PDA

View Full Version : US Fiat 500 Abarth Price and Other Rumors

Fiat500USA
12-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/wu0h0TSmBTE/us-fiat-500-abarth-price-and-other.html)

buzzny
12-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/wu0h0TSmBTE/us-fiat-500-abarth-price-and-other.html)

Wow. Start at $22,500. Now that's cool.

Itgb
12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
$22,500 is exactly where the Abarth should be priced. Hope it is true.

sk8ace
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Kool! so that means it will come to 23k including the destination fee? I can swing that :-)

sjmst
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Win. I see it.

geeded
12-23-2011, 02:39 PM
$22,500 is exactly where the Abarth should be priced. Hope it is true.

As you state, exactly where a lot of us have been saying it should be priced. Maybe the FIAT mavens even read these Posts... and more importantly, didn't dismiss them out of hand.

At a $22.5k price point (and with a mid-range power increase coming for below the Abarth), perhaps FIAT has turned a corner and has people in charge who actually want to sell to more than FIAT enthusiasts, commuters & "city folk". Now bump the base engine to 115-120hp and you'll be GTG.

Whoever is in charge... keep it up. These (including the new 4-door) are all good, smart moves. We're with you!

Ciao

(Chris, you might want to link this thread over to the Abarth forum.)

500ways
12-23-2011, 03:23 PM
As you state, exactly where a lot of us have been saying it should be priced. Maybe the FIAT mavens even read these Posts... and more importantly, don't dismiss them out of hand.

At a $22.5k price point (and with a mid-range power increase coming for below the Abarth), perhaps FIAT has turned a corner and has people in charge actually want to sell to more than FIAT enthusiasts, commuters & "city folk". Now bump the base engine to 115-120hp and you'll be GTG.

Whoever is in charge... keep it up. These (including the new 4-door) are all good, smart moves. We're with you!

Ciao

(Chris, you might want to link this thread over to the Abarth forum.)

Now we're talking! In due time, it will all come together.

fiat for life
12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
damn it feels good to be right all the time :)

KhalilWilliams
12-23-2011, 04:54 PM
$22,500 for a 500 Abarth! That's what I like to hear! And a possible higher-powered version of the Cinquecento?!

Scorpion
12-24-2011, 12:51 AM
If this turns out to be true, it's going to make my next car decision very difficult! :D

blefevre
12-24-2011, 01:20 AM
That is a perfect price. That leaves plenty of room for options and it will still be under 25k. I am glad I am waiting.

VTEC Mini
12-24-2011, 01:02 PM
That is an excellent price! With that price it is no longer an issue and I will just and half to watch it's reliability.

geeded
12-24-2011, 01:07 PM
In case you didn't see it, here is the latest comment from the home page announcement... Very interesting but as always, YMMV:

Anonymous said...

Here is another reliable source, the Abarth will be priced at $22,700 however not sure if that includes destination. The picture here as the Elle Zero is not correct. It is close, but it will be restyled for american tastes. The FIAT 500t will be priced at $19,500 and be styled after the sport with performance upgrades under the hood and drivetrain. Here is the real news, FIAT has greatly underestimated the interest in the Abarth, there will not be enough to fill the orders at all of the studios to begin with. So, if you want one I suggest you contact your local studio fast, and place your order. FIAT has not begun accepting orders yet, but the studios are taking them so the second the system open up for orders they can be placed. Sold orders will be given first priority.

VTEC Mini
12-24-2011, 02:20 PM
In case you didn't see it, here is the latest comment from the home page announcement... Very interesting but as always, YMMV:

Anonymous said...

Here is another reliable source, the Abarth will be priced at $22,700 however not sure if that includes destination. The picture here as the Elle Zero is not correct. It is close, but it will be restyled for american tastes. The FIAT 500t will be priced at $19,500 and be styled after the sport with performance upgrades under the hood and drivetrain. Here is the real news, FIAT has greatly underestimated the interest in the Abarth, there will not be enough to fill the orders at all of the studios to begin with. So, if you want one I suggest you contact your local studio fast, and place your order. FIAT has not begun accepting orders yet, but the studios are taking them so the second the system open up for orders they can be placed. Sold orders will be given first priority.Just another reason to wait......

