PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Borla exhaust on Youtube!

mneuman916
12-22-2011, 10:58 PM
https://youtu.be/NfIs99nmVkw

Me thinks I like! :)

Alvon Elrod
12-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Hey,
That's my car, PE #18! Thanks for posting. I've never seen this video comparison, and didn't even know that Borla did the Dyno Testing. No wonder the Eco Drive numbers dropped down a notch or 2 for the week that they had the car. :eagerness:

The video doesn't show it, but the system really has a nice mellow tone at idle. And you can detect the mellow note at all driving speeds, though it's fairly subtle, so as not to be a noisy bother. The dyno shows a gain in performance, which confirms my observations that gas mpg seems to have moved up a notch since the system was installed.

Alvon

Scorpion
12-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Has MSRP been set yet on these?

Have Trumpet Will Travel
12-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Nothing against the Borla system, I considered one for our 2003 Cooper "S". For our new FIAT I intend to run the Magnaflow #15088 system because it is a direct bolt-on whereas the Borla requires that you cut the stock pipe to install it. Also, Summit Racing will ship the Magnaflow for free and it saves almost $100 overall. Will post my results after install - will be using this system along with the RoadRace Motorsports C.A.I. that I put on the car two months ago. CIAO - HTWT.

mneuman916
12-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Nothing against the Borla system, I considered one for our 2003 Cooper "S". For our new FIAT I intend to run the Magnaflow #15088 system because it is a direct bolt-on whereas the Borla requires that you cut the stock pipe to install it. Also, Summit Racing will ship the Magnaflow for free and it saves almost $100 overall. Will post my results after install - will be using this system along with the RoadRace Motorsports C.A.I. that I put on the car two months ago. CIAO - HTWT.

That's the biggest negative with the Borla - cutting the pipe. At least it's easily reversable with a quick trip to a muffler shop. Still the Magnaflow is about $80 bucks more than what I can get the Borla for shipped. My biggest concern with the Magnaflow is how loud it is when cruising the highway. I'll be interested to see peoples opinion of cabin drone once more people get it installed. It does have a nice sound - I'm just not sure it would be the best choice for me driving mostly highway for my daily commute. I'm thinking I'll wait to pull the trigger on an exhaust until after Carlisle in May. I'm hoping there may be someone there who has one or the other installed.

Edit: I'd also like to see dyno results for the Magnaflow. I have yet to see any posted anywhere. :(

unknown_eyes
12-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Has MSRP been set yet on these?

500madness has the borla exhaust for $799.

I like the sound but also wonder about the drone inside the cabin. I had a custom exhausted fitted on my last car (a 2011 elantra), using off the shelf magnaflow components and was very unhappy with the amount of noise it produced at highway speeds. I removed it after about a month and switched back to stock.

I would consider the borla kit, but would not mind hearing some feedback from others who have installed it 1st.

mneuman916
12-25-2011, 06:47 PM

I like the sound but also wonder about the drone inside the cabin. I had a custom exhausted fitted on my last car (a 2011 elantra), using off the shelf magnaflow components and was very unhappy with the amount of noise it produced at highway speeds. I removed it after about a month and switched back to stock.

I would consider the borla kit, but would not mind hearing some feedback from others who have installed it 1st.

www.autoanything.com has the Borla for a hair over $660 shipped - i'll link to it later as im currently on my mobile. Madness is asking way too much.

Alvon Elrod
12-25-2011, 07:00 PM

I like the sound but also wonder about the drone inside the cabin. I would consider the borla kit, but would not mind hearing some feedback from others who have installed it 1st.

Very little noticeable sound inside the cabin. You can blame (thank) me for that. Borla borrowed our PE #18 for their development testing for the exhaust. I emphasized very strongly that I don't like noisey exhaust sound, other than a nice mellow note at idle, and that's pretty much what they built. You can hear it to some degree at all speeds, but very minimal.

Alvon

KhalilWilliams
12-25-2011, 07:14 PM
https://youtu.be/NfIs99nmVkw

Me thinks I like! :)
I see your "like" and raise you a big "WANT!!!!" This makes the car sound killer!!! Sign me up for the first group of people that gets one of this bad boys please! Despite the fact that I don't have a Cinquecento of my own, yet still plan on getting one in the not too distant future.

small car lover
12-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Very little noticeable sound inside the cabin. You can blame (thank) me for that. Borla borrowed our PE #18 for their development testing for the exhaust. I emphasized very strongly that I don't like noisey exhaust sound, other than a nice mellow note at idle, and that's pretty much what they built. You can hear it to some degree at all speeds, but very minimal.

Alvon

Hands down that is the best aftermarket exhaust I have heard. I think you have the tone and volume perfect. I have used other supposed "mellow" exhausts on different vehicles and never been fully happy with the result. Yours is the first I have heard that I could actually live with. Great job, Congrats!

2wheels4me
12-26-2011, 11:14 AM

Alvon

That is most likely what I would want from an exhaust. Maybe sometime I could check it out, as I live in Moorpark, only twenty miles away. Curious: What other mods (if any) have you done? Intake? That can certainly increase the engine's in-cabin presence, often too much. I was thinking K&N drop-in and Borla, with the Road Race ECU add-on. From the video, your suspension appears to be stock height; no mods there to discuss, correct?

Alvon Elrod
12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Borla was looking for a car that is completely stock to do their development (for fitment and perfomance reasons). My car had no other mods at the time -- though since then, I have added the spare tire kit, and there is no fitment issue with that. I don't plan to change anything else. I like the car just the way it is.

Borla also tested and developed a system on Mark Allison's Prima. His car has a lowered sport suspension, additional stabilizers, a cold air intake, different wheels and brakes, and perhaps other mods. They may have developed a more distinctive sound to match the mood of his car -- I don't know for sure.

You're welcome to come drive my car any time. I'm off from work this week, but I'll be keeping myself busy. Give me a call if interested.

Alvon
805-338-1767

500MADNESS.com
12-26-2011, 02:22 PM
www.autoanything.com has the Borla for a hair over $660 shipped - i'll link to it later as im currently on my mobile. Madness is asking way too much.

The difference is that we actually have the system in stock. The other vendor is a drop shipper and do not have the unit in stock and cannot provide you the system unless you are willing to wait for a couple of months. Give them a call and you will see for yourself. Call and ask if you buy it now can they ship it to you and when. Autoanything is notorious for selling products they do not have in stock, collecting funds and then notifying you that you have to wait.

