PDA

View Full Version : First Abarth order is out!

geeded
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Greetings,

Just got off of the phone with the manager at my dealer. I am second in line and was offered the first Abarth because the 1st in line refused it. I did the same, although it was hard.

Here is the scoop right from the email sent to the dealers. Each dealer will receive ONE car for order right now. This car WILL be in Black w/17" wheels, other options as requested.

Once these are delivered, regular ordering with all colors/options will begin in February for March delivery.

I didn't ask if the first ones will have a tag, or number, or what not. Didn't really think to ask because I don't want a Black one and, obviously, neither did the first in line. I'm not exactly sure why they think Black is the "hot" color. I've always associated white or gray with Abarth, not black. At least at my Studio, they're finding out the fanatics don't want to stray from tradition. I'm sure someone on the list will take it.

So, one per dealer for next month, then regular ordering begins in February for March delivery.

Cheers,:encouragement:

desmomini
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I just got the call from my dealer, as I'm first in line, and I snapped it up!

Black is exactly what I want.

It comes with the upgraded 17" wheels and the black and red leather.

I choose the safety and convenience package, TomTom, and engine block heater, but passed on the sunroof and the smoker's package.

luckymoi
01-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Do the seats have air bags?

geeded
01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Do the seats have air bags?

Yep, they have the side airbags.

I also confirmed that the Abarth WILL have the std 4/50 & 3/36 maintenance warranty since no one seemed to know.

One more month....stupid black....

Cheers

luckymoi
01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Black is wicked to some.

ggravant
01-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Do you know the cost yet?

blefevre
01-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Well that sucks. I also will be passing on the Black option.

geeded
01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Do you know the cost yet?

Dang....good question and one I forgot to ask. Desmomini took the first at his Studio, if he reads this again, "Did you get a price"? I'm betting not.. but who am I kidding, I'd have ordered it if they had allowed color/wheel choice, even w/o the price.

Cheers

geeded
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Black is wicked to some.

I agree it's a wicked color. Unfortunately, also really wicked hard to keep clean.

I'd rather drive my car than wash it. Probably because I'm old and 'been there and done that'. But I just like the Abarth in White. I wish the pearl white was available but I will muddle through with plain old white....

desmomini
01-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Nope, no official word on pricing.

Scorpion
01-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Got the info from my studio as well, as I'm first in line there too. But, like many others here, I'm going to pass on the Black version.

Fiat500USA
01-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I agree it's a wicked color. Unfortunately, also really wicked hard to keep clean.

I'd rather drive my car than wash it. Probably because I'm old and 'been there and done that'. But I just like the Abarth in White. I wish the pearl white was available but I will muddle through with plain old white....

I have to say, this car looked AWESOME in white!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TvQYfamth98/TsmYWb-IjKI/AAAAAAAAKM4/N5xCI1J7au8/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520005.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-J_6yoGgIAYk/TsmhTlJPsoI/AAAAAAAAKPM/VozQp-O67gU/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520072.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CHjQnKoxeQs/TtLb05Ffc3I/AAAAAAAAKWk/AfPumk64tSA/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520004.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9leTHmlxzOo/TsmiDnvXzwI/AAAAAAAAKP0/AjSXlm9CQXs/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520088.JPG

SeaDawg
01-05-2012, 12:52 AM

+1

Atrus1212
01-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Geeded, Might want to check with your studio again.... because I recieved word yesterday from my Manager that the 3/36 Maintenance is gone for good.... it is no longer offered at all as of yesterday...

desmomini
01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Should look like this:

VTEC Mini
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I like the black because of it's sinister look. I like white too and might even pick it over black but since I live in the dirtiest city in America industrial fall out is a huge problem and shows up so easy on White. A color that would trump both is that dull grey color that we can't get.

GileraWarren
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Does anybody have any idea yet as to the price of the 17" white wheel upgrade on the Abarth? $5? $500? $5000? ballpark?

