PDA

View Full Version : Abarth price announced -official

Thad
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Abarth pricing just announced $22,000 plus $700 destination.
http://www.media.chrysler.com/homepage.do;jsessionid=719E9F8C201EB4D352B796AC084 733A6?&mid=1

FIAT Brand Announces U.S. Pricing for New 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth
• Starting at $22,000, the Fiat 500 Abarth unleashes legendary Italian performance onto American streets
• Designed for track-day enthusiasts and driving purists who want the ultimate high-performance small car at an attainable price
• Fiat 500 Abarth customers entitled to segment-exclusive, full-day Abarth Driving Experience

Auburn Hills, Mich. , Jan 11, 2012 - The FIAT brand today announced U.S. pricing for its new 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth. The starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $22,000 (not including destination).

Faithful to the “small but wicked” saying coined for Karl Abarth’s cars in the 1960s, the Fiat 500 Abarth arrives to America with the racing traditions that have made it a success on European roadways and racetracks: world-class performance and precision, purposeful and aggressive styling, high power-to-weight ratio and limited production volume.

“The Fiat 500 Abarth feels like a double shot of espresso straight to your veins,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of FIAT Brand for North America, Chrysler Group LLC. “With its wicked attitude, it will reward adrenaline fans who no longer need to pay six figures to feel the rush of true Italian performance.”

The race-inspired Fiat 500 Abarth comes standard with many performance features, including the all-new 1.4-liter MultiAir® Turbo engine delivering 160 horsepower (119 kW) and 170 lb.-ft. (230 N•m) of torque, Abarth-tuned suspension, brake systems and dual exhaust, turbo-boost gauge with integrated LED shift light and 16-inch aluminum wheels.

Driver and passenger performance seats feature a one-piece design with large side bolsters, racing-harness pass-through and accent stitching. The Fiat 500 Abarth also comes standard with BLUE&ME™ Handsfree Communication, Bose premium audio system and steering-wheel-mounted audio controls.

Abarth Driving Experience for New Owners
Included in the price of each 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth is the opportunity for new owners to attend a segment-exclusive driving experience at no additional charge. The Abarth Driving Experience is an entire day of full-throttle training, guided by professional instructors from the Richard Petty Driving Experience to ensure fun and top-level instruction in a safe and structured setting.

“Seduction” Digital Spot Reaches Nearly 3 Million YouTube Views
The 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth and its digital spot titled “Seduction” made their debuts at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show. The 60-second social media spot promoting the 500 Abarth seduced more than 1 million YouTube viewers in its first week and now has reached nearly 3 million views. Without having ever been aired on television or cable networks, it has rapidly spread through the web and gained global attention.

It represents the unique characteristics of the Fiat 500 Abarth as a sensual and strikingly stunning model and takes a peek at what happens the first time a customer encounters the race-ready vehicle. The spot ends with a sexy and edgy message, “The Fiat 500 Abarth. You’ll never forget the first time you see one.”

The “Seduction” digital spot was created in partnership with The Richards Group and can be viewed at the FIAT brand’s YouTube site or via the following link: http://www.youtube.com/fiatusa

blefevre
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I can't wait for the Abarth Driving Experience!

Fiat500USA
01-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/hDtBuAq-c6s/us-fiat-500-abarth-price-released.html)

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Doing the happy dance!

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I can't wait for the Abarth Driving Experience!I wonder how long that will last though.....

luckymoi
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
http://m.abarthworld.com/img/ic?width=1024&height=565&fsize=999000&format=jpg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapps.netbiscuits.com%2F288715%2FA barthMobile%2Fimg%2Fslideshow%2Fmodellseite%2Fmode lle_500C_1.jpg

small car lover
01-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Has there been any official information on prices of the options? Such as the wheels, the leather upgrade pkg, etc...

This price leaves room for upgrades without getting the car unreasonably expensive. Great news!

geeded
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Has there been any official information on prices of the options? Such as the wheels, the leather upgrade pkg, etc...

This price leaves room for upgrades without getting the car unreasonably expensive. Great news!