We actually have the units, invested in inventory and spent the money shipping them in. We are selling them below the manufacturers retail price. The other vendor is selling them at a lower price, but cannot deliver.

500MADNESS.com
12-26-2011, 02:27 PM

The difference between Magnaflow and Borla is the following:

Borla has a higher quality of steel
Borla designed and manufactured the muffler specifically for the 500, Magnaflow typically uses one of their existing units and simply makes the piping to fit the car.
By designing the muffler specifically for the car Borla can create a distinct sound and engineer the system to extract the most performance.

We have fitted the Borla unit to a 500 last week. The sound was nice, the look was great and most importantly the customer was very happy.

2wheels4me
12-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Borla was looking for a car that is completely stock to do their development (for fitment and perfomance reasons). My car had no other mods at the time -- though since then, I have added the spare tire kit, and there is no fitment issue with that. I don't plan to change anything else. I like the car just the way it is.

Borla also tested and developed a system on Mark Allison's Prima. His car has a lowered sport suspension, additional stabilizers, a cold air intake, different wheels and brakes, and perhaps other mods. They may have developed a more distinctive sound to match the mood of his car -- I don't know for sure.

You're welcome to come drive my car any time. I'm off from work this week, but I'll be keeping myself busy. Give me a call if interested.

Alvon
805-338-1767

Well, let me (a not-yet owner of a Fiat) say a couple of things. I called Alvon and he graciously allowed me (and my son) to come visit and check out and drive his white, Borla-ized P.E. 500 that is the star of the show in the video. I GREATLY enjoyed doing an extended drive on town streets, back roads and highways, and on the freeway in his car. We had me (190lbs), my son (180 lbs) and Alvon (I won't guess his svelte weight) all in the car, and yet it pulled nicely and sounded great. The Borla is totally right for that car sonically; it talks but does not yell. The tone is excellent and sounds like a proper Italian (Mexican?) car. It felt stronger to me than the Fiat I test drove a few weeks ago, also with my son in the car AND a salesman from the Thousand Oaks Fiat dealer, a similar load to what we did with Alvon's car. I think that with just me or with my skinny wife in tow, acceleration would then REALLY be more than adequate.

I have a pretty powerful car now, a 335i whose lease is ending in March, but frankly most of the time I upshift to lower revs and putt around. Sure I hit it now and then, but mostly rely on its supreme low-rpm torque. As competent and wonderful as it is, the Fiat is more fun and costs one third of what an equivalent BMW would. I have some tough decisions to make, and Alvon made it tougher with his wonderful little car.

Borla did a great job with this exhaust (I have had many modded cars, trucks, and motorcycles); it is just right. It will be on my for-sure list if I pull the trigger on a 500. It is entertaining on the outside, noticeable but unobtrusive on the inside, and makes the car peppier. I believe that Alvon says he's getting a bit better mileage now, too. His gauge showed 42 mpg.

And Alvon was an incredible host, letting a complete stranger drive his car. He also showed us and started up his beautiful red 124.

Thanks a LOT, Alvon! Nice car, nice person, nice exhaust.

buzzny
12-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Hats off to you Alvon, a truly proud Fiat representative.
That being said and you 2Wheels4Me having driven the 500, the only question left is...Can you REALLY wait for that lease to end before getting one of these buggys?!? (Maybe BUGgys isn't a good choice of words) snicker, snicker...I go nutz when I have to drive one of our other vehicles and not the 500.

2wheels4me
12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Hats off to you Alvon, a truly proud Fiat representative.
That being said and you 2Wheels4Me having driven the 500, the only question left is...Can you REALLY wait for that lease to end before getting one of these buggys?!? (Maybe BUGgys isn't a good choice of words) snicker, snicker...I go nutz when I have to drive one of our other vehicles and not the 500.

We checked at the dealer and for the combo I would want (Sport, Verde Chiaro, Manual, the two packages, mebbe "nav"), it looks like we'd have to order (7-8 weeks) anyway. Having said that, I was almost ready to say "order one" at the dealer today. I was really close, but I knew I still had the drive of Alvon's car to do.

As it stands, I do have a deposit on an all-new 2012 BMW 335i (technically refundable) that is being built. However, the dealer is not sure that the as-yet-unreleased lease terms will allow the cost to be within my budget. They think they will know in a week or two; I set a dollar threshold that they have to meet. It would be a very sweet (metallic black over red leather with sport adjustable suspension), powerful (300+ HP) and efficient (regenerative braking, stop/start, 8-speed ZF auto with paddles, 32.7 mpg(!) in Euro combined cycle) car that is very convincing to my four-time-BMW brain, but the idea of the little green car is winning my heart and pocketbook (as I get closer to retiring, I'm 59, for God's sake).

This is gonna be a very tough one. I am very torn, but today leaning FIAT! God I love cool vehicles. Always have.

janaheim
12-27-2011, 12:04 AM

Hi, I noticed that you have 500 Sport Grigio. I too just bought one. Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of your car? Also, how is the ride as opposed to stock, acceleration, mpg? Thank you. Here's a couple of pictures of my car, stock, no mods.

luckymoi
12-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Beautiful car!

Alvon Elrod
12-27-2011, 01:00 AM
@ Janaheim: The Red and Green Stripe is a realy nice accent on the Grigio. Nice choice.

@ 2wheels4me: Thanks for the kind words, John. You know more about these cars than 90% of the folks who own them, and that means a lot when you consider that most that have these cars know them quite well. John impressed me as very well schooled in what makes cars and bikes tick, and how to get the most out of them. My appreciation for the Borla design has increased more and more as I rack up the miles, but hearing John's feedback has taken my 'like' level up another whole notch or two!

Alvon

mneuman916
12-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi, I noticed that you have 500 Sport Grigio. I too just bought one. Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of your car? Also, how is the ride as opposed to stock, acceleration, mpg? Thank you. Here's a couple of pictures of my car, stock, no mods.

