PDA

View Full Version : 140 mph / 225 KmH in an Abarth

Fiat500USA
10-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Another video to daydream with:

http://youtu.be/HbCcaCJ-v_k

SeaDawg
10-07-2011, 01:59 AM
What a sweet sounding engine. And in my color too! Looks like on the Autobahn. I think my personal maximum would have been around 170-180 Km/Hr.

Fiat500USA
10-07-2011, 08:41 AM
What a sweet sounding engine. And in my color too! Looks like on the Autobahn. I think my personal maximum would have been around 170-180 Km/Hr.

I'm not a big speeder, but if it were legal and on a road like that, in a country that was used to fast driving, I would be fine maxing out the Fiat/Abarth. Might be different if it were a Countach / Diablo, etc.

If that was in the US, there would be people hanging out in the left lane or changing lanes in front of you without looking, so driving that fast wouldn't be too practical. I've done that when I was younger on deserted highways in my GTV6 and Lancia Scorpion, but wouldn't do it now. I've learned my lesson ;)

Giallo Edizione
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm not a big speeder, but if it were legal and on a road like that, in a country that was used to fast driving, I would be fine maxing out the Fiat/Abarth. Might be different it if it were a Countach / Diablo, etc.

If that was in the US, there would be people hanging out in the left lane or changing lanes in front of you without looking, so driving that fast wouldn't be too practical. I've done that when I was younger on deserted highways in my GTV6 and Lancia Scorpion, but wouldn't do it now. I've learned my lesson ;)

Tell us more about your "lesson". :emmersed:

Fiat500USA
10-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Tell us more about your "lesson". :emmersed:

Well, it took many lessons! Some were better than others; like a GTV6 at redline in fifth gear equals 137 mph or it would take a few miles down hill to hit 130 mph in a Lancia Scorpion, but others were painful and expensive.

The big one was mid-engined cars have a low polar moment of inertia!:culpability:

Anyway, today I'm content to drive as smoothly as possible, play with eco-drive and save the speed for the racetrack.

However, all bets are off with my Abarth road test... :onthego:

geeded
10-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Anyway, today I'm content to drive as smoothly as possible, play with eco-drive and save the speed for the racetrack.

However, all bets are off with my Abarth road test... :onthego:

Ahhhhhh, and Chris..... That would be.... When?:adoration:

Fiat500USA
10-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Ahhhhhh, and Chris..... That would be.... When?:adoration:

We are working on it. ;)