PDA

View Full Version : Abarth commercial

Abarth
10-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey all!

New guy here. I currently drive a '96 Miata which will become my "fair weather" car once I get my hands on an Abarth SS.

Anyway, just thought I would give a heads-up to people that the Abarth is coming soon. A friend of mine is an actor and he just had an audition for the Abarth today.

Also, how the hell was my screen name still available when I registered today? :)

Fiat500USA
10-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Hey all!

New guy here. I currently drive a '96 Miata which will become my "fair weather" car once I get my hands on an Abarth SS.

Anyway, just thought I would give a heads-up to people that the Abarth is coming soon. A friend of mine is an actor and he just had an audition for the Abarth today.

Also, how the hell was my screen name still available when I registered today? :)

Welcome to the Forum! Love that screen name! LOL

Fill us in when (and if) you can...

Reaperman
10-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Actor? This ad sounds like it's going to be a bit of a departure from the (few) foreign Abarth ads I've seen on youtube.

Though, I guess the woman in the 'old lady' ad was probably an actress, and not just a stunt driver in a housecoat. It might border more on the side of extra work.

txdesign
10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Actor? I want racing footage with cars up on two wheels :)
Or maybe they could re-do the Italian Job with a twist of using Abarths to rob a bank in London.

Lollipop
10-22-2011, 04:58 PM
My local dealer-to-be still has not changed his signage but is at least putting out teaser adverts in the local paper. But, the sales person had never heard of Abarth! Is you local dealer more helpful?

Fiat500USA
10-22-2011, 09:21 PM
My local dealer-to-be still has not changed his signage but is at least putting out teaser adverts in the local paper. But, the sales person had never heard of Abarth! Is you local dealer more helpful?

Great that he's putting ads out, not so great that the sales people don't know about the car. Tell your dealer to have his sales people go to my site and brush up on what the car is about! ;) Here is a link for him to start: Intro to the 500 Abarth (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2009/01/introducing-new-fiat-500abarth.html)