hail2thetheif
12-26-2011, 11:12 PM
So happy I'm a sold order. :D

Have Trumpet Will Travel
12-26-2011, 11:36 PM
This will seal the deal for me at this price point. I had feared the price would be closer to $25K and since I don't option-up cars when I buy them, this is GOOD news! It is also very good news for the FIAT (Abarth, too) brand. Very good timing and should prove to be good for FIAT. At my family's Christmas gathering yesterday all my nephews could ask is: Is it an Abarth? (about our "Pop"), so to me this proves that the interest is certainly there, when the 30-some crowd knows about the upcoming delights on the automotive front. $22K & change places the Abarth 500 solidly where the base Cooper "S" was nine years ago when we bought our 2003. CIAO - HTWT.

janaheim
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
The Abarth should start at $21000 max. Figure the Sport starts at $17500, adding the turbo engine should add about $1500 more, brakes/steering/suspension enhancements another $1000 and interior upgrades another $1000. Total starting price: $21000. Adding the sunroof, leather package w/heated front seats, audio upgrade w/Sirius, automatic climate control, alarm and navi, figure on another $3000. Fully loaded should be around $24-25K. Any more than that and there are other cars worth considering in that price range, such as the upcoming Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Ford Focus ST, Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ twins and Hyundai Genesis 2.0T, as well as the present MazdaSpeed 3, Mini Cooper S and Honda Civic Si. Fiat needs to sell cars in the US. So far it's been slow, to put it kindly. Don't price the Abarth so high or make it exclusive so few rich people will buy it. If priced right, this will bring in more potential buyers to the dealer lots. I can't stress it enough. Fiat needs to sell cars in America!

hail2thetheif
12-29-2011, 09:53 PM
I would be super surprised if it was $21000. I don't see them going lower than $22,500. A lounge is $19,500 and a lounge convertible is $23,500. I can't imagine they would undercut those prices with another edition. I would guess it falls right in-between the two.

Hopefully we will all find out at the Detroit Auto Show on Jan 9th.

DLAbarth
12-30-2011, 05:18 PM
As a current Euro model owner here in Germany(from the US), this is good news! My car was about 20,000-Euro's so frankly thats not far off the mark(not counting the exchange rate). I may or may not be back in the US in about 3 yrs, and Im considering a US model Abarth of course in case I move back.

I have had so much fun with my euro Abarth rocket!!! Who ever is serious about this car will be pleased. It is a blast, fun, great looking(I still get inquiries/looks/questions) at gas stations here in Germany!!! The car is out now 3+ yrs here in Germany! I had a Cooper-S and it can only wish to have this much personality!!!

VTEC Mini
12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
As a current Euro model owner here in Germany(from the US), this is good news! My car was about 20,000-Euro's so frankly thats not far off the mark(not counting the exchange rate). I may or may not be back in the US in about 3 yrs, and Im considering a US model Abarth of course in case I move back.

I have had so much fun with my euro Abarth rocket!!! Who ever is serious about this car will be pleased. It is a blast, fun, great looking(I still get inquiries/looks/questions) at gas stations here in Germany!!! The car is out now 3+ yrs here in Germany! I had a Cooper-S and it can only wish to have this much personality!!!I like!

spindoc
12-30-2011, 09:57 PM
I would be super surprised if it was $21000. I don't see them going lower than $22,500. A lounge is $19,500 and a lounge convertible is $23,500. I can't imagine they would undercut those prices with another edition. I would guess it falls right in-between the two.

Hopefully we will all find out at the Detroit Auto Show on Jan 9th.

You may not be too far off the mark. However, numbers as low as $21,500 have been mentioned since the dealers' pre-Christmas Orlando meeting - which of course is "right in-between" the prices of the other models you've referenced.

In any event, I think you're right about the pricing being announced at the Detroit show. And at that point we should be able to put in our orders!

KhalilWilliams
12-31-2011, 01:00 AM

I have had so much fun with my euro Abarth rocket!!! Who ever is serious about this car will be pleased. It is a blast, fun, great looking(I still get inquiries/looks/questions) at gas stations here in Germany!!! The car is out now 3+ yrs here in Germany! I had a Cooper-S and it can only wish to have this much personality!!!

