PDA

View Full Version : So what's the ABARTH price?

Max
11-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Am I missing something or has the price not been released?

I am considering canceling my current order (since its never getting delivered) and going for an ABARTH but I want to know the pricing first. I really wanted a cabrio and if I don't change to the ABRATH now it will be because I'll be holding out for the ABARTH Cabrio which I hope will be coming at the end of next year...

Any have the pricing?

Thanks,

Max

geeded
11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
They're not sharing that right now it appears. I would bet a fair amount on it starting just below the MINI S though. Now whether you can order one from a dealer for that is another question.....

Max
11-16-2011, 08:08 PM
They're not sharing that right now it appears. I would bet a fair amount on it starting just below the MINI S though. Now whether you can order one from a dealer for that is another question.....

Why wouldn't you be able to order one for that? My Studio is willing to place an order for me for what ever the MSRP will be, I am just not sure if I continue on waiting for my 500C and then get the ABARTH Cabrio when it come out or go for one now...

Max

fredfrey
11-16-2011, 08:19 PM
It dosent appear that FIAT will be limiting the ABARTH to special dealers as they do in Europe. Also, the US Abarth is the SS spec version that was VERY limited in Europe. I would bet that a convertible and a higher performance version (Ferrari Tribute) will be released in the future. I would also bet that a tuner kit will become available (perhaps from Abarth) that will boost the 160hp even higher. My deposit is in my dealers hands. I'm all in.

geeded
11-16-2011, 10:42 PM
They've had my deposit since March. I'm just glad that the Abarth looks like it will be just what I hoped it would. An extra 10 hp would have been cool but I think they will be selling an upgrade to 180/185 within the year.

As far as dealers selling a desirable car (which I hope the Abarth turns out to be) at MSRP would be an anomaly from my experience. I negotiated deal and got my quote (MSRP - nothing additional) in ink back in March and they received my $500 deposit.

I'm hoping that the Studios (generically) don't jump at the chance to "sweeten" the deal with add-ons and phony upcharges. I've seen Honda (among others, i.e. Miata, Ford GT, etc) do it for decades. I also think that the Abarth 500c is just a matter of time. Only two things are wrong (from my perspective) with the NA Abarth. Bianco Perla is not available as a color and I can't order satellite radio w/o also ordering auto air (which I don't want). Neither are a deal-breaker.

Cheers

Fiat of Denver
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
They've had my deposit since March.

We began a waiting list and taking refundable deposits the beginning of this month. Although we do not know the price yet, nor the delivery schedule, initually these will be sold by us to those on this list. No cutting in line folks...

eatworksleepdie
11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
The dealer by me in the Metro Detroit area that I called said they weren't expecting them realistically until March-ish 2012. just an FYI. They were also thinking it would be a ballpark price of around $25k base. But both of those pieces of information are speculation, no facts supporting. But both seem about right to me.

blefevre
11-17-2011, 03:20 PM
The official spec sheet says they are available March 2012.

johnnyquest
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
The dealer by me in the Metro Detroit area that I called said they weren't expecting them realistically until March-ish 2012. just an FYI. They were also thinking it would be a ballpark price of around $25k base. But both of those pieces of information are speculation, no facts supporting. But both seem about right to me.

For my sake, I hope you aren't right about the price. I'm sure there's some who will think it's a bargain at $25k, but to me that's too much considering I can get a GTI for that kind of money. My hope is it will start at just under $22k, and that the 17" wheels and satellite radio will make it $23,500. This would make it about the same price as the Hyundai Veloster that I'm considering, but will obviously be more fun to drive and way more sexy. I'm also hoping the EPA Highway rating comes in at 36 mpg or higher. I guess what I'm getting at is, to me, the Abarth shouldn't be $6500 to $7000 more than a 500 Sport. If they released a "SS" version with 225+ hp, adjustable full race suspension, better transmission, oversized brakes, and carbon fiber bits then I'd see paying the $7000 premium.

JQ

Fiat500USA
11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi all,
I'm posting this from my c**** phone so bear with me. The car will be under $25,000. Price to be released closer to 0 launch, probably beginning of the year.

tandemnut
11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
With leather and wheels, it will probably be about $25,000 - if it STARTS at 25K, count me out....a pre-owned JCW Hardtop will be my next car if they overprice the Abarth.

PFVA63
11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi,

After reading GranWJ's thread entitled "Looks Like 160 HP is MAX" I see that the article he references (http://rumors.automobilemag.com/los-angeles-2011-six-things-we-learned-about-the-fiat-500-abarth-89141.html) also states that:

"Sales volumes of the 500 Abarth will be low by design — Fiat wants to make the car a special, somewhat limited-edition model."