Check out my first post in this link - it shows the before and after I lowered the car. I'm hoping to tint my windows very soon. :-) http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?4433-My-Impression-Eibach-Pro-Lowering-Springs

Edit: to answer your other two questions - the Injen intake seems to give a slight bump in the pull department, especially at highway speeds. Just seems to breathe a little better and the sounds is nice too! As for MPG to be perfectly honest I was only on my third tank of gas when I put it on - so I really have little experience with MPG history before the mod. Any questions about the springs can be answered by following my link above. :D

mneuman916
12-27-2011, 10:35 PM
The difference is that we actually have the system in stock. The other vendor is a drop shipper and do not have the unit in stock and cannot provide you the system unless you are willing to wait for a couple of months. Give them a call and you will see for yourself. Call and ask if you buy it now can they ship it to you and when. Autoanything is notorious for selling products they do not have in stock, collecting funds and then notifying you that you have to wait.

We actually have the units, invested in inventory and spent the money shipping them in. We are selling them below the manufacturers retail price. The other vendor is selling them at a lower price, but cannot deliver.

I appreciate the enthusiastic response - but since the exhaust is not crucial to the operation of my vehicle and I'm in no rush I'll take the over $130 savings and put it toward something else while I wait for stock. ;-)

2wheels4me
12-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I called Borla in Oxnard CA today. The representative said that what they are selling for the 500 is the SAME as what was fitted to Alvon's car. He also said that they are/will be made at their plant in Tennessee. He also said that Tennessee is where their stock resides as well, and they do sell them for ~$732. However, doing a dry-run checkout, shipping was more than $70. And finally, no, they will not install at their Oxnard location (near Alvon and me), but it would be a one-hour job at ANY muffler shop.

janaheim
12-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Check out my first post in this link - it shows the before and after I lowered the car. I'm hoping to tint my windows very soon. :-) http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?4433-My-Impression-Eibach-Pro-Lowering-Springs

Edit: to answer your other two questions - the Injen intake seems to give a slight bump in the pull department, especially at highway speeds. Just seems to breathe a little better and the sounds is nice too! As for MPG to be perfectly honest I was only on my third tank of gas when I put it on - so I really have little experience with MPG history before the mod. Any questions about the springs can be answered by following my link above. :D

Thanks. I like your car lowered. I think I'll do the same thing when I get my tax return.

500MADNESS.com
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I appreciate the enthusiastic response - but since the exhaust is not crucial to the operation of my vehicle and I'm in no rush I'll take the over $130 savings and put it toward something else while I wait for stock. ;-)

Please keep in mind that we do price matching and guarantee the lowest price on everything we sell. If you see the same item for less somewhere else and would like to order it from us instead we will price match.

The reason I was mentioning the issue with Autoanything is so people that mention the price differences understand why one company sells for less. Hey don't have the product in stock and cannot deliver for well over a month after you pay for it.

We made the investment and spent the extra money to have it shipped in to our warehouse.

We only have 2 units left in stock. If you would like to get a system let me know and we will honor the other vendors price. The only difference is that by purchasing from us you will get the system faster and you will be supporting a local small business that focuses on 500

So, if you would like to order drop me a pm on this forum with your contact info. We are closed this week for the holidays, but I will reach out to you personally, process the order and we will ship it out to you on Monday.

Respectfully,
Boris

mneuman916
12-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Please keep in mind that we do price matching and guarantee the lowest price on everything we sell. If you see the same item for less somewhere else and would like to order it from us instead we will price match.

The reason I was mentioning the issue with Autoanything is so people that mention the price differences understand why one company sells for less. Hey don't have the product in stock and cannot deliver for well over a month after you pay for it.

We made the investment and spent the extra money to have it shipped in to our warehouse.

We only have 2 units left in stock. If you would like to get a system let me know and we will honor the other vendors price. The only difference is that by purchasing from us you will get the system faster and you will be supporting a local small business that focuses on 500

So, if you would like to order drop me a pm on this forum with your contact info. We are closed this week for the holidays, but I will reach out to you personally, process the order and we will ship it out to you on Monday.

Respectfully,
Boris

Boris - thank you for an unexpected but very appreciated response! You have a PM!

2wheels4me
12-29-2011, 11:39 AM
@ 2wheels4me: Thanks for the kind words, John. You know more about these cars than 90% of the folks who own them, and that means a lot when you consider that most that have these cars know them quite well. John impressed me as very well schooled in what makes cars and bikes tick, and how to get the most out of them. My appreciation for the Borla design has increased more and more as I rack up the miles, but hearing John's feedback has taken my 'like' level up another whole notch or two!

Alvon

Thanks, Alvon. I just noticed your PM; reply sent!

tensleep
01-03-2012, 10:03 PM

Respectfully,
BorisNow that's a great way to do business. I wish I had the spare cash for one of these exhausts.

2wheels4me
01-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I just had them install the Borla on my 4-day-old Sport, slotting me in on a vacation day I had previously arranged to take off. The Borla is wonderful sounding, yet non-intrusive, and really helps the 1.4 pull when revving. Madness folks are great to deal with. Not only did they take care of the exhaust, I got a set of their own progressive springs installed as well that greatly improved handling with little-to-no impact on ride. Also dropped the car about an inch and a quarter, looking just right to me.

After installation, I hit the Santa Monica Mountains canyon roads hard, far better than I could Sunday when we went on a similar route during a group drive. I chased a Mustang GT all the way up Topanga Canyon from the beach; he tried but couldn't shake me, despite the roar from his exhaust from trying. The little green car would enter a curve flatter than before with less nose dive on braking, and then stay flatter, with the extra yank from the Borla at revs helping to stabilize the chassis through each turn. Many hills that demanded second gear could be had with third without downshifting. I am thrilled with the upgrade.

500MADNESS.com
01-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I called Borla in Oxnard CA today. The representative said that what they are selling for the 500 is the SAME as what was fitted to Alvon's car. He also said that they are/will be made at their plant in Tennessee. He also said that Tennessee is where their stock resides as well, and they do sell them for ~$732. However, doing a dry-run checkout, shipping was more than $70. And finally, no, they will not install at their Oxnard location (near Alvon and me), but it would be a one-hour job at ANY muffler shop.

The interesting part of this is they offered them for $730 with $70 shipping for a total of about $800 and we offer them for $799 with free shipping.