Ditto. I want to spec this sucker! BTW, does anyone know if the 17" 'hyper black' wheels are black? They seem to be a dark titanium in the pictures. If black, don't want them, titanium I can live with. Anyone know?

Thanks and cheers

sk8ace
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
As long as the dealers don't try to kill us on the markups.. The dealer closest to me said he was thinking around 27k after markup.. (before todays MSRP pricing announcement though). I am not paying anything over MSRP+destination + options..

luckymoi
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
As long as the dealers don't try to kill us on the markups.. The dealer closest to me said he was thinking around 27k after markup.. (before todays MSRP pricing announcement though). I am not paying anything over MSRP+destination + options..
Groan...

Reaperman
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Good to hear a price, and especially great to confirm it roughly in my price range.
I would rather have the maintenance over the 'experience' day, though.

I also worry about dealer markup, but if they really don't want to sell me a car, Subaru or Scion surely will--and I hope the knowledge of competition will keep that possibility down.

I'm also still waiting to see if that fixed-glass roof appears on the option list. And to anybody who has been in those single-piece seats--are there any concerns for those of us who are *ahem* wide?

blefevre
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Ditto. I want to spec this sucker! BTW, does anyone know if the 17" 'hyper black' wheels are black? They seem to be a dark titanium in the pictures. If black, don't want them, titanium I can live with. Anyone know?

Thanks and cheers

Go look at the LA auto show pictures. They are "hyper black", which is a pretty common color. It's between titanium and black. It is NOT all black.

Here is an example in good light.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2012/def/2012-Fiat-500-Abarth-Los-Angeles-Auto-Show-1280x960.htm

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM

Groan...My dealer said the same about the demo. I will not, WILL NOT- as in a snowballs chance in hell pay mark up- for any car, period. one- there is always a dealer who wont charge mark up and second, yes you will have a few but over all sales will be crap with the small car market heating up with the Veloster turbo, Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ, Ford ST along with your standard GTI, Mazda 3 Speed and Cooper S. That would be plain stupid.

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Thanks and cheers

Go look at the LA auto show pictures. They are "hyper black", which is a pretty common color. It's between titanium and black. It is NOT all black.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2012/def/2012-Fiat-500-Abarth-Los-Angeles-Auto-Show-1280x960.htm saw them at the L.A. Auto show in person. It is like a shiny primer black almost grey- if that makes sense. I am not a fan of all black on black either but there is enough contrast between the rims/ tires and body color to make a difference and it looks stunning, sinister and beautiful!

blefevre
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
saw them at the L.A. Auto show in person. It is like a shiny primer black almost grey- if that makes sense. I am not a fan of all black on black either but there is enough contrast between the rims/ tires and body color to make a difference and it looks stunning, sinister and beautiful!

Yes, I am doing a white Abarth with hyper black wheels and a light tint. I love contrast.

geeded
01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Yes, I am doing a white Abarth with hyper black wheels and a light tint. I love contrast.

Now that the 1st in line at my dealer took the "demo", I'm first in line and will be ordering soon. Firstly, I put a deposit down back in March with a written agreement stating MSRP + delivery + taxes. I have had no problem. If they want to raise the price, just wait. I've waited close to a year. It can be done (but it sucks). Don't pay over MSRP. The price will be MSRP VERY soon. Too many competitors to get away with it.

Secondly, I'm getting a White Abarth and would prefer light titanium to silver on the rims (not offered) but from the pictures I can't tell if there is a marked difference between the 16" & the 17" dark wheels. Since I'm going to order w/o ever seeing either one, and I have yet to see a picture of the NA Abarth with 16" wheels, I've going to have to make an "informed" WAG to which will look better. Wish me luck and thanks for the input.

Cheers

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Now that the 1st in line at my dealer took the "demo", I'm first in line and will be ordering soon. Firstly, I put a deposit down back in March with a written agreement stating MSRP + delivery + taxes. I have had no problem. If they want to raise the price, just wait. I've waited close to a year. It can be done (but it sucks). Don't pay over MSRP. The price will be MSRP VERY soon. Too many competitors to get away with it.