Bladecutter
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Geeded, Might want to check with your studio again.... because I recieved word yesterday from my Manager that the 3/36 Maintenance is gone for good.... it is no longer offered at all as of yesterday...

Your dealer's on crack.
Go to Fiat USA's website.
Its right on the front of the landing page.

BC.

ftower
01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Just checked with my studio, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as I'm first in line like others here, but I actually want the black version. They commented this first Abarth is for preview/marketing purposes matching the color scheme of L.A. reveal car. At some point it could be sold and I passed on it as well, not knowing how long it would be in the show room before it would be mine. They're hearing March production, but let's hope that turns out to be March delivery!

epb
01-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Sounds like they've just decided to keep theirs!

SeaDawg
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Sounds like they've just decided to keep theirs!

That might be a WISE move as the rumor has it there won't be any demo's to test drive. I'm sure those who decide they definitely want one won't want every Tom Dick and Harry pawing over their 'bambino' before they take delivery.

tensleep
01-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Your dealer's on crack.

BC.

I talked with my dealer yesterday - they gave me a nice courtesy call. When I asked one of my salesmen about the status of Forward Care, he replied that he had found out just that morning that it is no longer offered. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, especially since Fiat still offers it on their website.

SeaDawg
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Your dealer's on crack.

BC.

Sorry BC. I just checked with the Director of one of the local Studios and he confirmed that Forward Care has gone away for cars that have not already been sold. All previous sales are, of course, still covered; unless coverage was declined.

FireDave
01-06-2012, 11:06 AM
I visited my local studio yesterday and the advised me the first Abarth is for preview/marketing purposes only.

luke_vibert_uk
01-06-2012, 01:33 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TvQYfamth98/TsmYWb-IjKI/AAAAAAAAKM4/N5xCI1J7au8/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520005.JPG

Sure does but I can tell you now those wheels are going to need constant cleaning!

geeded
01-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Sure does but I can tell you now those wheels are going to need constant cleaning!

You're right about that. That's why I'm going with the stock 16" wheels. 17"ers White too hard to keep clean, and black, I just don't care for it. The titanium finish is more my style.

Cheers

blefevre
01-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I visited my local studio yesterday and the advised me the first Abarth is for preview/marketing purposes only.

This is what my dealer told me as well. It is for showing/test drives only. It's common for "exciting" vehicles of this type. The Volt had specific demo cars as well that they weren't allowed to sell for a few months.

geeded
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
This is what my dealer told me as well. It is for showing/test drives only. It's common for "exciting" vehicles of this type. The Volt had specific demo cars as well that they weren't allowed to sell for a few months.

That's interesting. The manager of our "Studio" offered it to me and was working his way down the line as I turned it down. I guess he'd rather have the $$ right now. Go figure.

Cheers

MrFiat
01-06-2012, 06:23 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9leTHmlxzOo/TsmiDnvXzwI/AAAAAAAAKP0/AjSXlm9CQXs/s640/Fiat500USA.com-Fiat_500_Abarth_Unveil_pics%252520088.JPG

You've gotta admit, the black looks pretty good, too! :beguiled:

I got a call from the dealer today and they actually put in the order for their first car based on my preferred spec. I asked for white with the 17" titanium wheels and power roof. That's what they ordered! I'm expecting a call any time now that says they can't really do it, but so far, the order is in the works and no one is saying otherwise. ?? If it's white, it's going in my garage. I'll keep you posted.

hail2thetheif
01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Talked with my dealer today as well. The Abarth they are getting early is for test driving and promotional purposes only. BUT it's been spec'd to almost every bit I'm going to order so it will be awesome to see it in person before mine arrives. Only difference is I want to get a moon roof.

Can't wait!

ggravant
01-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Did a couple of chops with different colors for fun. I did not bother changing the wheels yet. I kinda like the sublime green haha!

