PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 Nation America

Fiat500USA
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/DENk_zGH-sQ/fiat-500-nation-america.html)

wildeyed
12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
An interesting but empty gesture considering that they will almost certainly sell more cars in Canada and Mexico than in "America": land of the free and home of the gigantic vehicle. But I suppose they have to try the patriotic ploy. Americans tend to love their flags even more than their gas-guzzlers.

VTEC Mini
12-15-2011, 01:30 PM
So they are going to sell an America Adition In a country other than America? That makes sense.:cower:

FiatGusto
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Confused; will this be for sale here, or just everywhere else.

sportbiker
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Drive this in most other countries and you're more likely to get eggs thrown at you than rose petals.

blefevre
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
They need to spend more time releasing the Abarths price, and less time putting decals on a car that won't sell in any country.

sjmst
12-15-2011, 04:47 PM
WTF? I figured it out. FIAT is so much smarter than us, that things that appear totally crazy to we mere mortals, are actually too brilliant for us to even grasp.

FiatGusto
12-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Just when I am feeling smart, somebody smacks me across the mouth. Of course this marketing is way over our
heads. ( I sure hope a dealer closer than 265 miles opens up soon so I can feel a little better about a problem
coming up with my Sport. But that probably won`t happen cuz that would make sense to me.)

Fiat500USA
12-15-2011, 11:08 PM
The 500 Nation America is sold in Europe, not the US. They will have other Nation editions also. This is from Fiat SpA and has nothing to do with Chrysler or Fiat USA.

Many people criticize the 695 Tributo Ferrari and don't see the point, but that car is all sold out. These special editions have worked for them in Europe.

Fiat500USA
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
They need to spend more time releasing the Abarths price, and less time putting decals on a car that won't sell in any country.

They will release the price when they can get the most bang and attention. When? Maybe during the biggest car show in the country. You also may be glad they didn't release it in November...

geeded
12-16-2011, 01:59 AM
They will release the price when they can get the most bang and attention. When? Maybe during the biggest car show in the country. You also may be glad they didn't release it in November...

Sounds like there may have been some "discussion" at FIAT that brought some of the greedy bean-counters to heel. If so, then I can wait because with the current influx of fine small cars from everywhere (and unavoidable truth), the Abarth price might actually end up where it can do the most good i.e. a good deal for both the consumer and the manufacturer. We can only hope that they see what the rest of us have prognosticated if they try to price it over the MINI S.... another failed launch ... and one that if done correctly, could (with accompanying 500 ads), relaunch the entire brand with some hope of success (just hire a real ad agency this time please....and keep it light).

Cheers

blefevre
12-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Interesting. It's going to be a LONG few weeks.

sportbiker
12-17-2011, 04:13 PM

The way you drop cryptic hints like this, we should start calling you the Oracle of Delphi.

No…wait…that's too GM.

FiatGusto
12-17-2011, 05:04 PM
For those of us do not know, which is the largest car show in america?
they will release the price when they can get the most bang and attention. When? Maybe during the biggest car show in the country. You also may be glad they didn't release it in novemot ber...

blefevre
12-17-2011, 08:42 PM
North American International Auto Show (Detroit). It's in a few weeks.