Secondly, I'm getting a White Abarth and would prefer light titanium to silver on the rims (not offered) but from the pictures I can't tell if there is a marked difference between the 16" & the 17" dark wheels. Since I'm going to order w/o ever seeing either one, and I have yet to see a picture of the NA Abarth with 16" wheels, I've going to have to make an "informed" WAG to which will look better. Wish me luck and thanks for the input.

CheersHere is what I came up with;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5074/5876586065_062daea83c.jpg

http://www.francecars.co.uk/images/vehicules_referencement/7_1.jpg

http://www.francecars.co.uk/images/vehicules_referencement/7_2.jpg

sjmst
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM

No one should pay any markups. Also, I think that the only number that counts is the price. HP, 0-60, etc don't mean as much as seat of the pants fun. That's what everyone needs to check for themselves. I bet it will be a blast.

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I think the biggest option will be the wheels- I am wagering $2300 on those.

blefevre
01-11-2012, 04:52 PM

That seems very high. That is over standard price for a set of nice wheels/tires. I am guessing $1000 for the set.

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 05:17 PM
That seems very high. That is over standard price for a set of nice wheels/tires. I am guessing $1000 for the set.I estimated that price because it doesn't matter if it was MINI or CR-Z their premium wheels average to that price. Plus just for the sun roof is $800 and you figure the price of the rubber plus the rims to.

Scorpion
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Bravo on the base price Fiat!

As far as the optional wheels. I hope they don't go into John Cooper Works pricing territory.

pastor passum
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Just received a call from my dealer confirming their price on the Abarth would be $22,700. He confirmed that Pearl White would be one of the colors available and that all cars delivered would be by order. A $99.00 deposite (fully refundable if you change your mind on delivery) is required to order. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. He stated first deliveries on ordered cars would be early April.

Jim

fredfrey
01-11-2012, 06:29 PM
As for mark-ups. They happend on the Primas so they will probably happen on the Abarth too. I had to go through 4 dealers until I found one sticking to MSRP. So my advice is before you plunk down a deposit, confirm they will be selling to you at MSRP ($22,000 plus delivery and options). Get it in writing then give them a deposit. Be very firm with them. I personally know some prima owners who had to pay an extra fee to their dealer for NOTHING!

GileraWarren
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Secondly, I'm getting a White Abarth and would prefer light titanium to silver on the rims (not offered) but from the pictures I can't tell if there is a marked difference between the 16" & the 17" dark wheels. Since I'm going to order w/o ever seeing either one, and I have yet to see a picture of the NA Abarth with 16" wheels, I've going to have to make an "informed" WAG to which will look better. Wish me luck and thanks for the input. Cheers

I was planning on making mine white also but with white wheels. However since I'm on a pretty tight budget, being on SS, it all depends on the price of the wheel option. If they are $800 or less I'll get the white ones. If they are more I would order the car in Grey with standard 16 inch wheels assuming they are the ones that VTEC sent in his post.

geeded
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2012/def/2012-Fiat-500-Abarth-Los-Angeles-Auto-Show-1280x960.htm

Thanks for the picture. If that is a "correct" shot, I can live with that. Thanks much.

SeaDawg
01-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Be very firm with them. I personally know some prima owners who had to pay an extra fee to their dealer for NOTHING!

That wasn't because they were Prima's, it was because it is FLORIDA. Dealer fees in Florida are as common as the common cold. You'd be hard pressed to find 1 out of 10 dealers down here that doesn't charge some amount. I gathered from your response early last year that the dealers up north haven't discovered that profit gold mine yet.

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the picture. If that is a "correct" shot, I can live with that. Thanks much.your welcome!

ftower
01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Received information today from my studio as well with price of 22,000 plus destination, etc. They didn't have pricing on the options but the list included:

Colors: Red, black, white, deep gray, pearl.
Wheel Colors: Black or white (no confirmation on whether or not the regular alloy color will be available). The 17" wheels are included in the base price.
Seats: Black cloth, black leather, black and red leather.
Additional: Safety & convenience package (alarm, Sirius radio, digital A/C control), TomTom navigation, smoker's group, power sunroof (there's no fixed glass panel - either a metal roof or the power sunroof), engine block heater, mirror cap and ABARTH body stripe in red, white or black.