I know I will! I'm also looking forward to seeing the upcoming FIAT 500T, as well as the American début of the FIAT wagon (ElleZero); given that they deck it out with some of the same features as that of the 500, and then some, as well as build it to such a high standard, make it Top Safety Pick-worthy material on a decent number of crash safety tests (IIHS, EuroNCAP, and even NHTSA) and make it highly economical and fun to drive (in typical FIAT fashion), I would be confident that the upcoming offering could be a hit with the FIAT brand. And let me not get started on the Abarth 500! :D

Doodles
01-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow. Start at $22,500. Now that's cool.

I won't believe it until I see it.
The primas weren't much less than that. (out the door).
The abarth seems to be much more car than the P E 's.
It makes you wonder if you should have waited...

Bruce Winter
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I called my dealer and changed my color to griglio (grey). He volunteered the price at $24,000

SeaDawg
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
It makes you wonder if you should have waited...

Isn't that what Marketing is all about?!

VTEC Mini
01-02-2012, 11:49 PM
I called my dealer and changed my color to griglio (grey). He volunteered the price at $24,000What options?

epb
01-03-2012, 05:03 AM
What options?

I suspect that's base - $23,500 + $500 destination...

VTEC Mini
01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
I suspect that's base - $23,500 + $500 destination...

Hhhhhhmmmmmm I thought the rumor was $22,500? Oh well, time will tell. It's all good, a grand difference is not that much anyway.

geeded
01-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Hhhhhhmmmmmm I thought the rumor was $22,500? Oh well, time will tell. It's all good, a grand difference is not that much anyway.

For myself, and considering the current state of the FIAT 'launch', I believe that $22,500 is the sweet spot (unless Motor Trend -who said $21.5k - knows something we all don't). Anything higher than $22.5k is penny wise and pound foolish IMO.

Cheers

eatworksleepdie
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Talking with a couple of folks that work at Chrysler HQ (engineers etc), they did not seem to think it was going to be in the 23,500-24,500 range, but much higher. 2 folks at Chrysler told me that now.. fingers x'd they are wrong. it's all rumor though until it's posted.

geeded
01-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Talking with a couple of folks that work at Chrysler HQ (engineers etc), they did not seem to think it was going to be in the 23,500-24,500 range, but much higher. 2 folks at Chrysler told me that now.. fingers x'd they are wrong. it's all rumor though until it's posted.

Interesting.... but hghly unlikely I think. If FIAT was that stupid, they'd be out of business pronto. With the limited standard options, I see no way it could be marketed in that rarified range. If it did come in that high, you could always buy an Abarth and own one of the 6 sold in all of the USA...

Latest from C&D is that the Focus ST is going to start below $25k to undercut the GTI so it's not exactly a seller's market out there.

Cheers

buzzny
01-03-2012, 07:41 PM

I just gotta chime in with this: The company I work for prices the product where they think the price is above the actual cost. Realistically, They be loosing $$. REALLY. Man, I am soooooo glad no one else owns a Fiat where I work! because they'd know who wrote this! I guess they don't take my labor into account - chuckle, chuckle...

Signed, One of the silly engineers who invents their product.:rapture:

sportbiker
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
The company I work for prices the product where they think the price is above the actual cost. Realistically, They be loosing $$. REALLY. Man, I am soooooo glad no one else owns a Fiat where I work! because they'd know who wrote this! I guess they don't take my labor into account.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you wrote. Can you try again, please?

buzzny
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Sorry, Management thinks 'yea, this is what it cost $, so let's sell for this $$'. BUT in reality it cost this $$. So, Putting it on the market at 1st they (manufacturer) may actually break even or even loose money (remember, at 1st) the reality sets in, thinking we've got a product that can sell - then price goes to where it should be.

VTEC Mini
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I just gotta chime in with this: The company I work for prices the product where they think the price is above the actual cost. Realistically, They be loosing $$. REALLY. Man, I am soooooo glad no one else owns a Fiat where I work! because they'd know who wrote this! I guess they don't take my labor into account - chuckle, chuckle...

Signed, One of the silly engineers who invents their product.:rapture:

Sorry, Management thinks 'yea, this is what it cost $, so let's sell for this $$'. BUT in reality it cost this $$. So, Putting it on the market at 1st they (manufacturer) may actually break even or even loose money (remember, at 1st) the reality sets in, thinking we've got a product that can sell - then price goes to where it should be.Not sure if thats much better...

geeded
01-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Not sure if thats much better...

Maybe he's saying that sometimes companies sell at a loss to build business and then raise the price..... or not, I'm not really sure........