As 2wheels4me will probably tell you we will match and beat any competitors price on this and every item we offer to the community. Just give us a call and we will be glad to assist.
Don

500MADNESS.com
01-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I just had them install the Borla on my 4-day-old Sport, slotting me in on a vacation day I had previously arranged to take off. The Borla is wonderful sounding, yet non-intrusive, and really helps the 1.4 pull when revving. Madness folks are great to deal with. Not only did they take care of the exhaust, I got a set of their own progressive springs installed as well that greatly improved handling with little-to-no impact on ride. Also dropped the car about an inch and a quarter, looking just right to me.

It was great to meet you and we are glad you like your new additions!

Thank you for posting your positive feedback. Hope you like your BLACK Gear Shift Knob and your BLACK Doorsills as well. ;-)

500MADNESS.com
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Now that's a great way to do business. I wish I had the spare cash for one of these exhausts.

Thank you!

Our goal is to treat our fellow drivers the way we would like to be treated. It is that simple and we have built our company with this as our ultimate goal. If we take care of our drivers they will take care of us.

If at anytime our service is not up to your personal standards please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Respectfully,
Boris T.
Principal
MADNESS Autoworks
Home of:
500 MADNESS

2wheels4me
01-05-2012, 12:38 AM
It was great to meet you and we are glad you like your new additions!

Thank you for posting your positive feedback. Hope you like your BLACK Gear Shift Knob and your BLACK Doorsills as well. ;-)

Can't forget the new plushier four-piece Fiat floormats, and the ever-so-important red Fiat-emblem valve-stem caps! The black over red aluminum billet gear shift knob looks very cool indeed and adds a bit of momentum to the shift motion, actually smoothing it a bit relative to the insubstantial stock item (yes, really).

The car is turning well, sounding good and looking good. I had crowds around it at work today for it's debut. Most folks were very, very surprised and impressed by it.

I really recommend those Madness 1.2-inch-drop progresive springs. Most brake dive and roll when turning has been eliminated, and the ride is largely intact, as promised. Much quicker in turns.

The Borla is perfect in both performance and sound. EVERYONE loves the sound, including folks without the "moto-gene" that all of us forum folks have. The car definitely pulls harder and maintains speed up hills better.

Next is the RRM timing controller when they become available again...An extra few HP would still be nice.

500MADNESS.com
01-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Can't forget the new plushier four-piece Fiat floormats, and the ever-so-important red Fiat-emblem valve-stem caps! The black over red aluminum billet gear shift knob looks very cool indeed and adds a bit of momentum to the shift motion, actually smoothing it a bit relative to the insubstantial stock item (yes, really).

The car is turning well, sounding good and looking good. I had crowds around it at work today for it's debut. Most folks were very, very surprised and impressed by it.

I really recommend those Madness 1.2-inch-drop progresive springs. Most brake dive and roll when turning has been eliminated, and the ride is largely intact, as promised. Much quicker in turns.

The Borla is perfect in both performance and sound. EVERYONE loves the sound, including folks without the "moto-gene" that all of us forum folks have. The car definitely pulls harder and maintains speed up hills better.

Next is the RRM timing controller when they become available again...An extra few HP would still be nice.

Glad you are liking all your new additions!

The valve caps should add about 20 Horsepower alone! ;-)

janaheim
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Do you have any pictures of your car? I'm thinking of having my car lowered and getting the Borla exhaust as well by 500madness. Thanks.

John

2wheels4me
01-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Do you have any pictures of your car? I'm thinking of having my car lowered and getting the Borla exhaust as well by 500madness. Thanks.

John

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo.jpg

2wheels4me
01-07-2012, 11:02 PM
After lowering:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-2.jpg
Below, before lowering (shot by dealer in Arizona, hence color shift), also from higher point of view, so looks like less clearance than if it were shot lower. But look at ill-fitting arc of tire relative to arc of fender :
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-1.jpg

2wheels4me
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Rear shot with Borla tailpipes:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-3.jpg
Closer up on Borla tailpipes:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-4.jpg
New Black over Red aluminum shiftknob in brown/black interior:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-5.jpg

janaheim
01-08-2012, 01:40 AM
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo.jpg

2wheels4me, your car looks awesome! Love it. Thanks.

John

janaheim
01-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Rear shot with Borla tailpipes:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-3.jpg
Closer up on Borla tailpipes:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-4.jpg
New Black over Red aluminum shiftknob in brown/black interior:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-5.jpg

I forgot to mention, you got your car at the same Fiat studio as me. Nice car! I plan on getting the lowering (same as yours), the Borla exhaust, the Black pedal set, door sills & the same shifter you got in a couple of months, after I get my tax return. Ciao.

2wheels4me
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
I forgot to mention, you got your car at the same Fiat studio as me. Nice car! I plan on getting the lowering (same as yours), the Borla exhaust, the Black pedal set, door sills & the same shifter you got in a couple of months, after I get my tax return. Ciao.

Getting off-topic for the Borla, but hey, if you're going to Madness to get 'er done, you gotta get a few extras to make the trip worthwhile. Well here's a closer-up of the shift knob and a pic of the installed sills next to the plusher mat set (that also has the back seat mats) Also, there are MANY of the BLACK brand options for the shift knob; check their site:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-6.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-7.jpg

janaheim
01-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Getting off-topic for the Borla, but hey, if you're going to Madness to get 'er done, you gotta get a few extras to make the trip worthwhile. Well here's a closer-up of the shift knob and a pic of the installed sills next to the plusher mat set (that also has the back seat mats) Also, there are MANY of the BLACK brand options for the shift knob; check their site:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-6.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/jcspinks/Fiat/photo-7.jpg

Nice, thanks!

John

Danncas
01-24-2012, 09:19 PM
The last thing I would put on my Sweet Fiat is a Magnaflow. Borla by far you get what you pay for in this world. I had a Magnaflow on one of my Saab made for this car after one day it was off the car what a peice of $$it. Last thing I want is my Fiat to sound like these beat up rice burning going down the street everyday.

janaheim
01-25-2012, 01:35 AM
The last thing I would put on my Sweet Fiat is a Magnaflow. Borla by far you get what you pay for in this world. I had a Magnaflow on one of my Saab made for this car after one day it was off the car what a peice of $$it. Last thing I want is my Fiat to sound like these beat up rice burning going down the street everyday.
Rice burning? I am not familiar with this saying. What do you mean?

SeaDawg
01-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Rice burning? I am not familiar with this saying. What do you mean?

