PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 Coupé Zagato Concept

MrFiat
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Back in March, Fiat unveiled the 500 coupe Zagato at the Geneva auto show. How's chances of finding out if Fiat has any plans to make this version available to us ....... ummm ..... errrr ... as an Abarth ? :eagerness: LOL ... LA show coming up. Maybe a good time to ask?

fiat for life
11-04-2011, 04:42 PM
FIAT has already stated they have no intentions of making the Zagato

MrFiat
11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
FIAT has already stated they have no intentions of making the Zagato:numbness::sulkiness::cower::hurt::emptiness ::dispirited::blue::hopelessness::disillusionment: :stung::livid::neglected::heart-borken:
:heart-borken::sour::grumpy::dejection::dejection::sorrow ::sorrow::disturbed::mad::mad::heart-borken: ----------- ok, I'm over it. :single_eye:

Fiat500USA
11-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Back in March, Fiat unveiled the 500 coupe Zagato at the Geneva auto show. How's chances of finding out if Fiat has any plans to make this version available to us ....... ummm ..... errrr ... as an Abarth ? :eagerness: LOL ... LA show coming up. Maybe a good time to ask?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rg_U8OWMioM/TW-vHwtOLXI/AAAAAAAAFgc/hI2zKiRNXeo/s640/Fiat500USA-500CoupeZagatoSide.jpg

Interesting question, but I know the answer... They would never tell me! ;) Back in March when the Fiat 500 Coupé Zagato Concept was shown, I had the good fortune of spending some time with Laura Soave and company at Criswell Fiat when Shaun Folkerts picked up his new Prima. She asked the handful of Fiat enthusiasts gathered there what we thought of the Zagato. Naturally, we all loved it. It seemed like something they would consider. Personally, I think it looks great - especially compared to the new MINI coupe.

Chris
11-05-2011, 08:54 AM
You'd definitely need to be under 6' to fit your head in this one ;)

Fiat500USA
11-05-2011, 09:45 AM
You'd definitely need to be under 6' to fit your head in this one ;)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IVe0f-agmek/TW0G9JUMM9I/AAAAAAAAFc0/WzNRINWl1jU/s640/Fiat500USA-500CoupeZagato_Rear.jpg
Hard to say because the roof bubbles up.

MrFiat
11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Back in 1956, Abarth (in collaboration with Fiat) introduced the 750 Zagato at the Turin Auto Show. If you recall, 1956 was famous for its BIG cars with BIG fins. (think Cadillac Eldorado, etc.) The little Zagato didn't capture the attention that everyone had hoped for. Fiat's reaction was that they had no intention of building the car. However, you also may recall that Franklin Roosevelt Jr. saved the day and turned the car into a successful venture. Fiat eventually changed it's mind and several various examples are still around today.
So Fiat may not be interested now, but it's entirely possible they may again change their minds especially if the 500 Abarth becomes the hit we all expect it to be. So there's still hope for a new Fiat-Abarth Zagato Coupe. As we've all heard, "history repeats itself".