PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for winter...

shil
10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
This morning, for the first time, the little snowflake symbol was lit. It's time to get ready for winter.

Does anyone happen to know the size of the wiper blades?

luckymoi
10-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Yikes, winter
It was 46 here this morning... I wimped out and put on gloves and a hat for the morning walk... but I supose the snowflake symbol will appear here in Dec/Jan.
Hey, maybe like they do in Texas with 100 degree days we could track who has the first snowflake and how many in a row.
Canada that's serious winter... is 46 Springtime like for you? I know when I lived in Denmark, 10C was short sleeve weather and we hit the beach at lunchtime.
Might I confess I used the heated seats for a few minutes this morning... guess my wife might have been right to press for them.

buzzny
10-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Last week I saw the snowflake and on the instrumentation showed 'Ice may be present on roads'. We've hit about 29 degrees (F) so far here. New Mexico (Yea, I know, I live in a desert) and I'm about 4900' above sea level. We were supposed to get snow last night but it didn't happen. BTW - our temperature sway daily can be as much as 40 degrees. Golf in the valley and ski in the mountains same day.

MrFiat
10-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Man, These cars are clever ! I think Aldo either has ESP or perhaps an IQ of 500. (pun intended) This afternoon as I was driving home in a light rain, the snowflake light on the dash lit up for the first time. And not two minutes later it started to SNOW here in Syracuse. :friendly_wink: Really, it did! Way too early for Snow but it happened just like Aldo said. ---ooooopss --- I said the S word. Sorry It won't happen again ---- :hopelessness: ------- :p

cmj912
10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I have never seen the instrumentation give the actual warning message - I wonder if that's a difference between your car and mine or if it is supposed to do that in all the cars?

It was exactly 32F when I got in the car this morning. Snowflake was lit. The car was covered with freezing rain. Heated mirrors and heat work very well!

MrFiat
10-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I have never seen the instrumentation give the actual warning message - I wonder if that's a difference between your car and mine or if it is supposed to do that in all the cars?

Apologies if my poor attempt at humor has caused some misunderstanding. All that I saw on the dash was the snowflake. No actual message. The snowflake icon came on at 35 degrees and a couple of minutes later the rain turned to wet snow. ----arggghhh --there I go using that S word again !

Felnus
10-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I've had the snowflake lit several times this month. When I first start the car, I quite often don't see the "Ice may be present on roads" warning as other things like my phone pairing with the car is happening in the EVIC but the snowflake will be lit. However, if it is not on and the temperature drops while I'm on my way to work(easy to do since where I work is several hundred feet higher in elevation than where I live) I will be see the warning message when the snowflake comes on.

shil
11-01-2011, 08:49 AM
The wiper blades are 24” and 14” in front and 12” in back. I could not find this listed in the manual, I used a tape measure.

I’ve installed 22” and 13” winter blades in front: a little less snow to push around. I have not yet found a 12” winter blade for the back.

Prima 109
11-02-2011, 12:56 AM
The wiper blades are 24” and 14” in front and 12” in back. I could not find this listed in the manual, I used a tape measure.

I’ve installed 22” and 13” winter blades in front: a little less snow to push around. I have not yet found a 12” winter blade for the back.

I don't know about winter blades but, are you aware that Fiat pays for our blades for first 3/36? Just a heads up.

SeaDawg
11-02-2011, 02:38 AM
I don't know about winter blades but, are you aware that Fiat pays for our blades for first 3/36? Just a heads up.

He's in Canada and they don't get all the good deals we do down here in the lower 48. Their warranty isn't even as long as ours.

Prima 109
11-02-2011, 04:30 AM
He's in Canada and they don't get all the good deals we do down here in the lower 48. Their warranty isn't even as long as ours.

Oh, well then in that case, nevermind. My bad.

shil
11-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Minus 4 C this morning. Had to scape the frost from the windows for the first time. No message, just the snowflake.
Thinking about installing the winter wheels this weekend. If not then next weekend for sure. It keeps getting colder...

shil
11-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Installed the winter wheels today. Does anyone know the tires pressures on a Pop? I've got a new set of steel wheels with pop-sized tires.

Thanks!

Prima 109
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Installed the winter wheels today. Does anyone know the tires pressures on a Pop? I've got a new set of steel wheels with pop-sized tires.

Thanks!

Should be listed on your driver's door placard.

SeaDawg
11-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Should be listed on your driver's door placard.

At the risk of being ambushed, he does NOT have a POP; he has a SPORT, per his garage pictures.

If Fiat has the pressures for both sizes of tires on the Sport door jam placard, my apologies (cause I didn't look)!:D