Orders to be taken sometime in February with April delivery. I was hoping for March delivery, but if it's April not the end of the world. Gives me more time to save for the Sabelt seats from TMC!

geeded
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM

If that is even close, it solves my problem. I'll get the 16" and there is a nice set of BBS wheels online that I can get later on if I find the 16" wanting. That would be (to me) an absurd price. The upgrade for our MINI was around $1k. I thought that was high considering they're keeping a complete set of wheels/tires (how much could the difference actually be?).

Cheers

VTEC Mini
01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
If that is even close, it solves my problem. I'll get the 16" and there is a nice set of BBS wheels online that I can get later on if I find the 16" wanting. That would be (to me) an absurd price. The upgrade for our MINI was around $1k. I thought that was high considering they're keeping a complete set of wheels/tires (how much could the difference actually be?).

CheersI never bought factory upgraded wheels because I find they are always over priced. I hope I am wrong on this price but the ones for my MINI and the CR-Z I wanted where $2K plus and I ended up passing.

MrFiat
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Speaking of wheels, I ran into the realization that the 17" wheels (whatever the color) come shod with Pirelli P Zeros. I heard not-so-nice reports on these over the last couple of years so I did a look-see at Tire Rack for ratings and found the P Zeros are, indeed, not very well liked. Given the reviews, it appears they wear quickly and are nasty in the wet. Based on that, and the greater array of available 16" rubber, I changed my order to the stock 16" Sport wheels. Hope I did the right thing.

500ways
01-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Speaking of wheels, I ran into the realization that the 17" wheels (whatever the color) come shod with Pirelli P Zeros. I heard not-so-nice reports on these over the last couple of years so I did a look-see at Tire Rack for ratings and found the P Zeros are, indeed, not very well liked. Given the reviews, it appears they wear quickly and are nasty in the wet. Based on that, and the greater array of available 16" rubber, I changed my order to the stock 16" Sport wheels. Hope I did the right thing.

So you ordered the Abarth with 16" wheels? What does that do to the pricing?

Very cool tag line, by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spindoc
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Received information today from my studio as well with price of 22,000 plus destination, etc. . . . The 17" wheels are included in the base price. . . .

The 17" wheels are standard? That's contrary to everything else I've read. Can anyone confirm this?

F500
01-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Here is what I came up with;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5074/5876586065_062daea83c.jpg

http://www.francecars.co.uk/images/vehicules_referencement/7_1.jpg

http://www.francecars.co.uk/images/vehicules_referencement/7_2.jpg

The 17" wheels are standard? That's contrary to everything else I've read. Can anyone confirm this?

the pics show the standard 16" Abarth Alloys. the 17's are something like a 12-spoke in either the white or hyper black. my FIAT Studio told me the 17's are one of the options. hope that helps. :)

txdesign
01-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Still prefer this set-up. Not sure if these are aftermarket.

blefevre
01-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Still prefer this set-up. Not sure if these are aftermarket.

Those are the optional 17" wheels.

ftower
01-11-2012, 10:07 PM

I was surprised by this as well - the ABARTH brochure clearly shows the 17's as optional equipment. I specifically asked my sales person if they were in the 22,000 + destination price and the answer was yes. If anyone here can confirm with their studio this isn't the case, please let me know so I can update my sales person. That said, I'll be holding my studio to the 'included' price!

MrFiat
01-11-2012, 11:19 PM
So you ordered the Abarth with 16" wheels? What does that do to the pricing?

Very cool tag line, by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I understand it, the 6 & 1/2" by 16 sport wheels are standard and part of the 22k price. The 17's are optional, but I didn't get a firm price. Accordingto the Abarth spec, the 16's are shod with Pirelli P7s which (from the TR reviews) seem to be a little better than the P zero's.

