PDA

View Full Version : Watch the US 500 Abarth Launch Here

Fiat500USA
11-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/sXPc9tSRlDE/watch-us-500-abarth-launch-here.html)

MrFiat
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm camping at the head of the line. Anyone want to join me, I'll bring the popcorn. !!

Fiat500USA
11-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm camping at the head of the line. Anyone want to join me, I'll bring the popcorn. !!

Thanks Mr.Fiat!

SeaDawg
11-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Let's hope the site doesn't crash!

johnnyquest
11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Did we really have to see a J-Lo commercial at the Abarth launch? Really??

JQ

PFVA63
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
The more I think about it the more I think that, probably yes we did need to see a J Lo commercial as part of the Abarth release. Or maybe more correctly, I think that maybe its possible that Fiat specifically wanted to include something like the J Lo commercial in the Abarth release announcement to specifically make the point that the release of the more powerful Abarth does not signify a chance in direction for the company, but rather it is meant to expand the range of customers the company's car's might appeal to.

for instance if you do a quick google news search for Abarth news you'll come up with some headings like "Fiat 500 Abarth tries to deep-six the brand's cute image‎" which might give some readers the mistaken impression that Fiat is trying to change the car's overall image, rather than just releasing a new model that will exist alongside their other cars, which include the base 500, the Cabrio, and stuff like the Gucci addition.

So overall, yes in the end I kind of am of the opinion that maybe including the J Lo spot in the release was perhaps a very intentional move on the part of Fiat USA, since the current J Lo spots are very muchly associated with the base 500 and Cabrio, and as the guy giving the presentation alos noted, J Lo is also a spokes women for Gucci as well.

Regards

Pat