PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to the New 2013 Dodge Dart

Fiat500USA
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/WtVTf1Vldog/introduction-to-new-2013-dodge-dart.html)

PFVA63
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the additional info. Its not a bad looking car at all, though I suspect that its just a bit too big for me. Good thing I have my 500 Pop :)

Pat

PFVA63
01-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi,

After reading this info, and watching the Dart unvieling video, I guess I'm maybe understanding Fiat and Chrysler's strategy little better. Trying to sell a 500 side by side in the same dealership with with a car like the Dart does now end up kind of seeming like it might not be the best idea in the end to me. I'm not trying to suggest that the Dart will be a better car than the 500 or anything, but if you were to try and sell the two cars side by side people may end up focusing on the differences in power and fuel economy and space etc, and kind of gloss over that the two cars are really meant to be very different things.

Pat

F500
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
you got it 'pf'. they're made for two entirely different groups. if someone is looking for good MPG's, they're not necessarily going to buy a 500, nor is someone with a family that needs to carry 4 people comfortably. but if someone is looking for fun, style and still relatively decent MPG's and comfort, the 500 is a good compromise.

the Dart will get more of the 'regular' car buyers that may be looking at a Civic, Corolla or Focus. from what I've read about the new Civic, the Dart will win hands down and they way Dodge is planning on making the Dart as personal as possible, the Corolla and Focus are going to get a run for their money too.

this Dart is sweet........and I can't wait to see one IN PERSON!

Fiat500USA
01-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Hi,

After reading this info, and watching the Dart unvieling video, I guess I'm maybe understanding Fiat and Chrysler's strategy little better. Trying to sell a 500 side by side in the same dealership with with a car like the Dart does now end up kind of seeming like it might not be the best idea in the end to me. I'm not trying to suggest that the Dart will be a better car than the 500 or anything, but if you were to try and sell the two cars side by side people may end up focusing on the differences in power and fuel economy and space etc, and kind of gloss over that the two cars are really meant to be very different things.

Pat

Yes, you've got it. You cannot sell Fiat and Alfa Romeos in the same showroom as Ram pick ups. It was tried in the 90s - it was an utter failure. Two years ago I was talking to Laura Soave when a person interupted us and told her point blank he would never go to a Chrysler dealer and buy a Fiat. The separate facilities is a long term strategy that we just have to tough out until we can get some momentum going. It will happen and be worth it.

Fiat500USA
01-10-2012, 12:17 AM
you got it 'pf'. they're made for two entirely different groups. if someone is looking for good MPG's, they're not necessarily going to buy a 500, nor is someone with a family that needs to carry 4 people comfortably. but if someone is looking for fun, style and still relatively decent MPG's and comfort, the 500 is a good compromise.

the Dart will get more of the 'regular' car buyers that may be looking at a Civic, Corolla or Focus. from what I've read about the new Civic, the Dart will win hands down and they way Dodge is planning on making the Dart as personal as possible, the Corolla and Focus are going to get a run for their money too.

this Dart is sweet........and I can't wait to see one IN PERSON!

This car sounds very promising. I can't wait to drive it!

sportbiker
01-10-2012, 04:48 AM
If it drives as good as it looks, it's like an Alfa for about $20-22k equipped (and with the FIRE engine, of course). At that price, I'm surprising myself by thinking it might offer a better combination of smiles and practicality than the Abarth I've been waiting for.

The things I never thought I would watch myself type...

janaheim
01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
If it drives as good as it looks, it's like an Alfa for about $20-22k equipped (and with the FIRE engine, of course). At that price, I'm surprising myself by thinking it might offer a better combination of smiles and practicality than the Abarth I've been waiting for.

The things I never thought I would watch myself type...

We'll see how the Dart does when it's tested. The only true affordable driver's cars in the compact category right now are the Mazda 3 and the Ford Focus. All others are posers. The Dart certainly looks the part. Let's hope it delivers.

sportbiker
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, there's always the nagging fear the suspension will have been, uhh, "optimized for American tastes." It's more-or-less OK if they commit that sin but have an optional Alfa-tuned suspension as penance. We'll find out eventually.

In a way, it's a win-win: if the Dart drives like an Alfa for a Toyota price, I win; if it doesn't and I get an Abarth instead, I win. I would just hate to see Dodge snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

sjmst
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
The Dart looks like it could be on target.

Jeepnut
01-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah, there's always the nagging fear the suspension will have been, uhh, "optimized for American tastes." It's more-or-less OK if they commit that sin but have an optional Alfa-tuned suspension as penance. We'll find out eventually.

In a way, it's a win-win: if the Dart drives like an Alfa for a Toyota price, I win; if it doesn't and I get an Abarth instead, I win. I would just hate to see Dodge snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
The R/T will have the best handling of the bunch. The limited and base will probably be a softer ride.

Fiat500USA
01-12-2012, 02:03 AM
The R/T will have the best handling of the bunch. The limited and base will probably be a softer ride.

Looking forward to the R/T and an SRT! I drove a pre-production 300M last year and while the regular car was competent, the 300M all wheel drive Hemi really had the suspension sorted out. I was impressed with what the Chrysler suspension engineers can do when given the go ahead.