He means 'rice burners', Japanese and/or Korean cars. Primarily Honda's.

SeaDawg
01-25-2012, 04:13 AM

I would urge you to make sure brain is functioning before engaging fingers. MY Fiat has a Magnaflow exhaust which I think is one of the sweetest sounding exhausts I have heard for the Fiat! In other words, Fiat exhausts, like beauty are in the eye of the beholder/owner. I assure you my Fiat does NOT sound like a 'rice burner' beat up or otherwise. YMMV

500MADNESS.com
01-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey guys and gals just wanted to give you a heads up on the Borla Exhaust.

We sold out of all our Borla stock yesterday. We ordered new stock several weeks ago and because of this our new delivery is scheduled to be built by Borla this Friday and arrive next week. Borla is making a small order (10 units) and most of them are already sold. We will have 4 units available from this order. The next run is scheduled for sometime at the end of February/beginning of March.

If you are thinking of getting a Borla Unit in the next 60 days you may want to consider pre ordering one now to insure on time delivery. As always we offer the lowest price guarantee on every item we offer and price match any legitimate company that offers the same product for less.

We also offer Free Shipping on the Borla Unit (continental US)!

If we can be of service give us a call at 562-981-6800 or pre order online. Here is the direct product link:

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=75&product_id=737

mneuman916
01-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey guys and gals just wanted to give you a heads up on the Borla Exhaust.

We sold out of all our Borla stock yesterday. We ordered new stock several weeks ago and because of this our new delivery is scheduled to be built by Borla this Friday and arrive next week. Borla is making a small order (10 units) and most of them are already sold. We will have 4 units available from this order. The next run is scheduled for sometime at the end of February/beginning of March.

If you are thinking of getting a Borla Unit in the next 60 days you may want to consider pre ordering one now to insure on time delivery. As always we offer the lowest price guarantee on every item we offer and price match any legitimate company that offers the same product for less.

We also offer Free Shipping on the Borla Unit (continental US)!

If we can be of service give us a call at 562-981-6800 or pre order online. Here is the direct product link:

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=75&product_id=737

PM sent!

500MADNESS.com
01-28-2012, 03:16 PM
PM sent!

Just replied. :-)

Yes, we price match and will be glad to assist.

mneuman916
01-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Back at ya! Thanks!

GotFiat
01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Any video/sound clips of the Borla?

janaheim
01-31-2012, 11:39 PM

Look at the beginning of the thread. It's also on Youtube!

Ciao

mneuman916
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM

My Borla finally came in today and I was fortunate enough to be able to throw it on the car! I only lost a little bit of skin, but no blood! In the next week or two I'll throw some clips together. Unfortunately I get home too late during the week and this weekend is already a bust.

As a quick review of initial impression - it's got an awesome growl at start up and take off, but nice and tame at highway speeds. Exactly what I was looking for! I'll be posting some clips soon. Stay tuned!

2wheels4me
02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
I knew you would like it. I love mine every time I start it up. I often roll down the windows while driving just to hear it echo off of objects. And you are right; it is not obtrusive at speed. And the engine pulls better, too.

Have Trumpet Will Travel
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
O.K., I know this is nit-picking, but I refuse to purchase an aftermarket system that requires the stock pipe to be cut. Knowing the jury-is-still-out on the Magnaflow (and others), I'll wait and see. BTW, lots of luck if you ever decide to replace the stock system - my "muffler guy" doesn't like re-doing a pipe that was cut to install (the Borla) a system should you change your mind AND the replacement pipe is very expensive if you go that route. Just sayin' H.T.W.T.

mneuman916
02-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Just because your muffler guy "doesn't like it" doesn't mean that it can't be reconnected. The pipe has a straight clean cut. Both the borla and the stock exhaust are stainless so there will be no rusting together of components. When it gets to the point where I will sell my car I'll have no problem going back to the stock exhaust system. That's not to say I was thrilled about cutting the pipe. It's the price I had to pay being an early adopter I suppose.

unknown_eyes
02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
O.K., I know this is nit-picking, but I refuse to purchase an aftermarket system that requires the stock pipe to be cut. Knowing the jury-is-still-out on the Magnaflow (and others), I'll wait and see. BTW, lots of luck if you ever decide to replace the stock system - my "muffler guy" doesn't like re-doing a pipe that was cut to install (the Borla) a system should you change your mind AND the replacement pipe is very expensive if you go that route. Just sayin' H.T.W.T.

On my previous car, (2011 Hyundai Elantra), I had my local muffler shop cut off the exhaust just behind the rear wheels and put in a custom dualed exhaust using magnaflow mufflers and dual chrome tips. The stock muffler and related pipe were retained and I had them reinstalled before I traded the Elantra in on my 500. The muffler shop was able to do so in a very short time and didnt have to do anything more than reweld at the cut point. Didn't even charge me to to it! I looked at the work while the car was still in the air and you could barely tell that it had been cut and welded. They did a excellent job.

I personally am considering the Borla exhaust for my 500 when finances permit. I like the way it sounds in the you tube videos and the comments here are helpful. I want to keep the car quiet at highway speeds and the other kits are just to loud for my tastes.

mneuman916
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Initial impressions today confirmed my hopes - after a few miles for the ECU to adapt the car just pulls harder and sounds amazing! Now I can't wait to add the RRM timing controller to the mix! The sound is amazing at idle and while under load - but almost stock quiet while cruising at highway speed. Exactly what I wanted! As soon as I get a chance I'll get some clips posted - I'll try and get some in cabin clips on top of any others I make. Stay tuned!

janaheim
02-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Initial impressions today confirmed my hopes - after a few miles for the ECU to adapt the car just pulls harder and sounds amazing! Now I can't wait to add the RRM timing controller to the mix! The sound is amazing at idle and while under load - but almost stock quiet while cruising at highway speed. Exactly what I wanted! As soon as I get a chance I'll get some clips posted - I'll try and get some in cabin clips on top of any others I make. Stay tuned!

