PDA

View Full Version : FIAT USA Debuts First Fiat 500 Commercial Featuring Jennifer Lopez

Fiat500USA
10-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/TFm7ic16Qvw/fiat-usa-debuts-first-fiat-500.html)

sjmst
10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mJPCAEkcyqg

I give it high marks.
Why?
1) J Lo. Hot/hit
2) Excellent quality filming
3) Juxtaposition of the gritty Bronx with the cutesy car. Like a payday candy bar...a little salt cuts the sweetness.

So we have the car getting instant recognition and being associated with a star those who might buy it can associate with.

As for guys who now won't buy it because it is now branded a "chick" car, they can use the money they save and buy a set of balls. :topsy_turvy:

SeaDawg
10-12-2011, 02:42 PM
As for guys who now won't buy it because it is now branded a "chick" car, they can use the money they save and buy a set of balls. :topsy_turvy:

ha, Ha, HA! Best retort yet!

Thanks, you made my day!

cmj912
10-12-2011, 08:18 PM

I give it high marks.
Why?
1) J Lo. Hot/hit
3) Juxtaposition of the gritty Bronx with the cutesy car. Like a payday candy bar...a little salt cuts the sweetness.

So we have the car getting instant recognition and being associated with a star those who might buy it can associate with.

I totally agree with you. I just wish people around here would even say "chick car". I've been getting worse words. Who knew so many people had no class? Eh well, my bad for assuming, eh?

Fiat500USA
10-13-2011, 01:54 AM

I give it high marks.
Why?
1) J Lo. Hot/hit

Yeah, I don't understand why someone would not buy a car because of what some jerk would say. I constantly read that on Facebook. Any long time Fiat fan would never listen to what idiots say, we've heard it all! I like what I like, and I figure I'm in good company with the interesting people on this forum and the other millions of Fiat owners throughout the world.

Facebook is out of control. Constructive criticism is one thing, but it is degenerating into people being insulted and bombarded anytime another point of view is expressed. That sought of stuff drives people away.

Personally I can't stand the negativity and hatred, especially by people who don't know what they are talking about.

Agent P
10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Well my husband already thought it was a "chick car" and so the new JLo commercial has not been helping my case. He's in television and has to watch that commercial at work. I've yet to see it but, he's seen it many times now. He says JLo is bad for the car's image - I have to agree. Why didn't they recruit that model "Ele" or whatever her name is - that would have been sex-neutral I think. BTW I still haven't bought my fiat yet, still arguing with hubby about it being a chick car and well, we almost rented one from Enterprise for our upcoming drive to Northern California (live in L.A. area) but I decided that would be a dicey gamble trying to sell my husband on the car if we were going to be forced to make 16 hour round trip in it.... I am now going to wait for the Abarth launch - real curious about what HP we are gonna get in the car. May forgo the standard Sport for the Abarth in hopes of better selling it as a "non-chick" car to my husband.