PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the FIAT badge and the mustache on the front?

Atrus1212
11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm wanting to black out all the chrome on my sport... Big question how do the mustache and FIAT badge attach to the front and the FIAT badge on the back?

Fiat500USA
11-28-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm wanting to black out all the chrome on my sport... Big question how do the mustache and FIAT badge attach to the front and the FIAT badge on the back?

I looked through the service manual, but it doesn't say. I assume there are clips on the back.

F500
11-28-2011, 09:03 AM
the FIAT "Badges" on the front fascia and rear liftgate are attached with double-sided tape and a small push-on nut on the back. you must remove the push-on retainer first and then carefully pry the emblem off.
the 2 front fascia moldings next to the badge appear to be attached with only the push-on nuts.

easily done, but you must first access the backside of the fascia and the inside of the liftgate to remove the badges and moldings.

hope that helps. :)

sounds pretty cool, blacking out your chrome on the badges. are you doing the door handles as well?

post some pics when you get it done, OK?

Atrus1212
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Cool thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm going to do everything that is chrome including the hatch handle/plate light. It should have a whole different look when I'm done!!

Thad
12-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I am very curious as to how you are 'blacking it out'. What process? I am interested in doing a blackened chrome look to the chrome fuel door filler.
BTW, I just had my rear FIAT badge replaced (they all are getting bubbles in them. Check yours) and they had to remove the inside fiber piece to access the back of the badge. They said the rear badge has studs and nuts.

Atrus1212
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm probably going to just plastidip them... don't know yet.

Danncas
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I am very curious as to how you are 'blacking it out'. What process? I am interested in doing a blackened chrome look to the chrome fuel door filler.
BTW, I just had my rear FIAT badge replaced (they all are getting bubbles in them. Check yours) and they had to remove the inside fiber piece to access the back of the badge. They said the rear badge has studs and nuts.

Why would anyone do this to this car. I see several young guys debadge their cars. I knew sevea guysl that added aero kits and lot of other stuff. I had seveal Saabs Aeros and some guys would add stuff the the base model and remove the badge. Same with a cowork that has a Mazda3 trying to make it look like a MazdaSport. What ever they do everyone know its not the real deal.
Guess I dont understand. I like the Classic look of this car. I consided the Sport but cant get all the options I wanted. Enjoying this car I'm glad I added it to the rest.

epb
01-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm probably going to just plastidip them... don't know yet.

Do a Google search for a guy using RUI - he's got a blacked-out 500 Lounge with matte stripes that looks quite good (even the badges are done). He's on a UK-based Fiat forum.

500ways
08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know if the front fascia needs to be removed in order to obtain access to the nut behind the fascia?

mikeqube
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know if the front fascia needs to be removed in order to obtain access to the nut behind the fascia?

It doent need to be removed if you can squeeze your arm in there. I just did mine, they weren't too hard to get off.
Here's a pic of the front with the moustache and emblem blacked out, the door handles are done too.

Corrnaus
10-15-2012, 11:10 PM
It doent need to be removed if you can squeeze your arm in there. I just did mine, they weren't too hard to get off.
Here's a pic of the front with the moustache and emblem blacked out, the door handles are done too.

This looks awesome.. This is something I have wanted to do the second I got my Abarth.. Thinking next spring I might take on this challenge and take apart the car and get it all the parts painted

Swatsn1per
04-12-2014, 03:00 PM
did you take your door handles out and paint them or just left them on the car??

how are they holding up and how many coats if you used plastadip? please and thank you!

Tweak
04-12-2014, 03:52 PM
did you take your door handles out and paint them or just left them on the car??

how are they holding up and how many coats if you used plastadip? please and thank you!

Welcome to the forum.

pizzamann95
08-10-2016, 12:34 AM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22976&stc=1
I used plasti dip on my badges. I like the results.

tknospdr
08-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Unless they've changed in the last few years...

The front is just held on with plastic nuts, and the rear is adhesive only.
I changed my badges out for Abarth ones.
I didn't remove the front facia to change the front out, just took out the 4 big screws and the small ones holding the bonnet latch and slid my hand in behind it.
Pics of results here: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?25664-2013-Fiat-500t-Rame