VTEC Mini
01-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Did a couple of chops with different colors for fun. I did not bother changing the wheels yet. I kinda like the sublime green haha!Very cool!

fiat for life
01-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those black cars that dealers ordered are demo only cars. Official customer ordering is not open yet. And yes the 3/36k maintenance pack is gone. Customer ordering wont be open until february-ish. Our dealer cars should be showing up in march.

geeded
01-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those black cars that dealers ordered are demo only cars. Official customer ordering is not open yet. And yes the 3/36k maintenance pack is gone. Customer ordering wont be open until february-ish. Our dealer cars should be showing up in march.

You would know best, but that doesn't change the fact that the Manager of our "Studio" called to offer me that car when it arrives. And I'm not only person that had this happen (at different Dealers). They obviously either didn't get the message or don't care.

Cheers

desmomini
01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
You would know best, but that doesn't change the fact that the Manager of our "Studio" called to offer me that car when it arrives. And I'm not only person that had this happen (at different Dealers). They obviously either didn't get the message or don't care.

Cheers

Yup. I was offered the car - if I declined, it would be offered to the next in line, etc.

Abarth01
01-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm in the same situation as I was offered the black by my local dealership so I called them up and asked about these being demos. He said that some dealerships may indeed intend to have these first Black Abarths as their one demo. In my case, its mine if I want it so I'm just waiting on pricing to decide if I will actually take delivery. They were not aware of the 3/36 Maintenance Package being gone.

Dwaynek
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Hope we get the same opportunity in Canada!

fiat for life
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Cheers
Im not at all surprised they're trying to move those demo cars. It's a quick, easy and early sale.

500MADNESS.com
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I was on the phone with FIAT CS last week on a different matter and as of Friday they do not have any pricing, options or order information available.

We will be getting one for our shop to play with as soon as one is available.

desmomini
01-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Just got my 8-digit vehicle order number for my Abarth. Apparently FIAT uses similar coding as for Dodge and Chrysler with VONs - no surprise there. Just need to find a site that gives accurate tracking info for FIAT VONs.

FiatGusto
01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Whoopee!!!!!

MrFiat
01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I got a call from the dealer today and they actually put in the order for their first car based on my preferred spec. I asked for white with the 17" titanium wheels and power roof. That's what they ordered! So far, the order is in the works and no one is saying otherwise. ?? I'll keep you posted.

Just a short update. I spoke to the dealer again today, and he insists their demo Abarth is still scheduled to arrive in White [with extra goodies] per my request. I'm still waiting for that to change, but so far the dealership says White is a GO! :indecisiveness: --More on this as it happens--:eagerness:

trevc
01-13-2012, 02:39 PM
My dealer called me, offered it to me, we selected the options and he gave me the Fiat Order number.
Had to be black with the 17" black wheels. I added convenience pkg, sunroof and Tom Tom. Those were the only options available.
He said delivery would be March. I sure hope he is right....

Cheers

trevc
01-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I have my VON too. If you find a way to track the order progress please let us know. Thanks!

Just got my 8-digit vehicle order number for my Abarth. Apparently FIAT uses similar coding as for Dodge and Chrysler with VONs - no surprise there. Just need to find a site that gives accurate tracking info for FIAT VONs.

SeaDawg
01-23-2012, 01:39 AM
You're right about that. That's why I'm going with the stock 16" wheels. 17"ers White too hard to keep clean, and black, I just don't care for it. The titanium finish is more my style.

Cheers

Looks like the 17's on the Abarth come with /45 series tires, same as the Sport tires. Still want the 16's?:)

Have Trumpet Will Travel
01-23-2012, 04:56 AM
Just a short update. I spoke to the dealer again today, and he insists their demo Abarth is still scheduled to arrive in White [with extra goodies] per my request. I'm still waiting for that to change, but so far the dealership says White is a GO! :indecisiveness: --More on this as it happens--:eagerness: WOW, the other "Vintage Abarth Nut" on the forum is going to have another one in his stable. Please keep us posted Jim and two more things: my mechanical engineer friend in Phx., AZ. just phoned and said there's a 1960 Zagato "double-bubble" for sale out there that needs resto for $40K+ and your parting quote about cars, guitars and "the ladies" . . . then wasting the rest makes me laugh without control each time I see it. Could you maybe be my evil twin I never met ? Who knows; however, we seem to be two 60-ish fellows with the common Abarth affinity / fever. HTWT.

