheels and I was it. So I have my VIN number!!

VTEC Mini
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM
i just got confirmation... I am indeed first on the list, i was told that i will be the first to get the car at the local dealer... Something about them needing to order a car with 16" wheels and i was it. So i have my vin number!!

sa- weet!

ggravant
03-07-2012, 07:19 PM
It is not tomorrow any more ... got pics?Bump ... I really would like to see the entire Grigio Abarth with the 16" wheels from post #75 ... pwitty pweaze

sjmst
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Bump ... I really would like to see the entire Grigio Abarth with the 16" wheels from post #75 ... pwitty pweaze

Same here!

wachuko
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Bump ... I really would like to see the entire Grigio Abarth with the 16" wheels from post #75 ... pwitty pweaze

Here as well... come on Chris!!!

That Grigio is my favorite color of the four available in the USA...

GramCracker
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I spoke with Tom (FIAT Sales Rep), so an update:

On the Abarth the side stripes come installed from the factory. I asked.

Thanks for checking. That's lame to hear that it's factory applied...I wonder if you can request NO side stripe but keep the mirror caps...?

That Grigio is my favorite color of the four available in the USA...

Campavolo Grey would have been my first choice (and the best choice obviously), but instead we got the dumb Grigio. :dispirited:

ggravant
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
As Bones would say to Captain Kirk ... Chris is DEAD Jim.

luke_vibert_uk
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks for checking. That's lame to hear that it's factory applied...I wonder if you can request NO side stripe but keep the mirror caps...?

I dont think they'll break the option down as here in the UK you order stripes and caps or not at all. However, the caps are available pre colour coded in the EU and are reasonably priced ;) They are also an easy swap.

Campavolo Grey would have been my first choice (and the best choice obviously), but instead we got the dumb Grigio. :dispirited:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/6862912553_dc747b86da_b.jpg
;)

wachuko
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Luke, are you running stock brakes or Brembo?

Thank you for the photo. Car looks amazing. Photo setup is also very nice. Even if you just did it to mess with us for not having that color option :glee:

wachuko
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
As Bones would say to Captain Kirk ... Chris is DEAD Jim.

As we post these comments I can only imagine the following:

Queue in a video of Chris racing the new Abarth like a mad man!! :loyal:

VTEC Mini
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Same here!

That Grigio is my favorite color of the four available in the USA...A friend of mine sent me this picture of an Abarth with U.S. 16" wheels. It is Nero but those who are talented with Photo Shop could change the color easy. I don't think I like the 16"s now because of the center cap and the sidewall looks huge.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7066/6965410659_35252152f1.jpg

GramCracker
03-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I dont think they'll break the option down as here in the UK you order stripes and caps or not at all. However, the caps are available pre colour coded in the EU and are reasonably priced ;) They are also an easy swap.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/6862912553_dc747b86da_b.jpg
;)

I just blew a load. Ughhhhh. I hate you soo much haha that color is seriously PERFECT for this car, it shows off the body lines fantastically. If you couldn't get Campovolo, what would your next choice have been? I'm stuck between white and red.

How much are these mirror caps? And what do you recon shipping to the USA would cost? I might hit you up for a set :wink:

Also, I just called a local Fiat Studio and they informed me they could remove the side stripes when it arrives at the dealer, as they are just some 3M vinyl.

luckymoi
05-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Anyone done a bicolore with a vinyl wrap?
Lots of pictures of euro-bicolore since it's offered there but I've not seen anything in the USA.
Since I garage my car I think the wrap might last 3-5 yrs. I could live with that.