I wonder how this will impact how Fiat prices the car?

Pat

luckymoi
11-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Nice article... informative IMHO... seems quite the engineering platform... I think I could like this car... I will need a drive.
Btw, I already measured the garage and blue taped off a spot for that car. LOL

I recommend downloading and reading the 106 page press kit.

geeded
11-18-2011, 01:20 AM
I recommend downloading and reading the 106 page press kit.

I already did ..... twice..... not kidding ... Can you tell that I've had a deposit on this car since March and delayed gratification is not my long suit....

I think I'll go peruse it one more time before bed.

Ciao

blefevre
11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Is there actually a 106 page press kit? If so, where?

geeded
11-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Is there actually a 106 page press kit? If so, where?

Check www.fiat500usa.com. Scroll down a bit and Chris has a link to his right there.

Cheers

blefevre
11-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Oh thanks! I looked at that one at work and it blocked the big pdf viewer so I looked past it. Woohoo!

Reaperman
11-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm starting to get a bit of sticker shock on this one.
"priced competitively under $25,000"
is a long way from phrasing like
"around $20,000"

And then I look at all the sporty cars which start between $22.5k and $25k. I know abarth is supposed to compete with cars of much larger displacement, but a good number of those start at less. Also I have yet to figure out how it competes with even the compact cars in its class. On paper it just doesn't. It's not light, it's not small. I really don't know on this one.

The 'limited numbers' suggests that maybe if I pull myself off of the list I'm on, I won't ever get to test drive one on the lot and make an informed decision. I really don't like buying anything this way.

sjmst
11-18-2011, 12:34 PM
When it comes to all things with the FIAT 500, my mantra is "Drive it, then Decide."
Never mind the numbers, whether they be 0-60, HP, weight, MPG or what have you. Drive it, then decide if the price is right for the way it makes you feel.

MrFiat
11-18-2011, 04:55 PM
When it comes to all things with the FIAT 500, my mantra is "Drive it, then Decide."
Never mind the numbers, whether they be 0-60, HP, weight, MPG or what have you. Drive it, then decide if the price is right for the way it makes you feel.
Bravo! I couldn't have said it better. (and you know I've tried) Well done, my friend!:encouragement:

txdesign
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm starting to get a bit of sticker shock on this one.
"priced competitively under $25,000"
is a long way from phrasing like
"around $20,000"

There is no way it was ever going to be around $20K. Throw a few options on a 500 Sport and you are at $19K, so a price gap of about $4K or so was certain. I am thinking $23.5K base price would be ok.

Giallo Edizione
11-19-2011, 06:21 PM
All the FIAT model prices end with ,500, so on one hand my heart is hoping you are right. I seriously doubt it could come in lower given the standard features. Some have estimated the EU base Abarth is $6K US over the base EU Sport which would suggest the $23.5K number, but no telling if it's feature for feature the same. $6K seems reasonable-$3K for the engine and $1.5K each for the suspension and interior upgrades. However, my head says it will be $24.5K because they can. I think they will figure ( depending on the reaction to the introduction) that if we'd pay $23.5K then we'd probably pony up $24.5K. Right up against that psychological barrier of $25K.

grapefish
11-19-2011, 10:38 PM
It may not be exactly comparable, but in 2009 the UK-market Abarth had a 17.3% price premium over their Sport/Lounge trim level. Since our Sport and Lounge prices differ, we'll use the worst-case example of $19,500 as a starting point and add 20%.

That gives us $23,400, which is as near as makes no difference $23,500. So, that's what I'm hoping for as a starting point. (Last time I hoped for 160 HP and I was right, so... cross fingers.)

It also seems clear from the spec sheet that there will be several option packages on offer; leather seats, colored mirror caps and body stripes, and the 17" wheels and tires are all optional extras.

EDIT: The Abarth Esseesse in the UK was almost 45% more than the standard trims, and we get a package more similar to that than the standard Abarth... so... all bets I have down are now off. I have no idea. =)

Max
11-21-2011, 12:43 AM
It may not be exactly comparable, but in 2009 the UK-market Abarth had a 17.3% price premium over their Sport/Lounge trim level. Since our Sport and Lounge prices differ, we'll use the worst-case example of $19,500 as a starting point and add 20%.

That gives us $23,400, which is as near as makes no difference $23,500. So, that's what I'm hoping for as a starting point. (Last time I hoped for 160 HP and I was right, so... cross fingers.)