And btw, thanks for the kudos!:joyous:

geeded
01-12-2012, 12:15 AM
the pics show the standard 16" Abarth Alloys. the 17's are something like a 12-spoke in either the white or hyper black. my FIAT Studio told me the 17's are one of the options. hope that helps. :)

Howdy,

The 16" you show are the Euro 16" wheels ("petals" I think they're called). From what I can see from the "partial" picture shown in the brochure, the NA version are similar but not identical. The NA version have no bright machined surfaces, titanium colored with the pockets darker with sharp spokes that run to the edge. I wish FIAT would show one car with the NA 16" wheels. Can't even photoshop it because I can't even find a full picture of the wheel. Sheesh....

Thanks for the photos though. If you color them all grey you'd get some idea I think. The centers appear the same.

Cheers

blefevre
01-12-2012, 12:25 AM
As I understand it, the 6 & 1/2" by 16 sport wheels are standard and part of the 22k price. The 17's are optional, but I didn't get a firm price. Accordingto the Abarth spec, the 16's are shod with Pirelli P7s which (from the TR reviews) seem to be a little better than the P zero's.

And btw, thanks for the kudos!:joyous:

The P7's are very stiff all-seasons. Good for long life, but awful for handling. The P zeros are a decent summer tire with a much gripper compound. Not the best, but not the worse. They are VERY different tires for different purposes (tire life vs handling) and you can't really compare the two.

SeaDawg
01-12-2012, 12:45 AM
The P7's are very stiff all-seasons. Good for long life, but awful for handling. The P zeros are a decent summer tire with a much gripper compound. Not the best, but not the worse. They are VERY different tires for different purposes (tire life vs handling) and you can't really compare the two.

I'll have to disagree.:joyous: I have the P7 Cinturato's on my Sport and it corners like it's on rails. Doesn't seem to be bothered by rain either, of which we get a bit here in Florida.

Fiat500USA
01-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Let me help you guys out ;)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-__1lwiDg6Mk/Tw5lTYuNq7I/AAAAAAAAKw8/NGaInSEAm98/s640/Fiat500USA.com-US_Fiat_500_Abarth_16_inch_Wheel.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Wvu59hx3rLk/Tw5ilVH28pI/AAAAAAAAKws/jdNcoURF1D4/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520107.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-srwpfarESF8/Tw5g8smMgXI/AAAAAAAAKwQ/-HpDibKT7GE/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Wheel_in_white.jpg

Itgb
01-12-2012, 12:50 AM

Be careful which P7s you are looking at on TR. The Abarth 16" tires are the same as the regular 500 all-season tires, Pirelli P7 Cinturato A/S (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season). The optional 17" tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero&partnum=04WR70NXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes) max performance summer tires. So you have to decide not only the difference in wheels, but also tire performance.

edit: looks like blefevre beat me too it, but yea I agree with him. You can't compare A/S and summer tires.

blefevre
01-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I'll have to disagree.:joyous: I have the P7 Cinturato's on my Sport and it corners like it's on rails. Doesn't seem to be bothered by rain either, of which we get a bit here in Florida.

Have you driven the same car with hard all seasons then switched to soft rubber summers? I think you will have a new definition of "handling on rails" :)

The best thing I have ever done is finally run proper summer tires on all of my cars. It gets expensive but way worth it if you drive hard.

VTEC Mini
01-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Let me help you guys out ;)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-__1lwiDg6Mk/Tw5lTYuNq7I/AAAAAAAAKw8/NGaInSEAm98/s640/Fiat500USA.com-US_Fiat_500_Abarth_16_inch_Wheel.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Wvu59hx3rLk/Tw5ilVH28pI/AAAAAAAAKws/jdNcoURF1D4/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520107.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-srwpfarESF8/Tw5g8smMgXI/AAAAAAAAKwQ/-HpDibKT7GE/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Wheel_in_white.jpgThose 16's don't look bad at all and I like them better than the Euro ones.