Hi,

I've been trying to make up my mind whether to go with the Borla or the Madness Performance Exhaust. According to Madness, both yield about the same performance but the Madness is almost half the price of the Borla. My heart is still with the Borla but I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Ciao

2wheels4me
02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I love my Borla very deeply. Janaheim, If you'd like, come check it out. I am a bit north of Thousand Oaks. You can drive the car if you like, too.

mneuman916
02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to make up my mind whether to go with the Borla or the Madness Performance Exhaust. According to Madness, both yield about the same performance but the Madness is almost half the price of the Borla. My heart is still with the Borla but I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Ciao

You have a PM.

MikeThinks
02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi,

Ciao

I am anxiously awaiting some comparisons once the madness one is available. I really don't see the need to replace the whole system like the Borla kit. I want a reasonable nice sound without going all screaming rice....so keeping the stock resonator doesn't seem like a big issue.

mneuman916
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I am anxiously awaiting some comparisons once the madness one is available. I really don't see the need to replace the whole system like the Borla kit. I want a reasonable nice sound without going all screaming rice....so keeping the stock resonator doesn't seem like a big issue.

To each his own - but I find retaining the resonator rather redundant. Why exactly do you need to muffle the exhaust stream twice? Never made sense to me. Both the Borla and the Magnaflow simplify it to one sound dampener. If anything else you'll save weight by eliminating the center resonator. Or in the case of the Borla, replacing the resonator with a muffler and eliminating the rear can.

Alvon Elrod
02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
I love my Borla very deeply. Janaheim, If you'd like, come check it out. I am a bit north of Thousand Oaks. You can drive the car if you like, too.

Janaheim,
If you take 2wheels4me up on his offer, I'll bring mine down for another comparison (it's the one in the Youtube video). They will sound the same and they are both the Sport model, though 2wheels4me gets a little better performance from some other small enhancements he's added to his car. Mine is stock, except for the Borla. 2wheels4me has a freer flowing air filter, an electronic box with perfromance tuning, and a sportier set of springs.

janaheim
02-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Janaheim,
If you take 2wheels4me up on his offer, I'll bring mine down for another comparison (it's the one in the Youtube video). They will sound the same and they are both the Sport model, though 2wheels4me gets a little better performance from some other small enhancements he's added to his car. Mine is stock, except for the Borla. 2wheels4me has a freer flowing air filter, an electronic box with perfromance tuning, and a sportier set of springs.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. mneuman916 also favors the Borla and I'll take all your advices and get the Borla. Molto grazie.

Ciao,
John

janaheim
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM

Thank you, I appreciate it. You, Alvon and mneuman916 have been so nice and helpful. I have decided to get the Borla at Madness (price matching, $666.99). I am also going to get the 1.2" lowering springs and the retractable front license plate bracket with remote. I already had installed the Injen CAI and the Sprint Booster. Again, much appreciated.

Ciao,
John

SeaDawg
02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Both the Borla and the Magnaflow simplify it to one sound dampener.

I'm sorry, but that isn't quite right. The Magnaflow replaces the stock front resonator with one of its own which is smaller in diameter and has all seams welded, not crimped. The Magnaflow also has a rear muffler tucked up under the rear bumper at an angle. See my Garage: The top piece with the flex connector...the bubble wrapped piece is the front resonator. The center pipe is from rear of front resonator to just in front of rear axle. Bottom piece is pipe from rear axle including rear muffler with single outlet and twin tips.

mneuman916
02-14-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry, but that isn't quite right. The Magnaflow replaces the stock front resonator with one of its own which is smaller in diameter and has all seams welded, not crimped. The Magnaflow also has a rear muffler tucked up under the rear bumper at an angle. See my Garage: The top piece with the flex connector...the bubble wrapped piece is the front resonator. The center pipe is from rear of front resonator to just in front of rear axle. Bottom piece is pipe from rear axle including rear muffler with single outlet and twin tips.

I stand corrected. So that leaves the Borla as the only cat back that has one sound dampening device as opposed to two.... I forgot about the smaller resonator that they use!

500MADNESS.com
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
We stock and install just about every unit available for the 500. We also price match any other reputable vendor.

The Borla is a great unit and so far everyone that we have installed for our fellow owners have been very happy with the upgrade.

The MADNESS Exhaust we will be releasing is simply another option. We have worked on the sound of the unit, the look, fit and finish for months and the units are now in production. It is not better then a Borla, it is simply another choice.

We have tried both and both are great choices. The MADNESS unit has the following features:

T303 Stainless Steel polished to a mirror finish
Direct axle back bolt on unit
Dual tip design
No drone
Optional resonator bypass tube - gives you the option of removing the resonator

The price of the unit will be $499.99 with an introductory offer of $399.99 (resonator bypass tube extra, but well under $100).

We should have the units available in the next 30 days. I have our unit on my Prima and love th sound. So far everyone that has seen it and heard it have been impressed.

So, it is not a Borla replacement, just another option.

mneuman916
02-15-2012, 11:26 PM
We stock and install just about every unit available for the 500. We also price match any other reputable vendor.

The Borla is a great unit and so far everyone that we have installed for our fellow owners have been very happy with the upgrade.

The MADNESS Exhaust we will be releasing is simply another option. We have worked on the sound of the unit, the look, fit and finish for months and the units are now in production. It is not better then a Borla, it is simply another choice.

We have tried both and both are great choices. The MADNESS unit has the following features:

T303 Stainless Steel polished to a mirror finish
Direct axle back bolt on unit
Dual tip design
No drone
Optional resonator bypass tube - gives you the option of removing the resonator

The price of the unit will be $499.99 with an introductory offer of $399.99 (resonator bypass tube extra, but well under $100).

We should have the units available in the next 30 days. I have our unit on my Prima and love th sound. So far everyone that has seen it and heard it have been impressed.

So, it is not a Borla replacement, just another option.

I wasn't aware of your optional center resonator replacement - great info!

SpidArman
02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Does the bypass tube include the flexible mesh part of the resonator pipe?

500MADNESS.com
02-18-2012, 02:20 AM
I wasn't aware of your optional center resonator replacement - great info!

We will have it available as an option for those that want it. I have it on mine and love the sound.

500MADNESS.com
02-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Does the bypass tube include the flexible mesh part of the resonator pipe?

