PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 byAbarth Package

Fiat500USA
12-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/XyqLiudJZ8M/fiat-500-byabarth-package.html)

luckymoi
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/XyqLiudJZ8M/fiat-500-byabarth-package.html)

I have an open mind about a 900CC turbo... any USA plans?
a 30% drop is consumption plus the 50% I had already from current large car to 1.4 would be good...
my 750 BSA was a screamer (by the standards in those days)
900 seems ok... makes also think of the Isetta... what a ride!

phattbam
12-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I was going to matte out my chrome trim around the exterior too... This idea has already been used.

Have Trumpet Will Travel
12-19-2011, 02:26 AM
A little off the FIAT subject, but to Luckymoi: Not a 650? Sounds like a "Rocket Three" for 3-cylinder m0-cycle, how well I remember them (rare) and the Triumph triple: "Trident" (much more prolific), these were scalding rides back in the day. It seems like a recurring thread running through the demographic of new FIAT 500 owners is the fact that a lot of us have experienced the exotic at some time or another in our lives. Here's hoping the NEW 500 is revered for years to come. Ciao - HTWT.

F500
12-19-2011, 04:37 PM
"The new Fiat 500 TwinAir "byAbarth" package was recently displayed at this years Bologna Auto Show and drew a lot of attention. In addition to the usual TwinAir trim that consists of special burnished "anthracite" trim, a "piano black" (optional) roof and the Total Black environment with sports seats and the burnished dashboard fascia, the “byAbarth” customisation kit includes “Total Black” 16” alloy wheels with unique Abarth hub caps, side skirts, rear spoiler, racing graphics on the hood and a sport pedal kit."

looks like a Pop with a Sport interior and the above parts added. with no mention of any performance upgrades, I think for the $$, I would just as soon keep my Sport....thank you very much! :p

sjmst
12-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Prima dashboard.

cmj912
12-20-2011, 09:57 AM
"The new Fiat 500 TwinAir "byAbarth" package was recently displayed at this years Bologna Auto Show and drew a lot of attention. In addition to the usual TwinAir trim that consists of special burnished "anthracite" trim, a "piano black" (optional) roof and the Total Black environment with sports seats and the burnished dashboard fascia, the “byAbarth” customisation kit includes “Total Black” 16” alloy wheels with unique Abarth hub caps, side skirts, rear spoiler, racing graphics on the hood and a sport pedal kit."

looks like a Pop with a Sport interior and the above parts added. with no mention of any performance upgrades, I think for the $$, I would just as soon keep my Sport....thank you very much! :p

The engine is different. The TwinAir is a 2-cylinder turbo. So essentially what they're doing here is offering another "meaner-looking" version of the various TwinAirs in Europe.

For the money you get the sporty-looking add-ons plus the extremely high gas mileage, an engine that owners say is very entertaining, and in some places lower cost of ownership because of the engine size/emissions/environmental impact tax structure.

Fiat500USA
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
I would love to sample the 100 hp version of this engine. With more torque than our 1.4L, it sounds very intriguing.

sjmst
12-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I would love to sample the 100 hp version of this engine. With more torque than our 1.4L, it sounds very intriguing.
Same here. I drove Jim Magil's euro car. I think it had less than 100 HP, got close to 50 MPG, and was fun as hell.
If only...

Oh, and as to the Abarth package, I note it is red with a black roof. As I intend to remove my Prima stripes, I now have a better idea of what mine will look like!