PDA

View Full Version : Missing Trim Piece?

Jalpa_Mike
10-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Spent some time washing and cleaning the new addition over the weekend.

When I was down in the drivers side floorboard area, I saw what appears to be a missing trim piece... I don't know, maybe this is normal? I've tried to look on the Net for interior photo's but can't see to locate any from the drivers side to confirm. The Passenger side is all nice and "clean" looking as you can tell from the photo, but the drivers side appears to be "open".

Anyone else see the same thing with their car?

SeaDawg
10-04-2011, 12:58 AM

Just took a look at mine in the garage. Nothing is missing...it's just made that way. The dash blocks you from seeing that open area unless you REALLY want to get down in the footwell and look closely.

Fiat500USA
10-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Spent some time washing and cleaning the new addition over the weekend.

When I was down in the drivers side floorboard area, I saw what appears to be a missing trim piece... I don't know, maybe this is normal? I've tried to look on the Net for interior photo's but can't see to locate any from the drivers side to confirm. The Passenger side is all nice and "clean" looking as you can tell from the photo, but the drivers side appears to be "open".

Mike, it's OK, there is nothing missing. Here is a picture of mine:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-x2hZzL1PenM/TfBRJimtsII/AAAAAAAAGpk/bqPIQKArTgY/s640/Fiat500USA-April2011%252520020.JPG

F500
10-04-2011, 07:01 AM
it now appears to be "official". I checked the parts catalog and there is no part listed or shown for the left side of the console.

Chris
10-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Mine's the same-

Jalpa_Mike
10-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks everyone! I was looking for any sort of mounting points where a trim piece would go, but could see nothing! So, I just assumed the car was built that way. But, thanks to all for the confirmation!

Mike

Chris
10-04-2011, 10:46 AM
While driving this morning I considered this. Granted my driving foot is size 11... but if they added a trim piece I don't think my feet would fit :barbershop_quartet_

PFVA63
10-04-2011, 10:28 PM
While driving this morning I considered this. Granted my driving foot is size 11... but if they added a trim piece I don't think my feet would fit :barbershop_quartet_

I think you're probably right.

Regards

Pat

F500
10-05-2011, 09:31 PM

I think you're probably right.

Regards

Pat

I know my 13's wouldn't fit if there was a panel. LOL

Ladyfiat
10-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Mine looks the same.