MrFiat
01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
WOW, the other "Vintage Abarth Nut" on the forum is going to have another one in his stable. Please keep us posted Jim and two more things: my mechanical engineer friend in Phx., AZ. just phoned and said there's a 1960 Zagato "double-bubble" for sale out there that needs resto for $40K+ and your parting quote about cars, guitars and "the ladies" . . . then wasting the rest makes me laugh without control each time I see it. Could you maybe be my evil twin I never met ? Who knows; however, we seem to be two 60-ish fellows with the common Abarth affinity / fever. HTWT.

Thanks. With a bit of luck I'll have the "other" Abarth soon. I still can't believe it will actually arrive in White since by all accounts it's not supposed to. Still, the dealership insists it will. Time will tell.
$40k for for a 750 Zagato is a bargain these days. Three of them recently sold at auction for $95+k. Last week Bonhams sold a '59 (including buyers premium) for $111,000+ but it was in exceptionally nice condition if not completely original. I suspect that the price will keep going up for a while as the introduction of the new Abarth will make the originals which are in short supply more valuable.
I always wondered whose evil twin I am ---:devilish: --- Now I know -- :tickled_pink: Glad you enjoyed the tag. A good laugh is hard to come by these days!

geeded
01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Looks like the 17's on the Abarth come with /45 series tires, same as the Sport tires. Still want the 16's?:)

I posted a query to Chris to see if it was a misprint. If indeed they have changed the spec to 45 series, I'll be all over them. If not, I'm still holding (sorta) firm on the 16", although I am wavering......:)

Cheers

Fiat500USA
01-24-2012, 02:05 AM

I posted a query to Chris to see if it was a misprint. If indeed they have changed the spec to 45 series, I'll be all over them. If not, I'm still holding (sorta) firm on the 16", although I am wavering......:)

Cheers

No, still have 40s as far as I know...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-byW7GMyMIow/Tx5Gkt7XaYI/AAAAAAAAK1w/MjAFn1oTnp8/s640/Fiat500USA.com-US_Fiat_500_Abarth_Launch%252520210.JPG

luke_vibert_uk
01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
205/40 17 is the standard fit for those wheels (Esseesse Wheels) here in the UK. The 45's are fitted to the 16's.

However be aware of the P Zero Nero's as the picture - they are total plop.

The 17" Esseesse wheels in the UK are fitted as Standard with Michelin Sport Energy, with P Zero Neros standard fit for the 16's.

VTEC Mini
01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
205/40 17 is the standard fit for those wheels (Esseesse Wheels) here in the UK. The 45's are fitted to the 16's.

However be aware of the P Zero Nero's as the picture - they are total plop.

The 17" Esseesse wheels in the UK are fitted as Standard with Michelin Sport Energy, with P Zero Neros standard fit for the 16's.What is bad about the P Zero's?

VTEC Mini
01-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Got an Email from my local dealer. First order are going in February 5th. I asked about when the Demo would arrive for a test drive since one of the salesmen said that test drives will be available. He said there would be no test drives allowed. I told him thanks but it looks like I will be going to L.A. then and best of luck trying to sell a car you can't test drive.

luckymoi
01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
According to Fiat of Fremont those who put down a deposit will be invited to an abarth evening and they alone will be able to test drive the ONE dealer abarth.
It will not sell for msrp according to the salesman I spoke with when my cabrio was being serviced (6 months).
GOOD LUCK with that guys... they tried that on my car too...I walked.
They later did msrp on one I ordered.
What followed was terrible front end communication etc etc as we have all heard over and over.
The car delivered is fine... one bluetoooth issue, that's it.
What a shame buying has to be so incredibly confrontational.