PDA

View Full Version : OEM carbon fiber shift knob

500ways
12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi - Does anyone know where I can find the OEM carbon fiber shift knob? I have seen it in Mopar brochures, but can't seem to physically locate one. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks! Happy New Year! -500ways

Fiat500USA
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi - Does anyone know where I can find the OEM carbon fiber shift knob? I have seen it in Mopar brochures, but can't seem to physically locate one. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks! Happy New Year! -500ways

Does the knob look like this?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ttZhLOlcGGs/TkvUx0lpttI/AAAAAAAAI48/UJ6bEwG-b6g/s640/Fiat500USA-Fiat_500_Shift_Knob_Install%252520047.JPG

Here is a story I did on swapping out the shift knob. (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2011/08/fiat-500-accessories-installing-shift.html)

500ways
12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Does the knob look like this?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ttZhLOlcGGs/TkvUx0lpttI/AAAAAAAAI48/UJ6bEwG-b6g/s640/Fiat500USA-Fiat_500_Shift_Knob_Install%252520047.JPG

Here is a story I did on swapping out the shift knob. (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2011/08/fiat-500-accessories-installing-shift.html)

Hi Chris - It is similar to the picture you provided. The picture above looks like the one from "Black." I remember flipping through a Fiat accessories pamphlet a few months back and it showed an OEM carbon fiber knob. I wish I had jotted down the information. I asked the Studio about it today and they said that all of the items pictured in the pamphlet had not made their way to the Studio yet. They also said that the pamphlet was subject to change and that there was no ETA on the knob. Given that it was shown, I am wondering if it is accessible another way. Do you think "Black" produces the OEM knob for the 500?

Fiat500USA
12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi Chris - It is similar to the picture you provided. The picture above looks like the one from "Black." I remember flipping through a Fiat accessories pamphlet a few months back and it showed an OEM carbon fiber knob. I wish I had jotted down the information. I asked the Studio about it today and they said that all of the items pictured in the pamphlet had not made their way to the Studio yet. They also said that the pamphlet was subject to change and that there was no ETA on the knob. Given that it was shown, I am wondering if it is accessible another way. Do you think "Black" produces the OEM knob for the 500?

Interesting question. Give 500 Madness a call to see.

Dwaynek
12-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Bought a carbon fibre black shifter from 500 madness for my automatic. Poor instructions to install but a greater addition to the car. Looks and feels great!

WIBOB
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
500 Madness has all the BLACK shifters. You can even get one to match the color of your 500 (mines Yellow) :) They do have a video that shows you how to change it out from the factory shifter (Sport model). If you have a POP like I have- you have to use a small screw driver to push the retainer tab in to get the top off to un-bolt the bottom portion. The retainer tabs are located at the 3 and 9 o'clock position looking down at the shifter. It is also held on with an epoxy, so when you push the retainr tab in pry up and the top comes right off.

F500
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I haven't seen a CF knob in any of the 500 Accessory pics I've run across, but sounds cool. if I find some info on a FIAT OE Accessory CF one, I'll post it here for you......part number, price, etc.

I didn't like the cheap looking Black/Chrome Auto Shift Knob on my Sport so I put a Leather "Lounge" Knob on mine. looks MUCH better! :D

SpidArman
01-03-2012, 04:04 PM
What does the Lounge knob look like? I thought Lounges were only available in Automatic?

SeaDawg
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
What does the Lounge knob look like? I thought Lounges were only available in Automatic?

They are. F500 has an AUTOMATIC Sport.

500MADNESS.com
01-04-2012, 03:46 PM
BLACK did a limited run of these for FIAT in Europe. We have asked BLACK to make them again and we expect to have some in about 3-4 weeks and a larger supply in about 2 months to follow.

unknown_eyes
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Bought a carbon fibre black shifter from 500 madness for my automatic. Poor instructions to install but a greater addition to the car. Looks and feels great!

Dwaynek, can you post an after pic of your carbon fibre shifter installed? I would love to see the finished product as I am looking for a simular knob from 500madness for my lounge. I really like the black knob with pearl white accent and think it would look nice with my ivory ambient trim.

