PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow

GotFiat
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Ok, so i called Magnaflow playing stupid and asked if they have a part# for just the rear muffler and tips they have for the Magnaflow system they have and they told me that they only sell it as a whole system, and i'm not looking to drop $500 on exhaust so i'm trying to improvise.
\my question is does anyone know the total length of the RRM of the competizione muffler? meaning from the tips all the way to the rear inlet?
all the universal muffler bodies are 14" plus the tips and the one in the Magnaflow system is 11" plus the tips and i don't want the tips to stick out.
so that's my dilemma

any input or ideas are appreciated

BTW, that's what i'm considering to get from Magnaflow, i had it before on my MK3 GTI and it was very good.
Its listed for $348 on Magnaflow website, but its $$164 on Amazon which is an awesome deal.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/yaserdriving/MF14815.jpg

luckymoi
09-08-2011, 11:51 PM
It wii clear the rear facial that's there? Hmmm

GotFiat
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the box will fit, i just don't want the tips to stick out. i wanted to go for a flush look or maybe an inch max if i have to.

Plus the cut out in the bumper is 7" wide and the tips here are 3" each "the smallest" but that means they will still fit in the OEM cut out.

luckymoi
09-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Brllianto, grazie.

phattbam
09-11-2011, 02:02 AM
interested as well