It also seems clear from the spec sheet that there will be several option packages on offer; leather seats, colored mirror caps and body stripes, and the 17" wheels and tires are all optional extras.

EDIT: The Abarth Esseesse in the UK was almost 45% more than the standard trims, and we get a package more similar to that than the standard Abarth... so... all bets I have down are now off. I have no idea. =)

Well, you may not be so off. if you take a Lounge which we are forced to have with an automatic we are at the base $19500.00 price. If you were able to remove the auto you'd be at the $18500 price for a base Lounge trim in manual. Add 40% and you arrive at $25900.00. FIAT then massages a few things arriving at the same 160HP in a different manner than what how the Esseesse version does thus reducing the costs to get there and its very possible that you can have a $23500 to $24000 base price US ABARTH.

Max

pchop
11-22-2011, 01:58 PM
does anyone *actually* knows the price? that would be more useful and helpful. thanks.

SeaDawg
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
does anyone *actually* knows the price? that would be more useful and helpful. thanks.

Ummm, NO, because it hasn't been made public by Fiat at this time. The prevailing thought is probably around January/February timeframe for actual disclosure.

Of course, with no FACTUAL price to go on the 'kids' have to speculate to pass the time. LOL:cheerful:

foqus
11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
"With that in mind we can expect the Abarth to be in the range of $19,500 to $21,500.

Lets look at the UK prices for comparison. The MSRP on a Fiat 500 Pop is about $17,800 (after conversion). The Abarth weighs in at $23,700 (converted), making the difference in price $5,900, or about $6k. Assuming an equal difference for the US spec Abarth, we can expect it to be $6k more than the Pop, putting the MSRP at $21,500, right at the top of our expected range. With the 2011 Mini Cooper S starting at $23,000, this would make the Abarth very competitive in value."

sjmst
11-26-2011, 06:46 PM
"With that in mind we can expect the Abarth to be in the range of $19,500 to $21,500.

Lets look at the UK prices for comparison. The MSRP on a Fiat 500 Pop is about $17,800 (after conversion). The Abarth weighs in at $23,700 (converted), making the difference in price $5,900, or about $6k. Assuming an equal difference for the US spec Abarth, we can expect it to be $6k more than the Pop, putting the MSRP at $21,500, right at the top of our expected range. With the 2011 Mini Cooper S starting at $23,000, this would make the Abarth very competitive in value."
I am thinking 23+ base.

SeaDawg
11-26-2011, 06:55 PM
I am thinking 23+ base.

If I don't stay away from 500 Madness and Tirerack I won't have to worry what the price is because my Sport will already have exceeded it!

Ah well, as they say; 'Tis the Season!'

geeded
11-26-2011, 07:09 PM
After reading everything I can, looking at how FIAT as priced their cars here, and extrapolating from what our fearless leader as intimated, I believe that the actual base price (less destination) will be $24,500.

I THINK it should be priced at JUST under the base of the MINI S, but that is not what I BELIEVE they are going to charge. We'll see and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. We'll see how it works out in the marketplace after the "gotta-havers" (like myself) are satiated. It will be interesting.

Cheers

Fiat500USA
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
After reading everything I can, looking at how FIAT as priced their cars here, and extrapolating from what our fearless leader as intimated, I believe that the actual base price (less destination) will be $24,500.

I THINK it should be priced at JUST under the base of the MINI S, but that is not what I BELIEVE they are going to charge. We'll see and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. We'll see how it works out in the marketplace after the "gotta-havers" (like myself) are satiated. It will be interesting.

Cheers

I am wondering if the lack of a price is tied to the change of leadership at the top. Could there be some re-evaluations going on? Personally, I hope so. There is a lot of competition out there and even though a comparably equipped MINI S is about $24,500, I would like the Abarth to come in at least $1,000 under that (which is just under a base MINI S).

Here is some insider news: My source told me under $25K but not a specific price. You would think when someone important tells you something like that you would remember it, well not me, so I went back later and clarified if they said 24K or 25K. They confirmed $25K.

I was told this under the old regime and now there is a new one, so I won't be surprised if something changes.

buzzny
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I am wondering if the lack of a price is tied to the change of leadership at the top. Could there be some re-evaluations going on? Personally, I hope so. There is a lot of competition out there and even though a comparably equipped MINI S is about $24,500, I would like the Abarth to come in at least $1,000 under that (which is just under a base MINI S).

Here is some insider news: My source told me under $25K but not a specific price. You would think when someone important tells you something like that you would remember it, well not me, so I went back later and clarified if they said 24K or 25K. They confirmed $25K.

