PDA

View Full Version : Touch-Up Paint (Pre-emptive Strike)

cmj912
09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Have any of you purchased touch up paint from the dealer? Or know who has it?

Usually I like to keep some of it just in case. I've been tooling around eBay Europe and I've seen some neat stuff but I'm loathe to buy paint from Europe as it probably wouldn't match exactly.

F500
09-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I ordered a touch-up bottle. got it next day.......Verde Chiarro. :) it wasn't cheap (List Price was $10.10) but like you, I like to have some 'on hand'.....JUST IN CASE.

WIBOB
09-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Picked up a bottle of the touch up paint (yellow) from the dealer this past weekend. He had all the colors in stock and it ran about $10. I need to fix a little chip on the front before I put on a good coat of wax.

Nero
09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Yes I was able to purchase a tube of touch up paint for my Nero black 500 Lounge C from my local Fiat Studio at a cost of $10.

FiatGusto
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
I ordered a touch-up bottle. got it next day.......Verde Chiarro. :) it wasn't cheap (List Price was $10.10) but like you, I like to have some 'on hand'.....JUST IN CASE.
Hi I want to buy one too. May I ask where you ordered the paint.
Thank you

cmj912
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you

I think they all just went to the dealer. I was assuming some sort of crazy struggle. I'm gonna stop by tomorrow and grab some if they have it.

Fiat500USA
09-30-2011, 02:05 AM
$10 for the right color is really not bad. The going rate is $7 at autozone and they won't have the correct color.

Prima 109
09-30-2011, 04:44 AM
I got a bottle of Rosso for my car the other day when I went in for my 8k service, they had it in stock.

cmj912
09-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I got a bottle of Rosso for my car the other day when I went in for my 8k service, they had it in stock.

Yup, got mine today, they had it right there.
Of course, when I called to ask they transferred me to Fiat sales instead of parts, and my salesman answered the phone who proceeded to remind me "that I haven't sent him even ONE customer"...

Oh boy...

F500
09-30-2011, 07:52 PM

just to clarify, my dealer also had it in stock. I called and asked them to lay it out and I picked it up the next day. they have just about all of the accessories on hand.....including shirts, hats and coffee cups.

F500
09-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you

my dealer.....they had it in stock.

your dealer is your best bet. if you're too far from them, see if they won't consider shipping it to you.

Bruce McClure
10-02-2011, 06:50 PM
...my salesman answered the phone who proceeded to remind me "that I haven't sent him even ONE customer"...

Wow...makes me happy I bought where I did!

cmj912
10-03-2011, 08:30 AM
I know, right? It almost makes me wonder what's going through his mind?

One of the other salesmen that knows who I am does honk and wave when he sees me out and about. He's not in a Fiat when he does it, but I recognize him. Friendly guy. Almost wish I'd dealt with him...

As for the paint, it was for a couple of places on the underside of the car that look "thin" to me. I fixed it this weekend.

Does anyone have the list of paint codes? That might be handy to post for others looking to purchase. It was the first question they asked me when I called. If you don't know it, you can give them your VIN. The paint code is on the car, but I'd never looked for it. I think it is on that door jamb sticker.

And just in case you were thinking you could use information from 500s sold in other markets, no, you really can't. The paint comes in a MOPAR branded tube (ie specifically for the USA).

Ezzy Zhoo
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Fiat of Manhattan in NYC has but they are charging an arm and a leg for it! $20!!

Prima 109
10-04-2011, 08:45 PM
my dealer.....they had it in stock.

your dealer is your best bet. if you're too far from them, see if they won't consider shipping it to you.

They more than likely won't ship because it is considered hazardous material. My dealer's, um, studio's parts dept said they couldn't shop it to me for this reason, so they just gave me the bottle when I came in for srevice. My studio is 102 miles away until Cochran's opens later this month in Monroeville, PA, east of Pittsburgh, PA. Only 20 miles away from me. Thank God.:joyous:
Chris, if you read this, please make a note of it. I'll post when they open.

cmj912
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Fiat of Manhattan in NYC has but they are charging an arm and a leg for it! $20!!

I wonder why that is? Twice the price...?

cmj912
10-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Have any of you purchased touch up paint from the dealer? Or know who has it?

Usually I like to keep some of it just in case. I've been tooling around eBay Europe and I've seen some neat stuff but I'm loathe to buy paint from Europe as it probably wouldn't match exactly.

Here are some of the paint codes in case any of you are calling or don't feel like looking in the car. Apologies if these have been posted elsewhere:

KTM Espresso
KWH Bianco Perla
KYF Giallo
KFP Verde Oliva
KTA Mocha Latte
KLB Rame
KRA Rosso Brillante
KR1 Rosso
KBP Azzurro
KW3 Bianco
KAJ Grigio
KGA Verde Chiaro

Two colors are missing: Argento and Nero. When I find those, I will let you know.

buzzny
11-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Here are some of the paint codes in case any of you are calling or don't feel like looking in the car. Apologies if these have been posted elsewhere:

KTM Espresso
KWH Bianco Perla
KYF Giallo
KFP Verde Oliva
KTA Mocha Latte
KLB Rame
KRA Rosso Brillante
KR1 Rosso
KBP Azzurro
KW3 Bianco
KAJ Grigio
KGA Verde Chiaro
PXR Nero

One color are missing: Argento.

CMJ912, I added Nero to the list.

Rapps
02-12-2013, 07:15 PM
I have used this product on two of our cars with great success. When I used OEM paint or any auto paint the results were not what I wanted. The chip would fill but no matter how hard I tried, even using tiny art brushes and magnifying goggles, it would usually end up on the clear coat adjacent to the chip.
This worked for me much better:
http://www.drcolorchip.com/
The color match was dead on, I have no complaints, very pleased.