PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster

reventlow
09-17-2011, 01:54 AM
The Sprint Booster is a throttle response improvement sold by 500 Madness. Check 500Madness website for complete info.
This accessory costs $300, shipping is presently gratis and if you don't like it send it back within 30 days for a full refund.
This item connects between the plug to accelerator and accelerator. You will remove accelerator unit by undoing 3 10mm nuts.
There are 3 settings: Factory, medium acceleration and maximum. I use 'medium' peppier around town and shifts (automatic) at higher revs. I like the improved response.
Installation Time: 20-30 mins.
Tools: 1/4" drive ratchet 2 6" extensions and a deep 10mm socket. A small flashlight helps.
Read instructions and follow them, I am adding 'tips' I found after calling Madness twice then doing it.
Move seat all the to rear. Locate the (3) nuts, 2 on outboard side corners 1 on inboard upper corner. Remove all 3.
On upper plug you will see a dark red, lined piece the size of a small postage stamp, it faces rearward when looking at accelerator.
Gently slide this piece out, it is the locking piece, use NO force. With accelerator unit removed from firewall you can get a grip on side
of red locking tab and pull/wiggle it out. It stays in housing but releases connector. With accel in hand the Sprint Booster installs with
white plug for controller on passenger side, my SB needed a firm push to connect. Carefully insert connector from wiring loom to plug in Sprint Booster push in red locking tab. Fit accelerator over 3 studs and tighten nuts. Careful that wire from remote is free and it fits in a gap along lower console. I taped it next to pass window lift button temporarily. Double sided tape is included for permanent attachment.
Conveniently, the SB remembers it's setting until you change it. Instruction leaflet covers use of controller button.

WIBOB
09-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I have been trying to decide if I should get this mod. Not that I can not do the install, but if it was worth it knowing that I have the Sport Button and if this mod would give me more. Still have not made up my mind yet.