SeaDawg
01-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Have you driven the same car with hard all seasons then switched to soft rubber summers? I think you will have a new definition of "handling on rails" :)

I can't bring myself to blow $1,300.00 for 17" alloys, 205/40 Yokohama S Ultra's and new TPMS when I haven't even worn the 'nubbies' off the original P7's.:chuncky:

epb
01-12-2012, 02:40 AM
I ran P-Zeros on my BMW and had an awful experience. Drive wasn't all that great and 3 of the tires developed sidewall bubbles in less than a year. I replaced them with Michelin PS2s (now discontinued) and haven't had a problem since (about a year ago) and grip is much better (as long as it's over 50-degrees or so).

Thad
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm also still waiting to see if that fixed-glass roof appears on the option list. And to anybody who has been in those single-piece seats--are there any concerns for those of us who are *ahem* wide? Did you know the seats are already 2 inches wider than the Euro cars? This is why they had to move the seat back adjuster to the inside because there isn't room between the seat and the door panel.

MrFiat
01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Be careful which P7s you are looking at on TR. The Abarth 16" tires are the same as the regular 500 all-season tires, Pirelli P7 Cinturato A/S (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season). The optional 17" tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero&partnum=04WR70NXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes) max performance summer tires. So you have to decide not only the difference in wheels, but also tire performance.

edit: looks like blefevre beat me too it, but yea I agree with him. You can't compare A/S and summer tires.

Absolutely ! I agree with the both of you and honestly didn't intend to compare the two tires. I realize they are two different animals. I need to drive in both summer and Syracuse winter conditions (lots of snow) The issue for me is that cost is a big concern and I can't justify the extra cost of buying the optional 17's and then putting on a different set of tires. I need (at least) A/S to start with and the 16's seem to be the only option to offer that at delivery. Hence my decision to switch. Even then, the P7's wouldn't have been my first choice.
BTW, my sport came equipped with Continental Pro Contact A/S tires which have been working well so far in the wet.

GileraWarren
01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I was surprised by this as well - the ABARTH brochure clearly shows the 17's as optional equipment. I specifically asked my sales person if they were in the 22,000 + destination price and the answer was yes. If anyone here can confirm with their studio this isn't the case, please let me know so I can update my sales person. That said, I'll be holding my studio to the 'included' price!

I talked to my Studio yesterday who is Criswell in Gaithersburg MD. They claim to stock the most and sell the most Fiats in the east coast (or something like that) Anyway they say they can't place an order until about the beginning of Feb and they have no prices on optional wheels as of yesterday. It does say on my Abarth feature availability sheet that the 16's are standard. Maybe there is some confusion because it lists two different color 17's as optional and it also lists different color Abarth side stripes as optional. I wouldn't think that the side stripe is optional as in having to pay for the stripe. Just optional as to what color you want, Right? As for the wheels I would think 17's will cost more. Once you check that option then you pick whatever color you want. Does that sound right? BTW I'm #5 on my Studios Abarth list and there will be no dealer mark up, just sticker price

geeded
01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
... I wouldn't think that the side stripe is optional as in having to pay for the stripe. Just optional as to what color you want, Right? As for the wheels I would think 17's will cost more. Once you check that option then you pick whatever color you want. Does that sound right?

It is my understanding that there are several options.
First is no cost because you get no stripe.
Second, stripe only, you choose the color as long as not the same color as the car.
Third, same as the second but adds mirror covers matched to the stripe.

Cheers

Dwaynek
01-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Announced today in Canada 23,995 plus destination charge. Considering our dollars at par never understand the price difference!

txdesign
01-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Are these euro only wheels? I really like them.

geeded
01-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Are these euro only wheels? I really like them.

Not shown as available here. Very nice though so I wish they were available!

Cheers

VanIsleDave
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Quoted from Dwaynek: "Announced today in Canada 23,995 plus destination charge. Considering our dollars at par never understand the price difference! "

The price difference is still there because all the distributors and retail outlets for ALL consumer goods are still soaking us. There is an investigative committee in the House of Commons that is looking into this I think....allegations of price fixing etc...