No, it will not. The install will be pretty simple. Our goal is to offer a great exhaust at a great price. In order to do that we had to evaluate each, production costs and shipping costs. If we add the flex, we would then have to offer a full replacement pipe. This would Tripple the cost and double the shipping cost. It simply is not worth doing. Reusing the pipe is the more sensible option.

the stig
02-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I would urge you to make sure brain is functioning before engaging fingers. MY Fiat has a Magnaflow exhaust which I think is one of the sweetest sounding exhausts I have heard for the Fiat! In other words, Fiat exhausts, like beauty are in the eye of the beholder/owner. I assure you my Fiat does NOT sound like a 'rice burner' beat up or otherwise. YMMV

So far from the low quality video clips I've seen the Magnaflow sounded great. The sound was very powerful under load. On the highway does the Magnaflow have a drone to it? That drone is what I think of when I hear the term "rice burning". For instance the little hondas you see that have an irritating drone as they drive down the freeway at 60mph. Horrid....
Has anyone bought the competizione exhaust from 500 madness? Very very expensive but I thought it sounded really great. Feel free to fill us in on this Boris. :)

janaheim
02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. mneuman916 also favors the Borla and I'll take all your advices and get the Borla. Molto grazie.

Ciao,
John

I have finally decided to buy the Borla at 500Madness and have it installed there this coming Saturday, March 3, 2012. Thanks very much to Alvon Elrod and mneuman916.

Ciao,
John

unknown_eyes
02-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I have finally decided to buy the Borla at 500Madness and have it installed there this coming Saturday, March 3, 2012. Thanks very much to Alvon Elrod and mneuman916.

Ordered mine today! You'll have yours first, I would like to get it installed the next saturday if it arrives in time!

mneuman916
02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Can't wait to hear your impressions once installed! I'm still loving mine!

janaheim
03-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Can't wait to hear your impressions once installed! I'm still loving mine!

Hi,

I got the Borla yesterday at 500Madness. There's a throaty growl to it as soon as I start the car. Very satisfying! It definitely gives the car a little extra oomph! You hear it and feel it when accelerating, not loud but assertive. With the cruise control on at freeway speeds, it's pretty quiet to me, but you know it's there in a sports car kind of way. I'm pretty pleased with it. I also have the Injen CAI and the Sprint Booster in my 500. That combo is amazing. My Cinquecento went from mild to wild!

I also could not resist myself and I got the pedal set from Black, door sills from Black, shift knob from Black (glossy black top/chrome bottom), Italia leather shift boot, Italia leather parking brake boot & lever, Go badge with Italia boot map and Assetto Corse mirror covers (carbon fiber with red/white/green stripes & 500 logo).

Thanks again to you and Alvon for your help.

Ciao,
John

janaheim
03-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi,

I got the Borla yesterday at 500Madness. There's a throaty growl to it as soon as I start the car. Very satisfying! It definitely gives the car a little extra oomph! You hear it and feel it when accelerating, not loud but assertive. With the cruise control on at freeway speeds, it's pretty quiet to me, but you know it's there in a sports car kind of way. I'm pretty pleased with it. I also have the Injen CAI and the Sprint Booster in my 500. That combo is amazing. My Cinquecento went from mild to wild!

I also could not resist myself and I got the pedal set from Black, door sills from Black, shift knob from Black (glossy black top/chrome bottom), Italia leather shift boot, Italia leather parking brake boot & lever, Go badge with Italia boot map and Assetto Corse mirror covers (carbon fiber with red/white/green stripes & 500 logo).

Thanks again to you and Alvon for your help.

Ciao,
John

I couldn't include the pictures of the Assetto Corse mirror covers, retractable front license plate (manual) and Go badge in my previous post, so here they are. Later on I'll get the lowering springs and tinted windows and maybe the short shifter. Mamma mia!

Ciao

unknown_eyes
03-04-2012, 10:52 AM
I couldn't include the pictures of the Assetto Corse mirror covers, retractable front license plate (manual) and Go badge in my previous post, so here they are. Later on I'll get the lowering springs and tinted windows and maybe the short shifter. Mamma mia!

Ciao

Wow! I love the accessories you chose! The Mirror covers have to be my favorite!!! But everything looks really nice! Also glad to see your happy with the exhaust. I expect mine to arrive 03/06 and hope to be able to get it installed saturday!

pastor passum
03-04-2012, 02:24 PM
John, congrats on the great looking car. I really like all your mods. Was the Black pedal set easy to install? Thanks for posting the pics.

Jim

janaheim
03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
John, congrats on the great looking car. I really like all your mods. Was the Black pedal set easy to install? Thanks for posting the pics.

Jim

Thank you very much Jim. Everything was bought at 500Madness and installed there.

Ciao,
John

unknown_eyes
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I got my Borla exhaust installed today. After drving the car with the stock exhaust since October, my 1st thought was "oh no! it's way to loud"!!! Thankfully I had plenty of time to drive the car today both interstate and local stop and go and am very impressed. At normal in-town driving and interstate cruising the exhaust is quite, you can still tell its there, but its not intrusive. But when you step on the gas you know its there! It gives a nice growl and sounds great!! Very pleased and highly recommended!

mneuman916
03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Have you got her wide open high up in the revs yet? :onthego:

janaheim
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I got my Borla exhaust installed today. After drving the car with the stock exhaust since October, my 1st thought was "oh no! it's way to loud"!!! Thankfully I had plenty of time to drive the car today both interstate and local stop and go and am very impressed. At normal in-town driving and interstate cruising the exhaust is quite, you can still tell its there, but its not intrusive. But when you step on the gas you know its there! It gives a nice growl and sounds great!! Very pleased and highly recommended!

Nice! I like mine too. Love that growl!

Ciao

unknown_eyes
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Have you got her wide open high up in the revs yet? :onthego:

It's incredible how much better the car pulls. When you really put your foot down it seems like the auto will rev higher before shifting itself up as well. Makes a fun car even more fun. I love to roll the windows down or crack the sunroof so I can hear the exhaust note.

To anyone thinking about getting this, I would highly recommend it!! You can hear it when you want to, but its not really that noticeable during normal driving. With the windows up and stereo and a/c on during normal driving, I don't noticed it at all. No drone on the interstate. Just a great all around package!

janaheim
03-07-2012, 04:43 PM
It's incredible how much better the car pulls. When you really put your foot down it seems like the auto will rev higher before shifting itself up as well. Makes a fun car even more fun. I love to roll the windows down or crack the sunroof so I can hear the exhaust note.

