PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen, Start your wallets!

geeded
11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Here is the first paragraph from the full press release. Bolding is mine:

Faithful to the "small but wicked" saying coined for Karl Abarth's cars in the 1960s, the new 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth arrives to America with the racing traditions that have made it a success on European roadways and racetracks world-class performance and precision, purposeful and aggressive styling, high power-to-weight ratio and limited-production volume.

Any thoughts?

I love pizza
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Here is the first paragraph from the full press release. Bolding is mine:

Faithful to the "small but wicked" saying coined for Karl Abarth's cars in the 1960s, the new 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth arrives to America with the racing traditions that have made it a success on European roadways and racetracks world-class performance and precision, purposeful and aggressive styling, high power-to-weight ratio and limited-production volume.

Any thoughts?

I have two theories on their use of the words "limited-production volume". My first theory is they lack the sale of 35,000 cars to hit their 1st year sales target, meaning they're so far behind they'll sell as many as they can to make Fiat more on healthy ground. The dealers are pissed off enough as it is, let alone telling them we're only making these in limited numbers. My second theory is this will be one of many Abarth special editions. I'm sure we'll see the Tributo Ferrari version and the Cabrio Italia version...............etc.

blefevre
11-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Works for me! I would love it to be limited, however I would be rather surprised if the "normal" Abarth was a low production run.