PDA

View Full Version : Abarth Insurance considerations?

eatworksleepdie
12-02-2011, 01:03 PM
So, I did a quick search, and wasn't coming up with anything..

Has anyone considered what the insurance rate are going to be on the Abarth model? I don't have a Fiat yet, but have big plans to get the Abarth when it comes out I think.. but I started thinking about how much insurance is going to run me.

I realize it's kindof a loaded question since everyone will have a varying rate depending on all the basic criteria, but ballpark... hmm.

I have ins, through Progressive, have multiple policy discount, decent driving record, decent neighborhood etc etc..
for full coverage in Michigan for a 500 (that to my understanding had high safety ratings) and I would pay about $250 more per 6 months. that's dropping off my current real basic ins coverage on a '90 jetta, and replacing it with a fully covered 2012 Fiat 500. So roughly about $400 ish (probably a little less) every 6 months. .. not too bad, and I think that's affordable.

But I am a little concerned what they're going to get me on an Abarth 500 given the extra ponies and fancy parts.

What do you think?

blefevre
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Get a quote for a 2012 GTI or 2012 Cooper S. That will get you a good reference.

eatworksleepdie
12-02-2011, 01:40 PM
point well taken! I just hope it's not through the roof. I know my 92 gti 8v was considered a "sports car" and because of this, it had ridiculous insurance rates on a car that was old, and not even fast! It's not like it was the 16v model.

Max
12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
You may want to also get a quote on a 2012 Mini Copper hard top JCW edition as they may choose to classy it under the same category. I'm not sure if the Mini Cooper S and Cooper JCW yield the same rates but worth looking into. Both the JCW and ABARTH models have racing heritage factored into their naming.

Max