PDA

View Full Version : Bulb Sizes

GotFiat
09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Ok, So i'm looking to do some LED mods, anyone knows where i could find the sizes of all the bulbs in the car including interior dome bulbs, DRLs, fender turn signals and the tail lights.
and if you have experience with led mods do you know what resestor i should get so i don't trip the "bulb malfunction warning"?

Thanks in advance :)

Fiat500USA
09-09-2011, 01:08 AM
ok, so i'm looking to do some led mods, anyone knows where i could find the sizes of all the bulbs in the car including interior dome bulbs, drls, fender turn signals and the tail lights.
And if you have experience with led mods do you know what resestor i should get so i don't trip the "bulb malfunction warning"?

Thanks in advance :)

Exterior
backup -- 921 (w16w)
brake --- p21/5w
center high mounted stop (cabrio - convertible)--- light-emitting diodes serviced in assembly
center high mounted stop (hatchback) --- w5w
daytime running lamp (drl) --- w21/5w
front fog----- h11/55w
front park (united states and canada)---- w21/5w
front side marker -----w3w
front turn signal (mexico and latin america) ----py21w
front turn signal (united states and canada)---- wy21w
headlamp high beam (mexico and latin america)---- h7
headlamp low beam (mexico and latin america)--- h1
headlamp (united states and canada)--- 9012LL/55w (HIR2)
license plate light---emitting diodes serviced in assembly

position (mexico and latin america)--- w21/5w
position (united states and canada)--- w5w
rear fog--- p21/5w
rear park--- p21/5w
rear side marker--- w3w
rear turn signal--- py21w
side repeater--- wy5w

Interior
Front Dome/Reading ---C10W
Cargo ---W5W

GotFiat
09-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm looking at DDM website, why is none of these sizes correlates with the LEDs sizes?
Thanks again :)

SeaDawg
09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Exterior
backup -- 921 (w16w)
brake --- p21/5w
center high mounted stop (cabrio - convertible)--- light-emitting diodes serviced in assembly
center high mounted stop (hatchback) --- w5w
daytime running lamp (drl) --- w21/5w
front fog----- h11/55w
front park (united states and canada)---- w21/5w
front side marker -----w3w
front turn signal (mexico and latin america) ----py21w
front turn signal (united states and canada)---- wy21w
headlamp high beam (mexico and latin america)---- h7
headlamp low beam (mexico and latin america)--- h1
headlamp (united states and canada)--- 9012LL/55w (HIR2)
license plate light---emitting diodes serviced in assembly

position (mexico and latin america)--- w21/5w
position (united states and canada)--- w5w
rear fog--- p21/5w
rear park--- p21/5w
rear side marker--- w3w
rear turn signal--- py21w
side repeater--- wy5w

Interior
Front Dome/Reading ---C10W
Cargo ---W5W

I recognize the 9012 designator for the headlight bulb, but are there not numerical designators for the other bulbs like the 1157 or are the way they are listed above the way automotive bulbs are designated now on the blister packs? Just curious, haven't had to buy an automotive bulb in years...tremendous advance in quality.

ciddyguy
09-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I recognize the 9012 designator for the headlight bulb, but are there not numerical designators for the other bulbs like the 1157 or are the way they are listed above the way automotive bulbs are designated now on the blister packs? Just curious, haven't had to buy an automotive bulb in years...tremendous advance in quality.

That I don't know but I know that numerical numbering systems have been set up to make it easier to buy standard bulbs for whatever application it's intended for.

I use the old incandescent bulbs in my truck and I've only had to replace I think both tail lights once in 5.5 years, a backup lamp and right after buying the truck, the side marker and both fog lamps needed bulbs as they were burnt out and so far, nothing else outside of the fogs and the headlamps have been replaced since then and the fogs now need new bulbs again but I'm not going to replace them as I don't intend on keeping this old truck too much longer.

I, did have to replace the dome light I think a couple of years ago. The headlamps are of course, the usual halogens, I think the usual 9007 or there abouts.

I have seen some newer cars who's lamps don't last and have at least one burn out within a couple of years where filament bulbs are still used, but this is rare as many cars now seem to never have a burned out bulb, though I'm sure dealers are replacing those that are burnt out when they come in for service so it just LOOKS like bulbs aren't burning out like they once did. :-)

I've seen aftermarket LED bulbs that retrofit in standard sockets in older cars but have not been impressed with their performance, especially for things like the taillights etc. Not terribly bright and don't light up the entire reflector due to their design and thus the light emitted is also smaller and the distinction between brake and tail is barely distinguishable.

Chris, I thought the FIAT uses a single double filament bulb for the tail/brake or is this culled from the Euro spec car or did they do a running change?

Fiat500USA
10-04-2011, 02:20 PM
... Chris, I thought the FIAT uses a single double filament bulb for the tail/brake or is this culled from the Euro spec car or did they do a running change?
I don't know how I missed your post.

The list is from the US Fiat 500 repair manual, which is available as an online subscription on Tech Authority.