PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 Show Cars to Make Debut at 2011 SEMA Show

Fiat500USA
10-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/-OR7wDGt3Bg/fiat-500-show-cars-to-make-debut-at.html)

KhalilWilliams
10-26-2011, 08:20 AM
After reading the article earlier this morning, I honestly tried to visualize both of the cars in my head. I even used images of anodized products to try and paint a picture of the paint job that was gonna be on the 500 Carbon edition. I think that I am gonna be impressed with what I'm gonna see when SEMA rolls around!

cmj912
10-26-2011, 08:55 AM
From a slight distance, anodized metal trim looks very similar to satin or brushed (matte) stainless steel.

Anodization applies most often to aluminum although it can be done with most ferrous metals. In the case of the 500, it may just be a descriptor of a "finish quality" (in other words, a finish made to look like anodized aluminum) rather than an actual definition of what the product is made of. However, quite recently automotive manufacturers and aftermarket suppliers have begun to offer various types of aluminum trim, most often anodized because it can be colored and it dents and scratches less easily and is no longer conductive.

Therefore, Anodized Azzurro would mean a relatively non-glossy blue finish, I think.

Anodizing increases corrosion resistance and wear resistance, and provides better adhesion for paint primers and glues than does bare metal. It is very popular in aluminum cookware such as Calphalon.

Anodic films can also be used for a number of cosmetic effects, either with thick porous coatings that can absorb dyes or with thin transparent coatings that add interference effects to reflected light.