To anyone thinking about getting this, I would highly recommend it!! You can hear it when you want to, but its not really that noticeable during normal driving. With the windows up and stereo and a/c on during normal driving, I don't noticed it at all. No drone on the interstate. Just a great all around package!

Amen to that brother!

unknown_eyes
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
My stainless steel tips on my new Borla exhaust are starting to turn yellow/gold and it's only been on the car a week! I was told that this is due to exhaust heat. I tried cleaning them with never-dull and it didnt help. Anyone else experiencing this? Cleaning suggestions?

mneuman916
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Thats odd! The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow - I havn't been able to wash my car since I installed mine. I'll let you know what I find. Right now mine has some black exhaust deposits but I don't notice any yellowing. Post some pics of your exhaust tips when you have a chance.

unknown_eyes
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Thats odd! The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow - I havn't been able to wash my car since I installed mine. I'll let you know what I find. Right now mine has some black exhaust deposits but I don't notice any yellowing. Post some pics of your exhaust tips when you have a chance.

I'll post a pic this weekend when I get home. There is a very noticable color change. At least to me. I tend to be a little overly anal about my cars and notice everything!!

janaheim
03-12-2012, 11:23 PM
My stainless steel tips on my new Borla exhaust are starting to turn yellow/gold and it's only been on the car a week! I was told that this is due to exhaust heat. I tried cleaning them with never-dull and it didnt help. Anyone else experiencing this? Cleaning suggestions?

I just took a look at my Borla exhaust tips this afternoon and they looked fine - no discoloration. How very strange that you are having this problem. Have you brought this up with 500Madness yet?

Ciao

mneuman916
03-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Well - I washed my car when I got home and used some never dull on my Borla tips - no discoloration to speak of. Sounds like yo umay have a case for warranty on your hands. Borla offers the million mile warranty after all. Let us know what happens!

unknown_eyes
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I ordered a couple of metal cleaning products that have been recommended to me before I try and go the warranty route.

unknown_eyes
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
OK, sorry to take so long to get a few pics on here of the yellowing tips. I got a couple of suggestions on cleaning products. I got the best results with a product called Simichrome polish. I applied it with a soft cloth and polished using a powercone attachment on my cordless drill and them a little hand polishing to make sure all the residue was removed. The first 2 pics are before and the last 2 are after. Its hard to tell a big difference in the pics, but the tips really shine like new now!

janaheim
03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
OK, sorry to take so long to get a few pics on here of the yellowing tips. I got a couple of suggestions on cleaning products. I got the best results with a product called Simichrome polish. I applied it with a soft cloth and polished using a powercone attachment on my cordless drill and them a little hand polishing to make sure all the residue was removed. The first 2 pics are before and the last 2 are after. Its hard to tell a big difference in the pics, but the tips really shine like new now!

Thanks for the tip. I'm glad you got your problem solved. Love that Borla!

Ciao

Roadpizza
04-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I just had the Borla installed today. I like it! It does not sound like a Honda! LOL By no means do I find it intrusive in the cabin. It has just enough sound to make driving my Pop even more enjoyable. Glad to have done the conversion. I noticed right off the bat that low speed driving was much smoother. I will be installing the Mopar CAI this weekend!

Roadpizza
04-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Installed the Mopar CAI last night and took the 500 out for a run. .....LOL!

500MADNESS.com
04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi guys,

Just had a chance to see and rear the thread. I contacted Borla and informed them of the issue. They stated that they have not had any issues with the tips yellowing and perhaps some kind of a residue got on the tips. They also suggested that a metal cleaner be used to clean them off. If that did not take care of it they asked m to let them know so they can try to help resolve the issue.

Reading the latest posts it seems that the metl cleaner took car o the issue. Glad to hear.

If there is eve a problem with any products you order from us please let me know an we will do our best to work with th manufacturer of that item to get you a positive solution.

unknown_eyes
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi guys,

Just had a chance to see and rear the thread. I contacted Borla and informed them of the issue. They stated that they have not had any issues with the tips yellowing and perhaps some kind of a residue got on the tips. They also suggested that a metal cleaner be used to clean them off. If that did not take care of it they asked m to let them know so they can try to help resolve the issue.

Reading the latest posts it seems that the metl cleaner took car o the issue. Glad to hear.

If there is eve a problem with any products you order from us please let me know an we will do our best to work with th manufacturer of that item to get you a positive solution.

The tips looked good for about a week after I polished them and then started to yellow again. I had the tip replaced with a dual wall resonated stainless tip from another manufacturer and have had no problems with the new tip yellowing. I love the borla exhaust, but never really cared for the dual outlet tip on my lounge anyway, so I went with something that had a more stock look to it.

Roxy500
06-09-2012, 02:38 AM
I just had the Borla installed on my car . I can vouch that it does wake up your car.. A lot .. If any of you car considering on an exhaust to get your car a little more " pep " don't waste your money on an axle back and spend the few more bucks on a catback. I bought my car not being able to get it on the highway and once I started commuting I was disgusted at the lack of balls these cars have in stock form.. This is the first car I EVER NEEDED to get performance parts for it in order to NOT get run over in the high speed highway traffic of Southern California ( YOU SOCAL GUYS KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) . I did the MOPAR CAI , a Road Race Timing Controller ( yes, they work ) and now the Borla.. My little 2000lbs shoebox now hauls ass.. Problem solved .. :livid:

mneuman916
06-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I bought my car not being able to get it on the highway.....

Ummm... really? As much as I agree that this exhaust system rocks - implying that the car is not highway worthy is hyperbole.

Still love my Borla!

janaheim
06-25-2012, 04:46 AM
Ummm... really? As much as I agree that this exhaust system rocks - implying that the car is not highway worthy is hyperbole.

Still love my Borla!

Your comment is quite logical. To imply that the 500 is incapable of performing well at highway speeds is without merit. The Borla exhaust, which I also have on my 500 Sport, is to simply put it, sweet. Roxy500, you might also be interested in a cold air intake ans sprint booster, which I have as well. Then your 500 will really be rocking! Live long and prosper.

Ciao,
John

mneuman916
06-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Just shot this for someone else - figured I would add it here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfIs99nmVkw&feature=plcp

500ways
06-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Just shot this for someone else - figured I would add it here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfIs99nmVkw&feature=plcp

Nice - thanks for sharing!