I was told this under the old regime and now there is a new one, so I won't be surprised if something changes.

I'm really curious now on what an Abarth with some accessories will be. What I mean is that is a Pop is about 15K or so, and the Lounge c I bought is 25,250 then if an Abarth starts at 24,999 then will that mean one loaded will be available for say, 35K?

epb
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Check www.fiat500usa.com. Scroll down a bit and Chris has a link to his right there.

Is there a way to download it without joining the evil that is Facebook, or buying it on eBay for $325 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIAT-500-ABARTH-2011-Los-Angeles-Auto-Show-Press-Kit-141-500-Limited-Edition-/130605700013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e68b4d3ad)?

SeaDawg
11-27-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm really curious now on what an Abarth with some accessories will be. What I mean is that is a Pop is about 15K or so, and the Lounge c I bought is 25,250 then if an Abarth starts at 24,999 then will that mean one loaded will be available for say, 35K?

EEEEeeeeek!!!!!!:surprise:

Giallo Edizione
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM

Convertible, fully loaded could be over 30. However, 35 seems like a stretch unless they have a JCW upgrade eqivalent ( SS?)

small car lover
11-27-2011, 11:05 AM
OK, this is getting a little ridiculous. I looked up the Abarth specs and features (http://www.fiatusa.com/abarth/pdf/features_specs.pdf) and made list of every available option. Where available, I looked up the price of each comparable option from the base 500:

Nero Paint $500
Mirror caps + stripes $ ???
Sunroof $850
Leather Seating $1500
TomTom Nav $400
Engine Block Heater $ 50
17" Wheel+Tire $500
Safety&Convenience $600
Smoker Pkg $ 30

Total $4430

So if the base price of the Abarth is $24,500, A totally loaded example including mirror caps and stickers would be under $29,500 (assuming caps & stickers are less than $570).

Does this seem reasonable?

sjmst
11-27-2011, 12:14 PM
I doubt it. My guess: you can get a fun-as-hell Abarth for under 25K.

sjmst
11-27-2011, 12:14 PM
OK, this is getting a little ridiculous. I looked up the Abarth specs and features (http://www.fiatusa.com/abarth/pdf/features_specs.pdf) and made list of every available option. Where available, I looked up the price of each comparable option from the base 500:

Nero Paint $500
Mirror caps + stripes $ ???
Sunroof $850
Leather Seating $1500
TomTom Nav $400
Engine Block Heater $ 50
17" Wheel+Tire $500
Safety&Convenience $600
Smoker Pkg $ 30

Total $4430

So if the base price of the Abarth is $24,500, A totally loaded example including mirror caps and stickers would be under $29,500 (assuming caps & stickers are less than $570).

Does this seem reasonable?

yes!

fiat for life
11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
22500 to start before delivery is where I believe it will be.

geeded
11-27-2011, 04:00 PM
22500 to start before delivery is where I believe it will be.

Oh, Man..... I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong. That would be AWESOME! Even if we split the differenece, that would be good.

Cheers

Thad
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
$22.5 is also where I think it should be. They are going to ruin it if they start higher than that.

The Pop starts at 15.5 but we've all seen cabrio lounge versions priced up to 26.5. I could imagine a cabrio worked up Abarth well into the 30s. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Fiat should be selling a high tech sporty affordable car. There are LOTS of others out there when you get out of the teens. The affordable part goes away quickly.

txdesign
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I have not decided yet, the sales for the 500 are so slow (15000 vs. the projected 50000). I am concerned that some damage to the brand has already happened before it even got off the ground and how resale value might be impacted for all models because of this.
Will definitely do a test drive.

geeded
11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
$22.5 is also where I think it should be. They are going to ruin it if they start higher than that.

The Pop starts at 15.5 but we've all seen cabrio lounge versions priced up to 26.5. I could imagine a cabrio worked up Abarth well into the 30s. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Fiat should be selling a high tech sporty affordable car. There are LOTS of others out there when you get out of the teens. The affordable part goes away quickly.

Very true. If you start getting into the high 20's, a whole world of desirable options are open..... MINI S (not a stripper), MINI Roadster, VW GTI, VW Beetle Turbo, probably the Focus ST, Fiesta ST (in a year), etc. The one's I mentioned are all Euro/Euro-based and at least a size larger and equally well equipped (in the high 20's). I urge FIAT to go back and rethink their pricing policy.

For example there is a currently a $2500 statewide rebate on the Focus (not the ST of course), but the selling climate is extremely brutal. You can start asking premium prices when you are thought of as a premium brand with a track record (or at least a premium model). Get established first.

Cheers