PDA

View Full Version : Interior Ambient Lighting kit

cogtooth
09-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Anyone know whether the interior ambient lighting kit is just faint led lighting, or does it light up the interior when the doors are open? The standard lighting is not very powerful compared with most cars i've had.

Fiat500USA
09-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Anyone know whether the interior ambient lighting kit is just faint led lighting, or does it light up the interior when the doors are open? The standard lighting is not very powerful compared with most cars i've had.

I'm also wondering about this. Anyone have it or have seen it? My Audi has it and it is a a small steady red glow of light from the headliner that shines down when the lights are on. It's not intrusive or really noticeable, but it is a nice effect. I like it in that car.

unknown_eyes
02-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has the ambient lighting kit installed yet???

luckymoi
02-13-2012, 11:28 PM
No but would like know really what it is... I recall there being different colors. Is it when the doors are open and its night time or what?

janaheim
02-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Amazon has the FIAT 500 ambient lighting kit. Here's their description and link.
Product Description:
New FIAT 500 owners! Here are the new accessories directly from FIAT. Want your FIAT to have all the cool add on accessories? Well here is an ambient interior lighting kit to take your 500/500C to the next level. This kit easily installs and comes with installation CD rom. Mopar's Interior Ambient Lighting kit gently illuminates the interior of the vehicle. A rotary knob allows for the customer to select one of the multi color LEDs to be used for the color of the ambient lighting. The lighting will be under both the driver and passenger IP as well as, depending on the vehicle, in the cupholder. Finally since the 1970's has FIAT imported their style of european automobiles to the United States and here is your chance to enjoy the ride. Check out our ebay store for more genuine FIAT parts and accessories. FIAT# 82212347.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/FIAT-Ambient-Interior-Lighting-OEM/dp/B005EYZACK/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1

This is much like my 2007 Scion xB, where you can choose one of many different colors, i.e. blue, green, red, yellow, etc. It lights the driver and passenger foot wells, as well as the cup holders, by pushing a button mounted on the lower front console. In case of the 500, the color is changed via a rotary knob. Also, not sure if the cup holders will be lit as well.

I'm thinking about getting it later this year. Right now I bought the Injen CAI and the FIAT 500 Sprint Booster and later this month I will be getting the Madness Performance Exhaust, the 1.2" Lowering Springs and the retractable front license plate bracket with remote.

Ciao

Leotxn
04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I found a cheaper alternative to the Mopar kit if anyone interested and is handy enough to handle the install.

http://www.ledunderbody.com/7-Color-2pc-Expandable-LEDGlow-LED-Interior-Lights-Lighting-Kit.aspx

Kit is $24.00 so it's much cheaper then the Mopar kit and basically same thing, comes with 2 lights, controller, wiring.

I ordered it and will look at it before I install it in my Abarth next month (when I get the car lol).

janaheim
04-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I found a cheaper alternative to the Mopar kit if anyone interested and is handy enough to handle the install.

http://www.ledunderbody.com/7-Color-2pc-Expandable-LEDGlow-LED-Interior-Lights-Lighting-Kit.aspx

Kit is $24.00 so it's much cheaper then the Mopar kit and basically same thing, comes with 2 lights, controller, wiring.

I ordered it and will look at it before I install it in my Abarth next month (when I get the car lol).

Thanks. Looks awesome and the price with shipping comes out to be less than $30! WOW!!! Now I need to find someone to install it for me.

Ciao

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
I bookmarked the site , please update us when you install it or just PM me .

Leotxn
04-20-2012, 05:56 PM
I bookmarked the site , please update us when you install it or just PM me .

Will do, it already arrived via ups at home but I am still out of country until next month. Fingers X'd my Abarth gets built and delivered by the end of May.

Mike S
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I just ordered one too, thank you.

I assume you are serving in Afghanistan so, an early welcome home for you when you get back.

Leotxn
04-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Mike! I think you live in same area of TX as me. I am working with Fiat of Austin for my Abarth order. Thanks again and looking forward to getting back to Ft. Hood.

Mike S
04-20-2012, 09:15 PM
And I do, I live in the Southeast part of Texas, close to Ft Lauderdale.

Dave80GTSi
09-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Update to old thread - certainly someone must have installed one of these by now?

Primary open question is whether or not it is tied to the existing feeble interior dome light, so that the underdash LED's comes on when a door is opened.

Thanks - DM

Fiat500USA
09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Looked at the instruction sheet provided online and it is extremely vague (it only tells you how to assemble the center console). Looks like it gets power from the 12v power outlet in the console and there is a switch that is added, most likely in the console. I thought of getting it, but LED strips are a lot less than $300 and it isn't that hard to set up. The LED strips in the kit use an adhesive strip, so judging by the poor instruction sheet provided on TechAuthority, it doesn't look like anything too special, other than being able to change the colors.

Tweak
09-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Looked at the instruction sheet provided online and it is extremely vague (it only tells you how to assemble the center console). Looks like it gets power from the 12v power outlet in the console and there is a switch that is added, most likely in the console. I thought of getting it, but LED strips are a lot less than $300 and it isn't that hard to set up. The LED strips in the kit use an adhesive strip, so judging by the poor instruction sheet provided on TechAuthority, it doesn't look like anything too special, other than being able to change the colors.

The switch is opposite the 12V (cig lighter) port or passenger side, is isn't very bright at all in some lights I noticed. I was visiting the studio and happened to see this and this is all I recall, didn't check on it lighting with the door opening though.