Dwaynek
01-04-2012, 10:02 PM
took the picture tonight with my blackberry. It is carbon fiber finish with a red trim ring and fiat symbol. The best thing is the great feel. Feels like a pool ball solid and cool. You can view it in closer detail on the 500madness site. I would recommend it however if you choice to go for it comes with no installation instructions but i can send a detailed e mail on how to do it, very straight forward.901

unknown_eyes
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
took the picture tonight with my blackberry. It is carbon fiber finish with a red trim ring and fiat symbol. The best thing is the great feel. Feels like a pool ball solid and cool. You can view it in closer detail on the 500madness site. I would recommend it however if you choice to go for it comes with no installation instructions but i can send a detailed e mail on how to do it, very straight forward.901

Thanks for the pic, it looks great!!

WIBOB
01-08-2012, 06:13 PM
If you need to now how to replace the Shift Knob, 500Madness has a step by step or video on their web site. No need to wonder how to do it!

Dwaynek
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Video does not apply to automatics, standards only!

500MADNESS.com
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Video does not apply to automatics, standards only!

If anyone ever needs assistance with installing any of the items we offer please do not hesitate to give us a call at 562-981-6800. Most likely we have already installed the item in our shop and can give you assistance.

500ways
01-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I received and installed my new shift knob. I went with MADNESS and chose the BLACK knob with the carbon fiber overlay top and pearl white base. John at MADNESS was very helpful and efficient! The knob is pricey, but the quality is superb!!! It is jewel-like. The gear throws feel better as well since the knob has some weight to it, as opposed to the stock chrome knob. I am happy with my purchase and more impressed with the quality of the product!! 982

janaheim
01-19-2012, 01:30 AM
I received and installed my new shift knob. I went with MADNESS and chose the BLACK knob with the carbon fiber overlay top and pearl white base. John at MADNESS was very helpful and efficient! The knob is pricey, but the quality is superb!!! It is jewel-like. The gear throws feel better as well since the knob has some weight to it, as opposed to the stock chrome knob. I am happy with my purchase and more impressed with the quality of the product!! 982

Very nice! I have a Sport Grigio and I wanna get the same knob, bottom color I don't know. I was thinking black or red, but now I saw yours and I like it. Managia, decisions! What color should John get? Thanks.

Ciao

500ways
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Very nice! I have a Sport Grigio and I wanna get the same knob, bottom color I don't know. I was thinking black or red, but now I saw yours and I like it. Managia, decisions! What color should John get? Thanks.

Ciao

Ciao John - My recommendation for "Gianni" would be as follows: if you go with the dark carbon fiber top like mine, I would mate that with either the chrome base or the black base.

My other suggestion would be the lighter colored carbon fiber top with black base. I think these three combinations work best with your grigio interior.

Red is cool, no doubt. The problem with it is that there is no other red item in the car - it would just stand out without any complement.

Let me know what you decide. Buona giornata!

Fix it again Tony
02-04-2012, 03:25 AM
You could probably add some red with a leather boot, I think I saw one for sale somewhere...

FiatPhil
02-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Ciao John - My recommendation for "Gianni" would be as follows: if you go with the dark carbon fiber top like mine, I would mate that with either the chrome base or the black base.

My other suggestion would be the lighter colored carbon fiber top with black base. I think these three combinations work best with your grigio interior.

Red is cool, no doubt. The problem with it is that there is no other red item in the car - it would just stand out without any complement.

Let me know what you decide. Buona giornata!

Do red brake calipers count as a complimentary color?

500ways
02-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Do red brake calipers count as a complimentary color?

IMO, not for the interior shift knob.

500MADNESS.com
02-04-2012, 01:28 PM
You could probably add some red with a leather boot, I think I saw one for sale somewhere...

Here are some options that we offer in Red:

You can find our entire selection of Gear Shift Boots here:

http://www.500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=38_73

DavidF
10-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Hi, Anyone have experience with the Mopar replacement shift knob. I just received one and it is three/four inches long and tapered. I don't see how it will fit my shift (manual). I gather from this thread that manual and automatics have different shifters. I only test drove manuals and never paid attention to the shifter in any automatics I saw. Thanks in advance for the help. Just got my 500 and don't want to keep making these mistakes!

Berliner
10-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Davidf, i had the same Problem i ordered a Shiftknob from Ebay original Mopar Part. Part Number 822 124 68 says it is for the 5 Speed. It does not work. The 5 Speed got a Nut on Top under the Cover and it will not fit. The Quality is cheap it feels flimsy. So save your and get a Shiftknob from Black. Much better.

Btw the Mopar is made in South Korea.

Here is the Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-500-500c-Shift-Knob-Chrome-82212468-/290731960767?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b0f9a9bf&vxp=mtr

However my Basset Hounds love to play with the Mopar Part. I guess the Shiftknob turns out to be a great Toy for Hounds.