Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

that's a funny. One of the very few issues I had with my brand new fuel injected YUGO was the PCV hose used to freeze up in freezing weather and oil would...

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped put the event together!

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth - Starts, But Not Moving

Hi all! I've got a 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth that has been sitting for almost 6 months. I have not used it in the winter since it's not a great vehicle where...

^^^ This ^^^ its one weak design point. I had the 225 slant six in my Dodge Coronet. Great engine but mine had a habit of blowing oil out of the breather...

Abarth 4C!

This is interesting. They're taking existing 4Cs and reinventing them as Abarths

https://www.motor1.com/news/716049/alfa-romeo-4c-return...

pin which locks the charging door is broken.

Hi
In my 500Ee the pin which locks the charging door is broken.
Any idea where I can get a replacement?

THX...

I didn't actually take the drain plug off. I sucked the oil out of it as the plug was not coming off and If you see the location, you'll...

lol Great vid. Originally I heard they might allow owners to customize the slow speed audio byte. I assume the killjoys at NAFTA nixed that for the US...

That's an interesting case on your 124. Can you get to the vent and run a wire down it? In the old days I'd see grease and, sometimes, diff oil break...

Interesting thoughts ideas here. I like the tip about using the door as leverage, though I'm afraid I'd find out my door pins are shot, too....

TSB 08-56-11 - Diagnostic Link Connector Cover

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

TSB 08-56-11 - Diagnostic Link Connector Cover

NUMBER: 08-056-11
    GROUP: Electrical
    DATE: October 05, 2011

There is a new Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) released a few weeks back. It involves removing and discarding the Diagnostic Link Connector Cover on early model cars. Why?

Well, it is nothing too exciting, it seems the car tested and reviewed for emissions conformity by CARB didn't have a cover installed on the connector. The cover needs to be discarded to conform to the test sample. The cover is just a piece of plastic, that's it.
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com
  • wachuko
    • Feb 2012

Aftermarket part opportunity?

I know, old thread... just coming up to speed on these cars...
    Drive safe!
    Wachuko

A couple of Porsche 911s, a 912, a '61 VW Bug, and a BMW X5 Diesel
    2012 FIAT 500 Abarth in Rosso and 2015 FIAT 500 Abarth in Nero, 2015 FIAT 500c 1957 Edition in Retro Light Blue all gone now ...
    Wish List: FIAT Abarth 595 in Podium Blue

Comment

• SeaDawg
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • May 2011

Originally posted by wachuko
      Aftermarket part opportunity?

I know, old thread... just coming up to speed on these cars...
      Lucas, the Service Manager at Fields Fiat has a box of them sitting on his counter in the service area! I took TWO.
      Max
      FIAT Number 1:
      2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
      FIAT Number 2:
      2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
      FIAT Number 3:
      2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
      FIAT Number 4:
      2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
      Avorio Interior
      Automatic Temperature Control A/C
      UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

Comment

• Mini Cord
        • Dec 2011

Wow, that's just plain stupid.

Explains why my car came without one. My seller was kind enough to find one in an early car and give it to me.

I'll remember to take it off every time the car goes to the dealer.
        sigpic
        Fiat 500 Abarth 2013 - Fiat 500 Sport 2012
        Austin Mini Moke 1965
        www.minipassionmini.com

Comment

• bryanintowson
          • Mar 2012

anyone know where I can get one? I just purchased my car and I hate seeing that open plug when I get in!

Comment

• jimtesla
            • Mar 2012

yeah me too i just look down there and go wheres the cover.... dont like it open
            so if anybody else has one me wants one

Comment